New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you admit there is an issue.
That issue was obvious, and that issue was missed.

Wasn’t missed as I never noticed it. So I noticed it..

But to say bowling is broken is garbage. I can now play any type of match, with good AI great dismissal variation etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1524747723][/DOUBLEPOST]
Glad you admit there is an issue.
That issue was obvious, and that issue was missed.

Didn’t say it was obvious and no one ever mentioned it. Like I said I can swing it away and get the AI playing and missing. Something may of gone a lil wrong somewhere.

You repeating yourself 9 times don’t really help.

Bowling isn’t broken. Broken means the whole thing doesn’t work.

As many have said bowling now has great variety or dismissals that are very realistic and add a lot to the game.

The issue is in my opinion that on the grassy pitches the seam is counteracting the swing.

So an away swinger is being bowled and it’s seaming back in.

Stop just rambling on with the same posts over and over again.

Sorry ill have to disagree with you there.

Its got nothing to do with the pitches or the seam movement.

There is no swing. No movement through the air. Nada, zilch. If it was there earlier it isnt any more. The seam movement might give the illusion that something is happening through the air.

Wasn’t missed as I never noticed it. So I noticed it..

But to say bowling is broken is garbage. I can now play any type of match, with good AI great dismissal variation etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1524747723][/DOUBLEPOST]

Didn’t say it was obvious and no one ever mentioned it. Like I said I can swing it away and get the AI playing and missing. Something may of gone a lil wrong somewhere.

You repeating yourself 9 times don’t really help.

So you only notice it when everyone else notices it ?[DOUBLEPOST=1524747847][/DOUBLEPOST]

There is no swing. No movement through the air. Nada, zilch. If it was there earlier it isnt any more. The seam movement might give the illusion that something is happening through the air.

They are just trying to cover themselves for missing something so obvious by using excuses that the seam movement is counteracting the swing.

Even with swing not present at the moment, I am enjoying bowling more as I feel I'm being rewarded more than before this patch. I'm South Africa vs Australia on a grassy Jo'burg pitch and I have Australia 48-3 with Renshaw gone LBW, Khawaja nicked off and Smith bowled. I feel like I'm getting rewarded for disciplined bowling and the AI are scoring at a touch above 3, it's not all doom and gloom as far as I'm concerned (So Far)

So you only notice it when everyone else notices it ?[DOUBLEPOST=1524747847][/DOUBLEPOST]

They are just trying to cover themselves for missing something so obvious by using excuses that the seam movement is counteracting the swing.

Mate, no one is covering anything.

I honestly couldn’t care less what you think.. it doesn’t bother me in the slightest one bit.

What is irriating is you just filling he thread with the same thing over and over. You have made your point.

And im saying there is was.. so it will Be looked at.

I said I’d push mentalities, I said I’d push getting rid of the prod shot. I’d said I’d try make batting harder.

Something has happened or possibly slipped the net regarding swing.

Things get missed, no game is perfect. It will be looked at.

Even with swing not present at the moment, I am enjoying bowling more as I feel I'm being rewarded more than before this patch. I'm South Africa vs Australia on a grassy Jo'burg pitch and I have Australia 48-3 with Renshaw gone LBW, Khawaja nicked off and Smith bowled. I feel like I'm getting rewarded for disciplined bowling and the AI are scoring at a touch above 3, it's not all doom and gloom as far as I'm concerned (So Far)

Similar to my experiences...glad your enjoying!

It’s not so fun with the next test comes along and the pitch is a belter BD they rack up 500 though haha

And im saying there is was.. so it will Be looked at.

I said I’d push mentalities, I said I’d push getting rid of the prod shot. I’d said I’d try make batting harder.

Something has happened or possibly slipped the net regarding swing.

Things get missed, no game is perfect. It will be looked at.
As long as it's being looked into, I'm fine.
I'm happy with AI batting and the other improvements I have seen so far in the new patch.

As long as it's being looked into, I'm fine.
I'm happy with AI batting and the other improvements I have seen so far in the new patch.

And yeah things go wrong or certain aspects go wonky.

But we wanted to added a bit of movement on a grassy deck. Yes sometimes over the top. But when u need a wicket you get one that comes back in and bowls him through the gate you will see why it’s there

And yeah things go wrong or certain aspects go wonky.

But we wanted to added a bit of movement on a grassy deck. Yes sometimes over the top. But when u need a wicket you get one that comes back in and bowls him through the gate you will see why it’s there
I guess it would have been great if it had retained the old swing from the pre patch and added it to the seam movement from the new. But bit more zip rather than gripping on to the pitch.

To suggest that bowling is completely broken since the past is bonkers. I have just finished an entire test innings off bowling and it has been fantastic. The variety of dismissals, the ability to restrict the run rate and the general feeling of having control was brilliant. The lack of swing through the air needs to be looked at but even then the bowling is far more enjoyable than it was prior to the patch.

I used to love coming on this site because there was balanced and constructive criticism off issues but now some people feel that it is completely fine to just post the same thing over and over. It is boring and irritating. Highlight the issue and then give the developer a chance to respond and put it right.

It'd be helpful to remember that the presence of an issue, even a glaring or game breaking one, is not the fault of the beta.

1) a small sample of 6 or 7 people will always miss issues in comparison to a public release. The released patch has probably already had more play hours that the whole of the beta.
2) even if the beta spot something they have no control over whether BA choose to attempt a fix
3) even if BA attempt a fix, the beta cannot control whether they CAN fix it
4) the beta cannot control BAs release schedule

Blaming the beta testers is really unhelpful. The game and patch is much better thanks to the beta, whatever other issues remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread