New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I just mess around with them! Have a go.
Okay, i will update batsmen total skill as 65 for a team and will test it.
Also i m currently playing batting with pace max 70. I will try to increase it to 80 and test it.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Is it just me or anyone having issues playing the shots to 3rd man. Most of times the shot is not even crossing inner field.
Also when trying to play shots towards square offside for the incoming balls close to offstump, batsman is playing some weird animation like just touching the ball.
Is it happening to anyone else?

Are we pretending that is better than before? seriously? i mean, come on?

i can see changes, sure. improvements? no.

swing has disappeared. the seam movement is absurd.

the timing has changed to be later, sure, but i got no sense of being able to play the movement. so a game i've spent time in learning becomes arbitrarily harder with no discernible benefit.

the only improvement i can possibly see is AI bowling line... maybe.

what an absolute stinker of a patch.

Update is decent, but, for one, the bowling exertion sounds have been turned off, and I want to turn them off, but how to?

Second of all, the field display on the right corner or whatever is called disappears before the bowler even delivers the ball, and normally it stays for the whole time. How do I fix this? And, after the first ball, its completely gone.

Update's been pretty decent I guess, but these things are really making me angry.

p.s I haven't completely read the comments for if there's any solutions for this, and I apologize.

the timing has changed to be later, sure, but i got no sense of being able to play the movement. so a game i've spent time in learning becomes arbitrarily harder with no discernible benefit.

Well weve got mentalities and attributes working. At the expense of swing though. Would I have been willing to make that trade off? First I dont know why it has to be a tradeoff. Second, Im not sure.

Well weve got mentalities and attributes working. At the expense of swing though. Would I have been willing to make that trade off? First I dont know why it has to be a tradeoff. Second, Im not sure.

What if your attribute is high swing and low seam... that aint working is it?

The new patch has made the gameplay solid. I am still getting used to the new timing. But I love the fact that I no longer need to pre-meditate my shots against the quicks. These are some of my observations after playing a T20 and one online match (T10):

1. Seems like back-foot and front-foot shot timings are slightly different.
2. Hitting aerial is very risky. Don't know if it is because I am struggling to time, but I feel aerial shots have probably become too hard?
3. New loading screens - nice touch!
4. There are certainly some changes to fielding animations. It looks much more smooth and realistic. One thing - if you mistime the throw meter, the ball balloons way too high before reaching the person collecting the throw
5. Spinners - anyone else feels they are too over-powered? Especially on dusty, the ball spins way too much and it's difficult to hit a good spin bowler.
6. Spinners - They don't flight the ball as much as pre-patch. The ball comes in a bit quicker than earlier.
7. Found some new things added (correct me if I am wrong and this is not new) - in the Tactics menu, you now have options to change batting order and manage bowlers.
8. Ball bounces much higher on hard surface compared to earlier.
9. Medium pacers are completely useless now (mainly because of the missing swing)
10. Prod shots by AI are gone. Even humans abusing the prod/off-drive (LS at 12 and RS at 4 or 5) which were over-powered are now neutered. Infact that shot has now become completely useless. They went to the other end of the extreme for this shot. There is no reason to have a third-man now for any bowler type since the shot power has been reduced way too much
11. It seems like another shot being abused (flick on the leg-side) has also been neutered
12. Aerial late-cut still goes to mid-off (it must be really difficult to fix this I feel considering it was reported so many times and yet not fixed)
13. Not sure about this but per initial impressions seems like humans can no longer abuse the quick 2 runs being run whenever the ball goes into outfield.
14. Menus - They have done some great optimisation (now the teams/logos load very fast in match selection screens or at other places)
15. Custom player faces and other visuals look much improved (though the logos on uniform still look blurred)
16. Along with swing being gone, even the exaggerate seaming deliveries are neutered. Cutters don't cut like fast spinners now.

For online, the game has become much harder and is no longer a slog-fest (thankfully). I will update this as I play more.

Last edited:
So, as there is no swing I was playing around with the seam to figure out how it works, cause I was baffled in my first attempt, and have found the seam control to be somewhat vexing at the best of times (apart from the magic cutters).

Anyway, a Standard ball goes away from the batsman and a Standard ball with adjusted seam angle goes into the batsman. Simple. BUT, when you bowl from the other end, it is the other way round. I double-checked this by changing the end a bowler was coming from and sure enough it went the other way. It's very confusing.

I've had four run outs in my innings - the two in the video I shared and two where the batsman just stands on the line and does nothing (like the photo I shared).

So, as there is no swing I was playing around with the seam to figure out how it works, cause I was baffled in my first attempt, and have found the seam control to be somewhat vexing at the best of times (apart from the magic cutters).

Anyway, a Standard ball goes away from the batsman and a Standard ball with adjusted seam angle goes into the batsman. Simple. BUT, when you bowl from the other end, it is the other way round. I double-checked this by changing the end a bowler was coming from and sure enough it went the other way. It's very confusing.

I've had four run outs in my innings - the two in the video I shared and two where the batsman just stands on the line and does nothing (like the photo I shared).

I’ve had the run outs too , first ball I faced after new patch , batsman stands there ...boom run out ...

Nope.

You can sugar coat it all you like, and ive no idea how Wealey is getting a bit of swing. Perhaps as he is on the beta there is something different about the build he plays?

Really pissed off about it and I hope someone at BA is rallying around today to look at it. Not holding my breath though. All the more annoying given how great everything else is. Its as funamental as taking out left handed batsmen for mine ...

The problem is the random seam movement (and lack of swing) is so absurd it kind of overshadows everything else. The first game I played yesterday was a flat-deck ODI and it felt great. Then I played a grassy wicket test match and it was just awful.

Today I've been playing a ton of my career mode spinner (so no seam movement) and it's been very good. Lots of nice varied dismissals, able to contain when I bowl well even when not taking wickets, get punished when I bowl gash.

Trouble is we always, always seem to go one step forward and two steps back with these updates. (bat-pad smash anyone?) :facepalm

Last edited:
The problem is the random seam movement (and lack of swing) is so absurd is kind of overshadows everything else. The first game I played yesterday was a flat-deck ODI and it felt great. Then I played a grassy wicket test match and it was just awful.

Today I've been playing a ton of my career mode spinner (so no seam movement) and it's been very good. Lots of nice varied dismissals, able to contain when I bowl well even when not taking wickets, get punished when I bowl gash.

Trouble is we always, always seem to go one step forward and two steps back with these updates. (bat-pad smash anyone?) :facepalm
I got a couple of bat pad smashes which were given lbw. Not sure if you are talking about the same.

I wish they had the opt in beta patch system a la Euro Truck on steam. Its taken us about two and a half hours to work out theres something really amiss here. Now the process has to start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread