New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, the one thing I'm really looking forward to with the release of this patch is the difficulty in batting. I prefer my career player being 30 (63) than 30 (12). Reading posts that say timing is difficult and shots not going far away seem very encouraging.
I love the difficulty so far.

Good to hear. Hopefully with a quick hotfix this patch can be everything it promised to be, and BigAnt can focus on some other key areas for the next patch (limited leaving, graphical issues with the pitch, etc).

Yea it was great you can clearly see the mentalities and attributes are working in full flow even in AI vs AI games. I made a player with brute mentality and he is always vulnerable at the start of the innings almost 50% play n miss or miss time rate., playing wierd attacking slogs and 3/4 times he went early and one in match he absolutely bulldozes the attack once he got settled (after giving multiple chance) he is also a low skilled player

And one other player who I made precise with good footwork attributes , he handled the prodigious movement of the pitch pretty well with very few play and miss and was always looking for singles and doubles he was batting at a S/R of 80 but once he got settled after scoring 20odd from 30 odd balls in a ten over game , he goes blitz and end up scoring 93 not out in a 10 over game.

Just bringing some great news , I played an AI vs AI match on green pristine pitch and my oh my that was one terrific match , continous play and miss , lots of wickets etc but in the end AI do manage to score a handsome total which the 2nd team failed to chase (despite having wickets in hand but they just blocked the last 2 overs when the required run rate was 18rpo)

Apart from anticlimatic finish the whole match was sweet treat to watch. You could sense the attributes are working. The better bowlers from both sides really make the conditions count.

Everyone laughs about me watching too much AI vs AI but you can see the workings of the game without the human factor really well. You can tell when things are balanced or not and know it isnt because of your specific playing style. In the latest build it was absolutely fantastic, apart from the lack of swing of course.

About the blocking when they get to 18RPO required, perhaps it's too high and they sort of give up? That could be something to look at. Hopefully it works in test cricket, when it gets above say 6 an over they just block out for a draw.

Everyone laughs about me watching too much AI vs AI but you can see the workings of the game without the human factor really well. You can tell when things are balanced or not and know it isnt because of your specific playing style. In the latest build it was absolutely fantastic, apart from the lack of swing of course.

About the blocking when they get to 18RPO required, perhaps it's too high and they sort of give up? That could be something to look at. Hopefully it works in test cricket, when it gets above say 6 an over they just block out for a draw.

Well they do had 5 wickets in hand.

Ai is 70 for 3 (10 overs) chasing 300 to win. They are not holding back after losing 3 wickets. I guess batsmans set mentality plays its part

Batsmen still go for a walk after leaving it off a spinner
that happens when you just press the leave button. Try using foot work too(left stick). Footwork + Leave button(I think that's how it happens in cricket). Let us know if it works.

I'd also implore you, as far as bowling mechanics and AI batting are concerned, to change nothing at all apart from the swing.

I can't speak for guys who are concerned about batting, about career, and about stats, but bowling at the AI in this current build is by far the closest to the real thing I've seen before in a cricket game, apart from the ball going straight up and down.

Obviously this is easier said than done. You seem to open a hornet's nest in the game when things are changed.

Glad I slept good through all that...

I know your frustrated and this forum has had a snowball effect.

But this post shows a little recognition of what we have done we the AI.

Hopefully swing can be fixed and your have your game..

For things like batting or too easy and too hard it’s impossible to win.

So many variables and different people playing in different ways. I’d much rather it be tooo hard than too easy.

Hey to be honest I don't totally blame Big Ant, in my opinion the moderation of Planet Cricket has pretty heavily sculpted the narrative of what we're allowed to complain about for months and months. Cynical comment after comment about what little good it does to harp on and repeat ourselves, whilst simultaneously pushing a heavy "how the AI plays" focus to almost the exclusion of all else. It never seemed that the approach to this patch was multi-faceted. They kept saying, get the AI playing a good game is the main thing.

Honestly the membership and consumers should be who the forum is for, but it doesn't seem that way to me.

Ol' Blocker got the chop for a while for not following along.

I've issues with the general moderation but it is unfair to suggest I was banned for criticising BA. I insulted someone (hilariously if somewhat extremely) and paid a price.

I'd also implore you, as far as bowling mechanics and AI batting are concerned, to change nothing at all apart from the swing.

I can't speak for guys who are concerned about batting, about career, and about stats, but bowling at the AI in this current build is by far the closest to the real thing I've seen before in a cricket game, apart from the ball going straight up and down.

Obviously this is easier said than done. You seem to open a hornet's nest in the game when things are changed.

I disagree. The seam is absurd. Swinging the ball one way and having it seam the other way after is extremely rare.

If it was as common as in this patch the Jimmy dismissals Where he bowls 4 overs I'd outswinger then chucks in the inswinger for an lbw wouldn't exist.

@WealeyH to me, that ball looks straight in the air and then movement off the pitch.
It is swinging a little in the air there, but subtle I agree. Interesting that the movement after pitching is also swing though (that isn’t a straight line, it’s not just jagging off the seam).[DOUBLEPOST=1524815175][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just Vet Hard mostly

Pace up to 80...
I tried to increase the max bowling speed and it seemed to have a strange effect on the speed gun where every ball (though noticeably different in speed) was being clocked at 65.5mph.

I've issues with the general moderation but it is unfair to suggest I was banned for criticising BA. I insulted someone (hilariously if somewhat extremely) and paid a price.

Re-reading my post, it did seem to possibly be readable that way, so I apologize for that. I was intending it as a general "not following along" context, which is what I said and meant, but I'm wanting to move on and discuss the patch.

On that subject, really pleased to hear that BA are looking to patch the swing issue. I hope they can precisely target a couple of other minor things while they are at it, such as the now somewhat-over-powered straight drive, the sixes which are probably fair enough being how hard they've become for tests/2 innings games, but need to be a little easier for limited overs and the stats being recorded correctly.

Damme you AI. Just couldn't stop the run fest.. i LOVE this patch . Hell with the swing.

Attachments

• 15248157428991540162567323841638.jpg
    15248157428991540162567323841638.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread