New years resolution 2010

How about learning to spell narcissism ;)?

I guess that always helps :p, in all honesty though, my new year resolution is to put on some muscle and get fitter, and make it into the Swiss Under 17 National side.

Party like last night every night. be happy!!

oh and if possible... nah nvm..lets keep it clean :D

I was going to say 'get into an accredited drama school', but that's not really in my control (there are so many factors as to whether or not someone gets in, everything from talent to whether they've already got enough people of your 'type' in that current intake), so I don't think I can count that as a resolution.

However, that's my No.1 intention for 2010 and I feel that I have the best chance I've had so far, as my preparation has been miles better and I have been taking lessons with a very well known teacher. Plus, my speeches are really fun - they range from a soldier on a battlefield in the Wars of the Roses, to Lucifer himself!! :D

I was going to say 'get into an accredited drama school', but that's not really in my control (there are so many factors as to whether or not someone gets in, everything from talent to whether they've already got enough people of your 'type' in that current intake), so I don't think I can count that as a resolution.

However, that's my No.1 intention for 2010 and I feel that I have the best chance I've had so far, as my preparation has been miles better and I have been taking lessons with a very well known teacher. Plus, my speeches are really fun - they range from a soldier on a battlefield in the Wars of the Roses, to Lucifer himself!! :D

See if you can get that in there!

Not normally one for New Years Resolutions, but I've got one for this year. I'd like to punch a few people in the face, get hit in the face a bit, learn some sick submissions, get in the gym and work hard; maybe even go to a live UFC event as well. That's my main Resolution, start learning the MMA game seriously, instead of just watching it. <3 the sport.

MMA = two sweaty guys in underwear dry humping for 20 minutes. Sure its not gay

:laugh If you're so insecure with your sexuality that you can't even watch or compete in a sport in fear of being dubbed gay then I feel bad for you; must really limit the number of sports you actually enjoy, as I'm sure you could twist most sports into something gay if you were that bothered.

Mixed Martial Arts the greatest sport in the world as far as I'm concerned. The sheer amount of disciplines you have to learn to get to the top of the sport is incredible. You've got guys training in Boxing, Muay Thai, Jiu-Jitsu, Karate, Wrestling, Judo, Kickboxing, etc etc etc. The conditioning of many of the top athletes is as good as any sportsmen in the world, the stuff they put their bodies through in a training camp is unmatched by any sport. The fighters and guys within the sport are the most approachable athletes in the world too, just check Dana White's Video Blog's for proof of that. Such an amazing sport, I thought I was obsessed by cricket, but MMA's just taken over even that, I love it.

What's wrong with being in underwear and wrestling with another man? That was how I distracted the batsman when I kept wicket.

:laugh True dat. For a "sport" that's suppose to be brutal nothing really ever happens. I was expecting to see some teeth knocked out, broken bones etc and in the clips I've ever seen you just see two guys dance around each other before someone kicks the other guy in the arse (which is hardly fighting tbh).

You can see why it's taken of in the US though, it's just two brainless morons going after each other with little apparent technique involved (unlike say boxing).

:laugh True dat. For a "sport" that's suppose to be brutal nothing really ever happens. I was expecting to see some teeth knocked out, broken bones etc and in the clips I've ever seen you just see two guys dance around each other before someone kicks the other guy in the arse (which is hardly fighting tbh).

You can see why it's taken of in the US though, it's just two brainless morons going after each other with little apparent technique involved (unlike say boxing).

:laugh Such uneducated bullshit, I've never seen a fight go like that, so I'd go back and actually watch those 'clips' again if I was you, as that was a load of old toss. There's far more 'apparent technique' involved in MMA than in Boxing. If you honestly don't think there is any technique required in Jiu Jitsu or Muay Thai or Wrestling or Karate then you don't know what you're talking about. Go grapple with a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt and come back to me. A pure boxer wouldn't last 2 rounds against an MMA fighter without some hardcore wrestling and jiu jitsu training. The boxer would only have punchers chance, and any respecting MMA fighter would just take him down and have him tapping out in no time.

The brutality of MMA is mainly hyped up by similarly uneducated journalists that still believe MMA is 'Human Cockfighting'. It really isn't that brutal, sure, it's a combat sport, but if you're expecting to see teeth knocked out and bones broken on a regular basis then you're confusing it with bare-knuckle street thugs fighting out in an alley way. It's really no more brutal than Boxing, and the fact there's never been a death or serious injury in the UFC proves that.

The mainstream perception of MMA is still so far off what it actually is. If you actually bothered to do some research before spouting this drivel you'd know that. The 'brainless morons' comment is the ultimate in irony, considering some of the drivel spouted in that post. The Mixed Martial Artists at the top of the game are generally well educated and respectful blokes, sure there are exceptions, but you'll get that with every sport. Guys like Rich Franklin, Randy Couture, Carlos Newton, Georges St-Pierre, Rashad Evans, Kenny Florian and Stephan Bonnar are all genuinely intelligent and respectful guys. The good guys in MMA easily outweigh the douchebags like Junie Browning and Jon Koppenhaver.

Don't honestly know why I'm rising to it tbh, guess it just riles me reading stuff that's so clearly incorrect to anyone that knows anything about the sport. It's fair enough people not liking the sport if they actually know what they're talking about, and have done a bit of research. But watching 1, maybe 2 fights (and clearly not even watching them closely given the stuff mentioned) and then spouting idiocy like that annoys me. You're just so wrong on every level. Don't honestly have a problem with the gay stuff, as that's just insecurity, but your post is just drivel.

Last edited:
:laugh Such uneducated bullshit, I've never seen a fight go like that, so I'd go back and actually watch those 'clips' again if I was you, as that was a load of old toss. There's far more 'apparent technique' involved in MMA than in Boxing. If you honestly don't think there is any technique required in Jiu Jitsu or Muay Thai or Wrestling or Karate then you don't know what you're talking about. A pure boxer wouldn't last 2 rounds against an MMA fighter without some hardcore wrestling and jiu jitsu training. The boxer would only have punchers chance, and any respecting MMA fighter would just take him down and have him tapping out in no time

The brutality of MMA is mainly hyped up by similarly uneducated journalists that still believe MMA is 'Human Cockfighting'. It really isn't that brutal, sure, it's a combat sport, but if you're expecting to see teeth knocked out and bones broken on a regular basis then you're confusing it with bare-knuckle street thugs fighting out in an alley way. It's really no more brutal than Boxing, and the fact there's never been a death or serious injury in the UFC proves that.

The mainstream perception of MMA is still so far off what it actually is. If you actually bothered to do some research before spouting this drivel you'd know that. The 'brainless morons' comment is the ultimate in irony, considering some of the drivel spouted in that post. The Mixed Martial Artists at the top of the game are generally well educated and respectful blokes, sure there are exceptions, but you'll get that with every sport. Guys like Rich Franklin, Randy Couture, Carlos Newton, Georges St-Pierre, Rashad Evans, Kenny Florian and Stephan Bonnar are all genuinely intelligent and respectful guys. The good guys in MMA easily outweigh the douchebags like Junie Browning and Jon Koppenhaver.

Don't honestly know why I'm rising to it tbh, guess it just riles me reading stuff that's so clearly incorrect to anyone that knows anything about the sport. It's fair enough people not liking the sport if they actually know what they're talking about, and have done a bit of research. But watching 1, maybe 2 fights (and clearly not even watching them closely given the stuff mentioned) and then spouting idiocy like that annoys me. You're just so wrong on every level. Don't honestly have a problem with the gay stuff, as that's just insecurity, but your post is just drivel.

Boring. So what if you have perfected some ?art? of ground fighting. I want to see men go toe to toe and punch for punch instead of watching some guy get bored into submission because another man is able to keep him from getting up off the ground.

And by the way, just because I find MMA boring doesn't mean I don't understand it.

and its still gay.

Its for angry teenage boys going into puberty to prove to the girls that their dicks work. Human cockfighting for the dredges of society.

Users who are viewing this thread