New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
great work with the patch so far and a special thanks to the beta testers for there hard work in this.

I had a little play around with the patch and I hope in future patches little things like these can be fixed, gameplay wise it is fantastic!

1. choosing a host nation for a world cup doesn't work, i.e I chose Pakistan as the host nation and when it loaded it was using south Africa as host nation.

2. default line ups are incorrect when playing Pakistan Premier Plate or IPL then what is saved in the team line ups in the academy.

3. when creating a custom tournament like next years world cup we should have a option for host country instead of changing all the teams home stadiums to reflect this.

4. is there anyway of making the HUD font size bigger/make the HUD bigger as when using the d-pad up to change the field setting for a batsmen its hard to read the text sitting far back.

5. when creating a tour we should have a option under host country to choose host country grounds or some like this to make it easier choosing grounds for tours instead of scrolling through 100's of ground to choose the right one.

I really hope BA can have a look at these suggestions in future patches

1 existed already.

I made a post addressing 1, 3 and 5 but it’s not an area of concern from BA and disappointingly the community. Competition and tour creation is severely lacking but most people don’t care / don’t use it.

@Ashy1985 the actual answer is some of the textures and colours have been tweaked. ANnoyingly west doesn’t save when you quit and resume at the mo.

Hester for someone who hates the game so much you seem to like hanging around talking about it. It doesn’t seem the game is for you, maybe get a refund and move on?

@Parcelmoose no heads in the sand. Genuinely some stuff just couldn’t get done without stuffing other stuff up. I have a video of me swinging the ball nicely which I’ll put up later.

There’s a lot of good in this patch
There is plenty to be happy with, but a swinging ball is fundamental to cricket. You obviously know it is impossible to get a refund now, but we were promised great support to the game. 6 months later and the ball doesn't swing.

edit: plus it's not like seam movement is realistic as a result. The ball moves a ridiculous amount, like a spinner.

@Parcelmoose no heads in the sand. Genuinely some stuff just couldn’t get done without stuffing other stuff up. I have a video of me swinging the ball nicely which I’ll put up later.

Problem is, we are all very happy that you can swing the ball, but we can't, and 5 months after paying AAA rate price for a cricket game, we cant do something that was I think in Cricket 97.

I love the rest of the patch if my tone is standoffish ...

There is plenty to be happy with, but a swinging ball is fundamental to cricket. You obviously know it is impossible to get a refund now, but we were promised great support to the game. 6 months later and the ball doesn't swing.

Swing wasn’t actually touched at any point. Will have a go later!

Refund was more to him just making silly comments rather than you at least discussing stuff[DOUBLEPOST=1524741513][/DOUBLEPOST]
Problem is, we are all very happy that you can swing the ball, but we can't, and 5 months after paying AAA rate price for a cricket game, we cant do something that was I think in Cricket 97.

I love the rest of the patch if my tone is standoffish ...

I meant if I can do it, then you can do it. And I’ll find out how I did it for you to see..

Refund was more to him just making silly comments rather than you at least discussing stuff[DOUBLEPOST=1524741513][/DOUBLEPOST]

I meant if I can do it, then you can do it. And I’ll find out how I did it for you to see..
You must be able to see this from our point of view. The game was great pre-release, but changed with day 1 patch. The game has been great in beta for months, but there are now new glaring issues when the patch is finally released. I'm not saying that your experience wasn't better, but the actual game experience is still not good enough.

Cool. I had Overton, reasonable stats, green seamer, overcast. Outswing selected. Seam between 10 and 11 o clock and then between 1 and 2 o clock. Straight as an arrow. All green outputs too. Veteran, hard bowling. Same as ive been doing ever since AC was released

Cool. I had Overton, reasonable stats, green seamer, overcast. Outswing selected. Seam between 10 and 11 o clock and then between 1 and 2 o clock. Straight as an arrow. All green outputs too. Veteran, hard bowling. Same as ive been doing ever since AC was released

Maybe try overcast but a dry wicket or something? I think it might be the grassy wicket style that is throwing things off with the random seam movement. Of course it should definitely still swing on a grassy wicket (if not swing more) but perhaps we can narrow down the cause of why some are getting zero swing.

The ODI I played was on a dry wicket and I didn't notice much difference in swing compared to pre-patch but then I rarely get much swing on flat-decks in ODIs anyway.

You must be able to see this from our point of view. The game was great pre-release, but changed with day 1 patch. The game has been great in beta for months, but there are now new glaring issues when the patch is finally released. I'm not saying that your experience wasn't better, but the actual game experience is still not good enough.
I'm not sure if swing is the same because I changed the sliders to make the swing more dramatic.

Batting is much better now before the patch on hardest I could not hit any ball now I can hit them all. No more playing on easyist for batting

@Ashy1985 the actual answer is some of the textures and colours have been tweaked. ANnoyingly west doesn’t save when you quit and resume at the mo.

Hester for someone who hates the game so much you seem to like hanging around talking about it. It doesn’t seem the game is for you, maybe get a refund and move on?

I never said I hated the game. I have huge frustrations with it as I bought the game 6 months ago and only now is it anywhere close to what it should have been on release.

Don't confuse frustration with hate. That only leads to the dark side, young Padawan.

Maybe try overcast but a dry wicket or something? I think it might be the grassy wicket style that is throwing things off with the random seam movement. Of course it should definitely still swing on a grassy wicket (if not swing more) but perhaps we can narrow down the cause of why some are getting zero swing.

The ODI I played was on a dry wicket and I didn't notice much difference in swing compared to pre-patch but then I rarely get much swing on flat-decks in ODIs anyway.

Yeah ive had a go on different decks. The AI also gets nothing.

Maybe I am asking for too much. Perhaps there is a bit of shape but that would be pushing it. The fact we are all noticing it must mean something is amiss. Can someone post a video of them getting or receiving proper swing?

I've noted this in the main thread about bugs...

This game still has a statistical anomaly for players - it does not keep stats properly from game to game.

EG A custom player who plays (say) 4 T20 games and makes scores of 22, 20, 8 and 52 will have a registered highest score of 102* with 0 100's and 0 50's.

The same thing happens with custom bowlers who have best figures of 13/120 and the like.

It makes it impossible to track stats for a team and more or less renders the game broken. I can't understand how (a) this occurred after the problems with DB17 were well documented and (b) it was not a problem at all on DB14.

I've purchased each of the three games and want to support Big Ant. There is a LOT to like about the product but the failure to properly fix DB17 with the rushed release of AC smacks of profiteering off the very people you rely on for word of mouth.

I don't want a lot. It doesn't have to be the prettiest game and I can live with glitches but a cricket game without workable stats (on its third iteration) almost defeats the purpose of playing.

1 existed already.

I made a post addressing 1, 3 and 5 but it’s not an area of concern from BA and disappointingly the community. Competition and tour creation is severely lacking but most people don’t care / don’t use it.

I can understand that gameplay is core and rightly so but now that gameplay has been nailed minus a few little issues it's not a big task that BA have to do to address these issues.

By having these issues fixed I feel will increase the longevity of the game.

How on earth do aggressive cuts still go through mid-on ?
How on earth did the seam movement/swing make it past the beta testing ?
Seriously dumbfounded at the above.
No one noticed bowling outswing outside off heading down leg instead ?

I have reduced the swing down to 40 it's now a bit better. But still no movement in the air but less cutter kind.
Reduced shot force down to 30 to match the ground shot force to the lofted ones.

Pitch friction and ball friction did not have any impact on the swing cutter movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread