New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broadly speaking, there have clearly been two ways to go about sharing 'negative' thoughts about the patch today.

You can be like @Parcelmoose, who clearly has grievances and frustrations with the new update, but can at least conduct himself in a respectful and ultimately productive manner, with relative respect and understanding of the process. The feedback is grounded in wanting a better product.

Alternatively, you can be like some others and just fling shit at the forum and beta testers, based on zero knowledge whatsoever, make assumptions and make complete guesses, and see what sticks. These posts are grounded in purely being disruptive, and serve no purpose other than to flame and insult.

The choice is yours.

And co-sign on what Blocker said above, very well put.

To suggest that bowling is completely broken since the past is bonkers. I have just finished an entire test innings off bowling and it has been fantastic. The variety of dismissals, the ability to restrict the run rate and the general feeling of having control was brilliant. The lack of swing through the air needs to be looked at but even then the bowling is far more enjoyable than it was prior to the patch.

I used to love coming on this site because there was balanced and constructive criticism off issues but now some people feel that it is completely fine to just post the same thing over and over. It is boring and irritating. Highlight the issue and then give the developer a chance to respond and put it right.

Nice to hear from you!!

To suggest that bowling is completely broken since the past is bonkers. I have just finished an entire test innings off bowling and it has been fantastic. The variety of dismissals, the ability to restrict the run rate and the general feeling of having control was brilliant. The lack of swing through the air needs to be looked at but even then the bowling is far more enjoyable than it was prior to the patch.

I used to love coming on this site because there was balanced and constructive criticism off issues but now some people feel that it is completely fine to just post the same thing over and over. It is boring and irritating. Highlight the issue and then give the developer a chance to respond and put it right.

Considering how big a part swing and seam is to bowling in real cricket, to me the fact that is broken makes bowling broken. Each to their own.

Ok so here's a video of me bowling in the training ground with a "very good" quality medium-fast.

Bowling good length standard/outswing/inswing on a grassy pristine then a dry pristine. Trying to bowl a similar line each time to assess movement

Then some yorker variations as well at the end.

Modifiers are 80 bowling pace. Pace revs down to 13 (shouldn't effect swing?), everything else default.

First thing that popped out at me is the Outswing/Inswing options on the HUD are the wrong way around for a RH bowler. This seems to be a purely graphical thing as far as I can tell and in proper matches it is correct for me. Might be something to look into though.

The outswinger does seem to have basically no shape on it through the air, any movement is entirely off the pitch very similar to the standard ball on the grassy wicket. The inswinger is maybe slightly better but could just be natural angle looking like it is taking it in?

The whole download teams/players replace and link them is a mess.There are only a finite amount of cricketers they should all be hardcoded into the system with the correct attributes and stats.Shirts and faces should be downloadable but not the actual players.This would mean that ba would have to be on top of it to add new players when they enter the game.The same should be with teams and team names then we wouldn't need any of this linking nonsense .As for stadiums and umpires i strongly believe there should be quality control and have to be submitted to ba before being allowed in the game .Its a bit like the wild west out there.It would be better for BA if these things worked better and better for us.I'd rather play in a generic ground than one where the stand is 10ft in the sky and there are 8 scoreboards on the top of the stand its just makes the game look so ameuterish.

The whole download teams/players replace and link them is a mess.There are only a finite amount of cricketers they should all be hardcoded into the system with the correct attributes and stats.Shirts and faces should be downloadable but not the actual players.This would mean that ba would have to be on top of it to add new players when they enter the game.The same should be with teams and team names then we wouldn't need any of this linking nonsense .As for stadiums and umpires i strongly believe there should be quality control and have to be submitted to ba before being allowed in the game .Its a bit like the wild west out there.It would be better for BA if these things worked better and better for us.I'd rather play in a generic ground than one where the stand is 10ft in the sky and there are 8 scoreboards on the top of the stand its just makes the game look so ameuterish.

So what if you want to create fictional players, or your own park cricket team? Out of luck then because we're only allowing hard coded players in the game like its 2002 or something.

Removing customisation and flexibility is not an answer to your inability to use a feature as intended. Who is to determine what the correct attributes are? Would you know if this would breach any licensing issues? As a collective, the community seems to have adapted to, and understood the linking mechanism fairly well.

And with the Stadiums, inhibiting an individuals ability to customise the game as they see fit is counter productive. I made a ground with 8 scoreboards on the stand and want to share it with my friends - but you wouldn't allow that for quality control purposes? Ridiculous. If you're that concerned about it, consult the Stadium Checklist thread as part of this forum.

Ok so here's a video of me bowling in the training ground with a "very good" quality medium-fast.

Bowling good length standard/outswing/inswing on a grassy pristine then a dry pristine. Trying to bowl a similar line each time to assess movement

Then some yorker variations as well at the end.

Modifiers are 80 bowling pace. Pace revs down to 13 (shouldn't effect swing?), everything else default.

First thing that popped out at me is the Outswing/Inswing options on the HUD are the wrong way around for a RH bowler. This seems to be a purely graphical thing as far as I can tell and in proper matches it is correct for me. Might be something to look into though.

The outswinger does seem to have basically no shape on it through the air, any movement is entirely off the pitch very similar to the standard ball on the grassy wicket. The inswinger is maybe slightly better but could just be natural angle looking like it is taking it in?
Anybody have a vid of swing before this patch. Part of the issue might be more pronounced to others here but not beta team because we have had this in our games for so long we do not know what it used to be

Anybody have a vid of swing before this patch. Part of the issue might be more pronounced to others here but not beta team because we have had this in our games for so long we do not know what it used to be

This is the best I can do for you I'm afraid.

EDIT:

If you go halfway through this vid you can see an outswinger from Steyn as well.

From my impression of playing the game only for 1 T20 and I can say this because have been playing for few days back to back

Pros

1. The difficulty has definitely increased. I chased 190 with ease before the patch in back to back matches. In the match post the patch I was able to score 140 chasing 217. I think in real world Afghanistan would have faltered just like the match chasing 217.
2. The new grass patterns make the stadium look more decent and awesome.
3. The game has definitely become more smooth to play on Xbox One.
4. Pitch type now matters (I am not sure it did pre-release). I was bowling on dry hard cracks pitch and the spin bowlers were really tough to play except Mohammad Nabi whom bowled shit. (Basically me)

Cons

Some things to look into that I did not like about the patch

1. The ball visibility in Day T20 match gets lost in the pitch.
2. The straight drive shots are too over powered and you can basically hit straight down ground 6 out of 6 times.
3. There is a glitch where the ball passes the fielders and sometimes even crosses the boundary but apparently the fielder has had the ball all along and he throws it.

More to follow as I play more matches as my semester finally ends tonight!

Finished my first bowling innings since the patch and bowled Australia out for 171 on a green seamer, which is a nice change from pre-patch where I would concede 300-400 no matter the conditions or how well I bowled. I was rewarded for disciplined bowling and there was a variety of dismissals, so even with a lack of swing it's not broken, just a missing feature which I hope can be resolved soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread