New Q&A With Producer Jamie Firth

Brook

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Going to uni, and the xbox ain't coming with me, so I'm not seeing it til christmas :(

ronaldo7777

PC Journalism Contest Winner
I hope to good they sort out the other run out problem. AI direct hits are far too common. Its a really big problem.

gunner_3sp_glow

School Cricketer
All sounds very good but here are the things that matter IMO...

1) Online quitters
2) Online profile
3) Online leaderboards

I really dont want to keep saying it but....

Is it too much to ask for a player profile page? A still screen with a few numbers on it, like quit percentage, games played, games lost, runs scored, wickets taken.

It might take 30 minutes trawling through various PSN alias' to find an 'honest' player, a player has a low quit percentage, but believe me, I'd rather do that than hammer some lame loser for 30 minutes only for him/her to quit. If we had a profile page, these problems would almost be banished.

Brook

Club Captain
Probably a good idea to punish quitters in some way with this patch. With any luck batting will get more difficult, and people will get even worse totals.

alioz

Club Cricketer
Quitting problem needs to be solved. Come on guys. Online experiance is a major part of any game. Just look at COD, Halo, Any EA sports game etc. you need to address quitting issue. you need to understand that there are people who play with AI and then there are people who never play with AI and just online. Me for example, have never played one single game with AI. not that anything wrong with it but i find it more challening and fun with other people.

Look i understand that you are making an effort to fix problem in this game and we all thank you for that. but online for most of us is very important. Please dont let us down.

P

pcfan123

spot on mate, since I got the game, I have only played the Ashes series and 1 or 2 2020s against the AI, everything else I have played online.

Once again I will reiterate that I think this is the ONLY sports game that does not count wins and losses online.

Bloody ridiculous to overlook something like that.

Everything that is being fixed in the patch is useless to me, because I NEVER play the AI. Why would I play the AI when I have 3 flatmates and a 20 mbps connection.

Gaming is all about online nowadays, get with the program Transmission.

E-N-I-G-M-A

School Cricketer
I actually can understand why no Win/Loss stat... that would encourage a lot more quitting (and the way some quit last ball/wicket you wonder if they even realize it's not being counted lol)

Anyway, if you're gonna bring in a change to include a Win/Loss stat, either make it a personal view only, or offset it with a change so that if someone quits, it counts as a loss to them, win for you (etc) ... I got more detail around some of my ideas in the 'Online Quitters' thread.

In summary, leave the gameplay changes till last, it's fine for most part and same issues effect us all (i.e. all the ingame issues, apart from "Could Not Find" msg, are manageable imo) - focus 100% on the online experience as it is this which separates this from all the other console cricket games and makes this the best to date!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
spot on mate, since I got the game, I have only played the Ashes series and 1 or 2 2020s against the AI, everything else I have played online.

Once again I will reiterate that I think this is the ONLY sports game that does not count wins and losses online.

Bloody ridiculous to overlook something like that.

Everything that is being fixed in the patch is useless to me, because I NEVER play the AI. Why would I play the AI when I have 3 flatmates and a 20 mbps connection.

Gaming is all about online nowadays, get with the program Transmission.

Changing lengths, timing zones and edge physics will certainly impact on multiplayer offline.

P

pcfan123

This will make online a much more interesting game. Will be nice to have England with Harmy Jimmy Flintoff and Broad bowling 90!

D

Dutch

This will make online a much more interesting game. Will be nice to have England with Harmy Jimmy Flintoff and Broad bowling 90!

I agree. I think this patch is going to breathe utter new life into this game and make both online and offline play a joy! :) I think Codies and Transmission are on the right track. We can't expect it to be perfect (even though we do!) but there is a sense of something very firm and playable (no inuendo's please!) coming to fruition.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pcfan123

Make you flog us by even more:sarcasm:p

lol well if you did not run between the wickets like a clown, it wouldve been one of the closest matches ive played in a while.

Hmarka added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

I agree. I think this patch is going to breathe utter new life into this game and make both online and offline play a joy! :) I think Codies and Transmission are on the right track. We can't expect it to be perfect (even though we do!) but there is a sense of something very firm and playable (no inuendo's please!) coming to fruition.

the last time something firm came to fruition ... ah never mind.

I am very excited about the patch now, tired of everyone picking SA or AUS online.

Users who are viewing this thread