New Zealand Domestic Season

On todays game, I thought ND were pretty good. The batting fell away at the end kind of but the bowling (for the most part) and the fielding was excellent.
Watching the replay now.... Watling batted awesome. Hes such a brilliant batsman. Love his paddle sweeps over fine leg

Yea I'm watching it again now hahaha.

Thinking about writing something to sky tommorow about the lack of games being shown on tv this year. IMO we should be getting close to all of the games (20/20) shown live. Doubt it will do much but you never know, maybe next year will be different.

Winner: Central Districts
Runner-Up: Northern Districts
Most Runs: Probably Ross Taylor, but I'm going to guess at Ravi Bopara or Shannon Stewart
Most Wickets: Ewen Thompson
Worst team: Wellington
Flop: Owais Shah

Howsie on CricketWeb said:
Winner: Northern Districts
Runner-up: Canterbury
Top Run Scorer: Peter McGlashan
Top Wicket Taker: Daniel Vettori
Worst Team: Central Districts
Flop: Owais Shah

Interesting to say the least.

Birds to dominate tomorrow.

:laugh

Don't take what I say on CW seriously haha, I'm really biased towards ND and always try and talk down CD whenever I have the chance. I don't think I've posted anything on there in awhile without being serious.

ICL returnees, 26 Pakistan players register for IPL auction | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2010 | Cricinfo.com

New Zealand: Shane Bond, Ian Butler, Chris Cairns, Brendon Diamanti, Grant Elliott, Martin Guptill, Nathan McCullum, Daryl Tuffey, Lou Vincent.

I know this really isn't New Zealand domestic cricket, but it is interesting. Shane Bond's most likely going to get picked up, Martin Guptill would have a pretty good chance also. Wouldn't be surprised to see Brendon McCullum's team pick up his brother either. I have no idea why Elliott, Diamanti and Butler would even bother though and WTF at Chris Cairns, is he even playing anywhere at the moment?

Some surprises on that list for sure.

Would of thought someone like O'Brien would of tried to get into it, no Franklin is a bit of a surprise he made the short list last year. Maybe he wants to focus on making the blackcaps team instead guess he also has a county contract.

Bond will get picked up for sure and probably Guptill as well can't see any of the others making it.

Last edited:
:laugh at Cairnsy. WTF is he doing, lol. Shane Bond and Martin Guptill should find a team but probably not the rest.
If there's going to be less than 17 spots I dont think anyone else has a chane, unless Brendon puts in a good word for his bro :laugh

-D-S-B- added 2 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Thinking about writing something to sky tommorow about the lack of games being shown on tv this year. IMO we should be getting close to all of the games (20/20) shown live. Doubt it will do much but you never know, maybe next year will be different.
Could it be to do with lack of equipment? because I think no games from the uni oval are televised. But isnt most of the equipment made in Dunedin anyway? Anyway it would be good to get all 20/20 games on sky next year, and maybe a few OD games

This is going to be a big chase. :facepalm
I think so... Taylor, Sinclair, Oram, Napier, Noema-Barnett all big hitters still to come. And especially if patel goes for 18 an over

████ Central have a mean team!

Edit: Barnett bumped up for some big hitting I think, Taylor should be in next, and Oram will probably be the finisher

Last edited:
Wow 10 an over so far. This was always going to be Wellingtons problem though, I wonder what will happen when Taylor gets out there.

I've always rated Noema-Barnetts hitting since I watched him play for the volts. He tried one time too many though.

Expecting Ross Taylor to do some damage here, he's been in great form as of late (in 20/20 cricket). CD have slowed up a touch though.

It is a very small ground so CD will want around 200, 180 wouldn't be entirely safe.

Bloody hell!

Wellington need a wicket or two, right now.

nz0003 added 0 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Is this on tv?

Users who are viewing this thread