New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a couple of bat pad smashes which were given lbw. Not sure if you are talking about the same.

I'm talking about the one from DBC17. We were all told about how amazing the patch was and then I got this pretty much every game:

And the only fix was "don't use any close fielders"...

Having said that I've actually had a couple of great bat-pad dismissals today.

I don’t get the sudden uproar. There is swing, screen shots have shown swing before the pitch of the ball. Also it hasn’t changed. It was exactly the same before. I’m bowling my same line and length and getting the movement and the wickets.

I'm talking about the one from DBC17. We were all told about how amazing this patch was and then I got this pretty much every game:

And the only fix was "don't use any close fielders"...

Having said that I've actually had a couple of great bat-pad dismissals today.

I see what you are talking about now. I have only tried T20 and hence no close fielders for spinners. Planning on playing test during weekends. But really don't want anymore 'surprises'.

I don’t get the sudden uproar. There is swing, screen shots have shown swing before the pitch of the ball. Also it hasn’t changed. It was exactly the same before. I’m bowling my same line and length and getting the movement and the wickets.

Could you tell us how? Platform? Pitch? Difficulty and modifiers used?

Are you sure the update has been applied? No swing here.

The problem is the random seam movement (and lack of swing) is so absurd it kind of overshadows everything else. The first game I played yesterday was a flat-deck ODI and it felt great. Then I played a grassy wicket test match and it was just awful.

Today I've been playing a ton of my career mode spinner (so no seam movement) and it's been very good. Lots of nice varied dismissals, able to contain when I bowl well even when not taking wickets, get punished when I bowl gash.

Trouble is we always, always seem to go one step forward and two steps back with these updates. (bat-pad smash anyone?) :facepalm

seam is a difficult skill. landing the ball on the seam time after time is difficult, and even then the actual movement is in the lap of the gods, and relatively minor unless it's late game and hits a crack.

this cartoonish rubbish nearly every ball is an absolute joke

I see what you are talking about now. I have only tried T20 and hence no close fielders for spinners. Planning on playing test during weekends. But really don't want anymore 'surprises'.

Just so we're clear because I think there's a chance you're misunderstanding me. I'm not saying the bat-pad smash is back in Ashes. I'm just comparing the situation from then to the one now. In both cases we were told about a great patch and then it turned out there was a glaring issue that ruined gameplay for many people.

This sort of situation is exactly why myself and others were against the One Big Patch strategy in the first place. Maybe we'll get a quick fix though, who knows.

a complete falsehood.

Could you tell us how? Platform? Pitch? Difficulty and modifiers used?

Are you sure the update has been applied? No swing here.

I ain’t that stupid the patch is applied. Look at my two,screen shots further back. It’s a bright sunny day and there is movement before the ball pitches.

Xbox One, hard pitch. Veteran AI. MEDIUM MEDIUM EASY. Medium modifiers only.[DOUBLEPOST=1524776768][/DOUBLEPOST]
a complete falsehood.

Explain why it’s false? I shared two screens to show movement

So three or four people are shitting on the whole thing and suddenly its all shit? And of course they would have sorted it all out in 5 minutes. Just dont play it then if it such a frustrating experience. Just be miserable at the loss of your “hard earned cash”.

Oh let the flames of gitness engulf me......

The crucial factor, is that the AI bowl no swinging deliveries. Not a user error.[DOUBLEPOST=1524776919][/DOUBLEPOST]
So three or four people are shitting on the whole thing and suddenly its all shit? And of course they would have sorted it all out in 5 minutes. Just dont play it then if it such a frustrating experience. Just be miserable at the loss of your “hard earned cash”.

This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have read.

You held out longer than I thought. :p

At least to me it's not all shit. I'm just steering clear of grassy wickets for now.

The crucial factor, is that the AI bowl no swinging deliveries. Not a user error.[DOUBLEPOST=1524776919][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have read.
Oh I can show you a few of yours that would make the cut, you flatter yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread