Who will win the 5 match ODI series?

• South Africa

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 22 42.3%

• Total voters
James219 said:
"As always", I'm sure you mean once a year :p

I am starting to get sick of know-it-alls making stupid comments like that. Bond has only missed one test this year.

But you got to admit that Bond is injured most of the times. He's even more injury prone than Shoaib Akhtar :p

irottev said:
I am starting to get sick of know-it-alls making stupid comments like that. Bond has only missed one test this year.

I disagree. Other then those back problems hes had hardly any injury. A few hamstrings mabee. Viruses arn't injuries as far as I am concerned.

As I said, he has missed one test this year. One whole test.

Yeah, don't take it to heart, he's a fantastic player and has played every test scheduled of late except one, of which he fell ill for, has shown great character in bouncing back, etc, but it was simply a comment demonstrating how he's very injury prone and pointing out that he isn't leading the attack 'as always', because the support are often given that role in his absence...

I am not. I hate people making comments which are over exaggerated. Whatever its about.

Yeah, fair enough, not that you're one to talk though, I mean, Gillespie's been selected for the Tour of Bangladesh as a double replacement, your response/reaction was also very over exagerrated, so we're even.....

Makhaya Ntini is also a star.

Easily top 3 best fast bowlers in World Cricket.

Last 15 tests he has taken 75 wickets and last 5 tests V Australia has averaged 24.

A star.

How was it over exagerrated? What part was over exagerrated? Your starting to make me angry.

When someone says he plays once a year when he has played all but one test this year, I have to let that person know that they are full of ****.

But anyway, can we put this to sleep. The tour has now officially started.

http://nz.cricinfo.com/db/NEW/LIVE/frames/NZ_REST-RSA_07-10APR2006.html

no info yet, but I will be keen to see how well we do. Its a decent rest-of side considering the majority have played for South Africa.

Last edited:
These are the squads for tonights game, Rest of South Africa v New Zealand.

Rest of South Africa team: (from)
*ND McKenzie, SC Cook, AN Petersen, DJ Jacobs, JP Duminy,
JL Ontong, +TL Tsolekile, RK Kleinveldt, RJ Peterson,
GJP Kruger, M Zondeki, VB van Jaarsveld.

New Zealand team: (from)
*SP Fleming, DL Vettori, NJ Astle, SE Bond, PG Fulton,
JEC Franklin, JM How, +BB McCullum, HJH Marshall, CS Martin,
KD Mills, JDP Oram, MHW Papps, JS Patel, SB Styris.

Click Here for Live Scores

Last edited by a moderator:
Match State: Delay - Day 1 - Technical Problems

????? Whats up with that. LOL.

irottev said:
How was it over exagerrated? What part was over exagerrated? Your starting to make me angry.

When someone says he plays once a year when he has played all but one test this year, I have to let that person know that they are full of ****.

But anyway, can we put this to sleep. The tour has now officially started.

http://nz.cricinfo.com/db/NEW/LIVE/frames/NZ_REST-RSA_07-10APR2006.html

no info yet, but I will be keen to see how well we do. Its a decent rest-of side considering the majority have played for South Africa.

Ok, sorry, it was a stupid joke, don't worry about it.

Anyway, interesting tour approaching, has there been any news on Smith's fitness by the way? He'll be dying to prove himself against Bond, and even his support as Martin and Franklin have both been in good touch lately, (although I haven't actually seen them for a while) and dismiss the attitude of him not having the ability to overcome quality pace bowling, so it'll be a great opportunity and a testing battle. He'll obviously be the central link of guidance for the Africans, so his performances will be vital to the team morale. Gibbs will have to find some sort of solution to his troubles and loose technique, and SA could do with a few middle order contemplations as well, their current combination hasn't been setting the world on fire for quite a while.

Smith has certainly had his ups and downs this year. Its important for South Africa that he plays, any side losing their captain is a big blow. I hope he is fit. I wanna see full strength on full strength.

Is the technical error one with cricinfo or one for the ground? Could there be a powercut or something?

is it true that Chris Martin is the last true remaining no.11 batting bunny left on earth???

quite sad really.

Users who are viewing this thread