New Screenshots (18 June)

not bad but there arms (especially KP's) are very thin. Who is that umpiring?

Both of their bat grips are wrong aswell, with the bottom hand gripping under the bat handle. Its funny how his head is almsot bursting out of the helmet cuz its so big. EDIT - see how his head should be
490402.jpg

Yeah, I think head proportioning is a slight problem.

Is it just me, or on the Australian shirts in particular it looks like there are chest pockets around the Australian logo. Has anyone else thought this?

Nice screenies btw. Lol at the Ponting/Bush comparison!

yea pretty much its just the head... it could be a problem of the helmet being a bit too small compared to the head... so the heads a little smaller and the face grill a little more open could be a solution.... i still think the game looks amazing though

All I care about now is the gameplay. Even if they just took BLC 99's core gameplay and enhanced the graphics, that works.

Please not the BLC 95/97 Arcade Bull **** this time Codemasters.

But wouldn't you expect head proportioning on a nex-gen game like Ashes 09 to at least get head size right. It's not like we see Ronaldinho or Rooney on FIFA 09 with unreal head size.

Last edited:
But wouldn't you expect head proportioning on a nex-gen game like Ashes 09 to at least get head size right. It's not like we see Ronaldinho or Rooney on FIFA 09 with unreal head size.

a hell of a lot more money goes into FIFA or NFL games

But considering theirs a bigger player database within FIFA or NFL, compared to Ashes 09 with only two licensed line ups/teams, you'd think they would at least get that right wouldn't you ?

But considering theirs a bigger player database within FIFA or NFL, compared to Ashes 09 with only two licensed line ups/teams, you'd think they would at least get that right wouldn't you ?

haha yea , i guess it all boils down to how much work the Transmission guys did.

Some of you may say its not a big deal but it would just look daft with players running round with huge heads that barely fit a helmet. Its not that hard to beef up certain players and make them taller etc while making smaller and skinnier players. Even cricket 2004 did this (before EA made all cricketers wench) so I'm sure a 2009 "next-gen" game should be able to achieve such a small feat.

Some of you may say its not a big deal but it would just look daft with players running round with huge heads that barely fit a helmet. Its not that hard to beef up certain players and make them taller etc while making smaller and skinnier players. Even cricket 2004 did this (before EA made all cricketers wench) so I'm sure a 2009 "next-gen" game should be able to achieve such a small feat.

but from the camera you won't even notice it.

Head proportioning isn't just for the licensed players, player models are either universal or there are a few different body types.

There is no excuse for getting physical aspects such as player size/head size right, not with any version; money shouldn't come into it

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

AshesCricket2009_Pietersen2.jpg

When I first look at this image, I though he is M. Vaughn:p

1. The heads are far too big. (Edit: only really noticed this with the KP shot)
2. I don't get why (unpaid) facemakers nearly always do a better job than so-called professionals... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread