New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see swing in the screenshots. A tiny bit. Im not able to replicate it though.
There is very very small shape, I might even be seeing it without it being there. I've got Swing up to 100 and I'm bowling with Jimmy Anderson, the best swing bowler in the world on an overcast day. I'd expect to see something more than 'well, maybe there is something...'

I'm not expert on vision or spacial awareness, but the screenshots everyone has posted look misleading. I've looked at hawkeye on my game, they look similar, but from behind the bowler's arm it just looks like the ball going from the bowlers hand to the pitch.

There is very very small shape, I might even be seeing it without it being there. I've got Swing up to 100 and I'm bowling with Jimmy Anderson, the best swing bowler in the world on an overcast day. I'd expect to see something more than 'well, maybe there is something...'

I'm not expert on vision or spacial awareness, but the screenshots everyone has posted look misleading. I've looked at hawkeye on my game, they look similar, but from behind the bowler's arm it just looks like the ball going from the bowlers hand to the pitch.

Just check my video. The "out-swinging" yorker is straight as an arrow. At least in my mind this means that any movement seen is due to seam.

AI last ball smash greatly reduced

AI run rate now fluctuates and not on railes

Competitive AI when chasing and posting.

Mentalities working
Attributes working
Prod Shot removed.

Batting tweaks made.

I’m glad others are appreciated some of the changes ananda enjoying.

If I’m honest even on release I can’t remember that much swing. It always seemed cosmetic and occurred after it passed the batsmen.

Not to say that it’s how it should be, I just don’t ever remember it being THAT different. Especially as it wasn’t even touched!!

Last edited:
Just check my video. The "out-swinging" yorker is straight as an arrow. At least in my mind this means that any movement seen is due to seam.

Ok I can see it’s straight there, but when I select an in swinging Yorker I aim away from the stumps. That to me brings it in. Same the opposite way

So three or four people are shitting on the whole thing and suddenly its all shit? And of course they would have sorted it all out in 5 minutes. Just dont play it then if it such a frustrating experience. Just be miserable at the loss of your “hard earned cash”.

Oh let the flames of gitness engulf me......

is it unreasonable to expect a cricket game that included swing yesterday, to still include it today after "improvements"?

hopefully they can release mini patch to fix framerate issue in night matches on xbox one and stuttering ball motion in night matches.does one x improve these ?

I suppose I welcome the changes to the batting timing window as it’s now a little more realistic (I guess?) but the thought of having to retrain my muscle memory...:noway

Mentalities working
Attributes working
Prod Shot removed.

Batting tweaks made.

If I’m honest even on release I can’t remember that much seam. It always seemed cosmetic and occurred after it passed the batsmen.

Not to say that it’s how it should be, I just don’t ever remember it being THAT different. Especially as it wasn’t even touched!!

I was thinking the issue was with the ball going to the opposite direction to the input selected. But the talks are more about the missing air movement.
Does it mean it is working as intended? Or am I missing something here?

Mentalities working
Attributes working
Prod Shot removed.

Batting tweaks made.

If I’m honest even on release I can’t remember that much seam. It always seemed cosmetic and occurred after it passed the batsmen.

Swing ... Nobody is denying there is seam movement and there have been the gameplay additions we asked for. But to take swing out (or to overlook its inadvertant removal) whatever happened is like saying "here are the improvements you asked for, by the way all the bowlers bowl left handed now as a consequence".

Anyway im done with this game. Either it gets fixed and thats great or it doesnt. No point getting more annoyed than I already am about it, and it ain't going to phase anybody else if im enjoying it or not.

Mentalities working
Attributes working
Prod Shot removed.

Batting tweaks made.

There was definitely less swing in Ashes on release than in DBC17. I've bowled a bunch of swing in DBC17, pre-patch Ashes and now post-patch and I would say without much doubt that swing bowling is currently in the worst shape it's ever been.

Also I think it's been proven pretty comprehensively by now that something doesn't need to be touched to be affected by an update in a Big Ant coded game. ;)

Swing ... Nobody is denying there is seam movement and there have been the gameplay additions we asked for. But to take swing out (or to overlook its inadvertant removal) whatever happened is like saying "here are the improvements you asked for, by the way all the bowlers bowl left handed now as a consequence".

Anyway im done with this game. Either it gets fixed and thats great or it doesnt. No point getting more annoyed than I already am about it, and it ain't going to phase anybody else if im enjoying it or not.

You do realise it doesn’t swing in every game in real life anyway?

There are games where the ball does absolutely nothing. There are never games where the batsmen switch hands and bat left handed.[DOUBLEPOST=1524778334][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys I think the point in swing may have been made....

I think it’s been noted...

I think everyone has got the point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread