New Zealand in South Africa

Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
Well our Sky Coverage starts at 5 to 8. I presume the first ball is at 8, so. from when i posted, that was 2.5 hours.

well if its a typical south african wicket at cape town i would bat first get the runs on the board while the pitch is in a good condition

From what I've heard the pitch should take early movement and then dry out for the spinners. I would probably bowl first to exploit that movement and see if you can get the opposition out cheaply.

aussie1st said:
From what I've heard the pitch should take early movement and then dry out for the spinners. I would probably bowl first to exploit that movement and see if you can get the opposition out cheaply.
I totally agree, especially if SA wins tha toss. NZ on the other hand might play 2 spinners. So for them it could go either way.

irottev said:
You did make a stupid statement. So I will make one back. That guy with the beard can't possibly be any good. He looks ridiculas.

You don't call Bond's figures 'that brilliant'? You do realise this is New Zealand. We don't have McGraths, Gillespies, Lees, Warnes, etc. we don't have very good bowlers.

Bond didn't have his best ODI series against you. Possibly his worst ever and he still took wickets. He is a much better test bowler.

Dude... that guy with the beard will make headlines one day...believe me.

And as for looking ridiculous (this is how it is spelt), he is Indian, so that should explain it.

genghis_khan said:
did the Australian test match in Cape Town start earlier or something?...because i dont remember that test starting in 2.5 hrs from now?...gk confused =S

Yeah, they generally started around 7 p.m Sydney Time during the recent AUS v SA Test Series, but I suppose the location today is different, hence a different timezone....? Or maybe they're opting for an earlier start to avoid bad light threats.....

Its a blow, but Pollock hasn't been in the best form lately really. So it could be a good thing in a way.

Also match has been delayed for half an hour due to the pitch being too damp. Toss to take place in a few minutes.

NZ have dropped Mills, gotta feel for the guy as hes been improving every match. NZ went in with the 2 spinners.
SA won the toss so the new NZ openers will be really tested out here.

venom2011 said:
Dude... that guy with the beard will make headlines one day...believe me.

And as for looking ridiculous (this is how it is spelt), he is Indian, so that should explain it.
Hashim Amla? He's South African, not Indian.

Amla is South African yes...but is of Indian descent?

Indians make up a fair proportion of South Africa's ethnic population dont they?

Papps is going just fine though. Scored 2 sets of 3 runs. At least it's been a good start thus far. If NZ can survive the opening overs they will be rewarded later on.

Users who are viewing this thread