Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Now cricket has turned into computers :p

I mean "Hard Drive" and "Mega Bite"

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
cool, like the grip the most, may i ask whats the difference between all 3?

Chimp132

International Cricketer
cool, like the grip the most, may i ask whats the difference between all 3?

thats what i thought, but if u look closely where the stickers are, the dip in the wood is a little less/more in the 3 bats.

they should all have different profiles aswel (when james anderson was batting on monday i saw that the shape of the bat was different to the old woodoworms)

@barmyarmy - i prefured the old woodworms aswel but they must have wanted to rake some more money in so someone just said thats kive kevin pietersen and flintoff some new stickers to put on their bats, which obviously has worked because now alot of people want the bat lol

Last edited:

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I preferred the look of the old range to be honest.

Same. The Torch and the Flame looked much better than these three. These bats seem covered in stickers. The older versions looked like you could see more wood in the bat.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Three horrible bats :mad: Old ones were much more attractive :(

dikon

Club Cricketer
thats what i thought, but if u look closely where the stickers are, the dip in the wood is a little less/more in the 3 bats.

they should all have different profiles aswel (when james anderson was batting on monday i saw that the shape of the bat was different to the old woodoworms)

@barmyarmy - i prefured the old woodworms aswel but they must have wanted to rake some more money in so someone just said thats kive kevin pietersen and flintoff some new stickers to put on their bats, which obviously has worked because now alot of people want the bat lol

The players don't actually use the bats Woodworm sell you know.....

Kookaburra looks the best so far in my opinion Slazenger isn't bad either.

Chimp132

International Cricketer
The players don't actually use the bats Woodworm sell you know.....
Kookaburra looks the best so far in my opinion Slazenger isn't bad either.

well thats obvious int it.

dikon

Club Cricketer
well thats obvious int it.

Well you said that James Anderson's bat had a different profile highly unlikely unless he's just totally decided to change his specs which not many international players do.And why's it obvious?The average cricket fan would think that the players actually use the bats woodworm sell from the shop.

Chimp132

International Cricketer
Well you said that James Anderson's bat had a different profile highly unlikely unless he's just totally decided to change his specs which not many international players do.And why's it obvious?The average cricket fan would think that the players actually use the bats woodworm sell from the shop.

what i ment was that the 08 bats look asif they are going to be different shapes to the 07 bats...

well its obvious to me because i have a few mates that play for county teams and they have their bats/pads made differently to items off the shelf, so international players obviously do aswel.

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
I'll tell you for free that except for some extra padding, pads are the same as you would buy off the shelf. This is true of all kit except for bats. Granted they'll use top range leathers and other materials but there isn't a true 'professional class' and 'punter class'.

When a player signs up for a bat deal it means that he's signed up to use the stickers and promote the brand. Depending on the contract he may be able to use a bat with a different profile but generally speaking he has to use something which has a similar shape.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Pietersen uses a bat made by Woodworm though. Obviously it wont be the same as one sold in a shop but very close to it. I've seen a video on the WW site of the owner of woodworm showing a few bats from the factory that are going to be used by KP. His bat was designed by him and the Woodworm team to give him exactly what he wanted from a bat. It will obviously be of higher quality willow and probably have bigger edges compared with the retail ones.

I personally prefer the new bats, i thought apart from the Torch that the old WW bats were quite gareish and ugly. I much prefer the darker look of the new bats, especially the Hard Drive. I'll probably go and look at a HD when they are released and will either get one of them or a Puma Ballistic Green. I am a fan of the new WW bats.

Users who are viewing this thread