New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright lads come down big ant have really worked on this patch and so have beta team the ridiculous amount of flooding the seam movement it not game breaking it not even bad adds a bit of spice the game fine as they said it been noted the game improved and when can accept that it harder to score runs which is great

You do realise it doesn’t swing in every game in real life anyway?

There are games where the ball does absolutely nothing. There are never games where the batsmen switch hands and bat left handed.[DOUBLEPOST=1524778334][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys I think the point in swing may have been made....

I think it’s been noted...

I think everyone has got the point

Yeah, as I've been watching and working in the game for over 20 years, that I do. (without wanting to sound like that guy who plays for Sri Lanka).

It's also why when I was testing for swing I was using Craig Overton and Jimmy Anderson under cloudy skies on a warm day, and not say Alistair Cook in Australia in 40 degree heat with no clouds.

Alright lads come down big ant have really worked on this patch and so have beta team the ridiculous amount of flooding the seam movement it not game breaking it not even bad adds a bit of spice the game fine as they said it been noted the game improved and when can accept that it harder to score runs which is great

For some the stats issue or online play is game breaking. I haven't even noticed them.

For people like me it's the ability to be a swing bowler.

Each to their own, but you can't say what one or the other can accept or not. Loads of us are irate about this.

I'm certainly not denying the amount of work that's gone into this patch. And the rest of it is absolutely spot on. But yeah it's like being trolled somewhat that whenever there is a new build something fundamental gets left out, be it edges, bowleds, swing or the like. Or if not left out, then there are so few people privvy to the beta builds, without their being anyone in house who really appreciates the nuances of cricket, that for whatever reason stuff gets released regardless.

Great patch so far. Offline play is all good.

Online play is still laggy. Teleporting balls all over the screen. Short bowling is OP as is spin + short.

AI last ball smash greatly reduced

AI run rate now fluctuates and not on railes

Competitive AI when chasing and posting.

Mentalities working
Attributes working
Prod Shot removed.

Batting tweaks made.

I’m glad others are appreciated some of the changes ananda enjoying.

If I’m honest even on release I can’t remember that much swing. It always seemed cosmetic and occurred after it passed the batsmen.

Not to say that it’s how it should be, I just don’t ever remember it being THAT different. Especially as it wasn’t even touched!!

i couldn't see the mentalities or attributes because the lack of swing and cartoonish seam make it very hard to see anything else. the swing is very different.

Seems like Big Ant have attempted to fix what wasn't broken in the first place.

Batting timing seems unnatural, when playing at such a late point. Months of muscle memory has gone down the drain. Why would you do this to your users @BigAnt !? Having spent months on the game, I now have to relearn the entire thing again. Sure, I might get used to it in the future, but I may actually abandon the game before that.

Swing Bowling seems to be gone too. As if having put up a poor score wasn't enough (Thanks, new timing adjustments!), the ball doesn't swing either. Making a perfect mockery of any bowling tactics I was thinking of.

Look, I get Big Ant Studios has spent quite a while on this patch. But at the same time, the users have been waiting for critical bug fixes, and "improvements" to the game, for just as long. And when new updates mean a particularly hard transition, it's really not pleasing.

i couldn't see the mentalities or attributes because the lack of swing and cartoonish seam make it very hard to see anything else. the swing is very different.

Mentalities certainly there. (Gosh it's nice to type that. Maybe one day I'll say the same about swing bowling)

You do realise it doesn’t swing in every game in real life anyway?

There are games where the ball does absolutely nothing.
There are never games where the batsmen switch hands and bat left handed.

This is a very fair point, and i think the prior position was definitely that there would more or less swing due to conditions, age of the ball etc. But i played in conditions today that (yesterday) would have got swing but it was gun barrel straight - until it bounced, when it went massive.

i'll put more time in over weekend but the first impression is poor.

This is a very fair point, and i think the prior position was definitely that there would more or less swing due to conditions, age of the ball etc. But i played in conditions today that (yesterday) would have got swing but it was gun barrel straight - until it bounced, when it went massive.

i'll put more time in over weekend but the first impression is poor.

Yeah nobody is denying that there are times when you shouldn't get swing, but we are all big enough and old enough to know when you should.

Batting timing seems unnatural, when playing at such a late point. Months of muscle memory has gone down the drain. Why would you do this to your users @BigAnt !? Having spent months on the game, I now have to relearn the entire thing again. Sure, I might get used to it in the future, but I may actually abandon the game before that.

Swing Bowling seems to be gone too. As if having put up a poor score wasn't enough (Thanks, new timing adjustments!), the ball doesn't swing either. Making a perfect mockery of any bowling tactics I was thinking of.

Look, I get Big Ant Studios has spent quite a while on this patch. But at the same time, the users have been waiting for critical bug fixes, and "improvements" to the game, for just as long. And when new updates mean a particularly hard transition, it's really not pleasing.

The batting timing is not unnatural....

Instead of crying about swing just change the sliders. The swing on default sliders is now based on the ground weather and damage to the floor.

Mentalities certainly there. (Gosh it's nice to type that. Maybe one day I'll say the same about swing bowling)

OK, i'll take your word for it. I will probably need to check what mentalities are set up - i used @wasteyouryouth ashes 1993 teams, and Taylor went off like a rocket (12 in the first over) and Slater batted out 2 maidens and got off the mark on his 17th ball smashing a full middle stump ball over fine leg for 6...

OK, i'll take your word for it. I will probably need to check what mentalities are set up - i used @wasteyouryouth ashes 1993 teams, and Taylor went off like a rocket (12 in the first over) and Slater batted out 2 maidens and got off the mark on his 17th ball smashing a full middle stump ball over fine leg for 6...

I had a good time playing the ODI on a dry/hard wicket. I think it was "wearing" too?

So I'd recommend that if you want to try something different.

The batting timing is not unnatural....

Instead of crying about swing just change the sliders. The swing on default sliders is now based on the ground weather and damage to the floor.
I've got swing set to 100 and haven't seen any swing, what do you suggest?
Off the top of my head, fairly certain Taylor would be conservative or precise. Slater, possibly balanced.

actually playing late is not unnatural, and although the muscle memory point is a good one, if everything else is in place it would add longevity from a point of view of re-learning. I couldn't personally see (as beta testers said) that you could play after the pitch but it may be just a case of getting used to it. i did notice better edge variation. and my first dismissal was very nice... those would be the only 2 positives i noticed from the 2 sessions i played.[DOUBLEPOST=1524780742][/DOUBLEPOST]
I had a good time playing the ODI on a dry/hard wicket. I think it was "wearing" too?

So I'd recommend that if you want to try something different.

might give it a go tomorrow. i generally avoid odi though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread