New Zealand Domestic Season

Watling and Vettori aside, ND batting is a bit woeful.

Shane Bond will be picked up 100%

Martin Guptill has a good chance based off ODI form.

Ian Butler and Brendon Diamanti dream on

Grant Elliott, Nathan McCullum, Daryl Tuffey, Lou Vincent possible, but odds are they'll go for small amounts and won't really play a game or won't get picked.

Chris Cairns. Weird. Depends on his fitness maybe. Should really be playing for Canterbury if he wants in. Surprised McMilllan isn't enrolled. There's no denying that he's one hell of a player. Fitness is the issue as he's not played in a while.

irottev added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

That was a long hop. Maybe stayed a tad low, but those Marshalls. They're good to begin with but they gradually become pretty useless.

ND collapsing here.
Lol, at Neil Broom getting a wicket.

Lol, at Neil Broom getting a wicket.
2 wickets now;)
ND can still make a competitive total, because the pitch will be even slower for the volts. Vettori will have to bowl very well to defend whatever they make.
So many shots that were 2 yesterday have been cut to 1s today

This total is defendable on this pitch, with these bowlers

Southee you beauty. ND have the best bowling easily IMO. Great stuff. They have so many options.

irottev added 16 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Terrible decisions like that ruin cricket games.

McCullum always gets the dirty ones :crying

Good all-round performance from Otago. They bowled and fielded exremely well. Especially Nathan McCullum, Nick Beard, and Neil Broom.
Nathan McCullum basically just saw the game home with Butler after Baz gave them a good start.
I hope to see more ;)

Watling and Vettori aside, ND batting is a bit woeful.

Our batting order is just muddled IMO. Kane Williamson shouldn't be batting at eight for starters, he's ND's best batsmen (well better then Marshall and Deviech anyway). He should be at three. Parlane should come in for Deviech and bat at four. I'd like to see:

1.Watling
2.Vettori
3.Williamson
4.Parlane
5.McGlashan
6.Flynn
7.Yovich

Something like that.

And you guys have the best overseas player Dilshan coming.
I think McGlashan should be down at 6/7, I feel he would be better in the closing overs.
You guys have lots of workers of the ball, Marshall, Flynn, Williamson, Watling.
I don't know too much about Devcich and Parlane.

I've not seen much of Anton Devcich tbf, but he doesn't strike me as the type of player capable of hitting six after six. Parlane can, he's a very capable hitter. The problem with our line-up is that Marshall, Flynn and Williamson like you said are all workers of the ball. Flynn and Williamson can hit a long ball once in tbf to them, but how is Williamson going to get set coming in at eight?

McGlashan, Yovich, Southee and Martin should play from 6 down IMO, with Flynn, Parlane and Williamson making up the 3-6.

Van Wyk has lost the captaincy and Fulton will captain Canterbury now. Sounds like it's so Van Wyk can focus on his batting and keeping. He qualifies for NZ selection in September, not that far away really and he really wants to play International cricket. There's no doubt at all that he's second to Brendon McCullum but it will be good to have some pressure on him. He's way better than Hopkins, Young, McGlashan etc. If McCullum ever gets injured and maybe even in the T20s he'd be worth playing along-side because he scores his runs pretty quickly.

I didn't realise there was a game today.
Our former player Rob Nicol owned us up, scoring a 50 and taking two for 19 off four overs.
Bopara showed some form, but he really should be scoring more than 55 off 44 balls.
van Wyk hit a six in the last over, to win it.

Bopara actually done quite well, he came in when wickets were falling regularly and he steadied the innings. His strike rate was under 100 for a while but once he steadied the innings and got a decent partnership, he accellerated and gave Auckland a slim chance.

I see Martin Guptill didn't play, does anyone know how bad his injury is?

Bopara actually done quite well, he came in when wickets were falling regularly and he steadied the innings. His strike rate was under 100 for a while but once he steadied the innings and got a decent partnership, he accellerated and gave Auckland a slim chance.

Ok, I didn't really look at the stages of the game, more or less just scanned the scorecard.

I see Martin Guptill didn't play, does anyone know how bad his injury is?

No, but I hope it's not bad.
He would be a huge loss to Auckland, and New Zealand.

Users who are viewing this thread