New Zealand Sri Lanka Twenty20 Series in USA

Damn those controlling New Zealanders, they are out to control world cricket.
Good on them for backing USA cricket.

Yea they are amazing and we owe them a massive debt. Even besides this series they have sent coaches over for our u-19 guys and invited them to the national academy in NZ.

I had a chat with Justin Vaughn, he seemed very excited about another series very soon.

Lol I talked to those girls and I am pretty sure that they were strippers. They told me they were "professional dancers" :p

And you can be sure that since they are strippers, they are also hookers. That's how the game works.

Do you guys have anything other than girls to talk about.

It's far superior to forcing women to wear a burqa, as what happens in your country, and which is a shameful and wicked thing to do :mad:

Yea they are amazing and we owe them a massive debt. Even besides this series they have sent coaches over for our u-19 guys and invited them to the national academy in NZ.

I had a chat with Justin Vaughn, he seemed very excited about another series very soon.

The NZ team went to visit the Florida Marlins baseball team. I watched a newsclip about it. Awesome stuff when you see cricket and baseball share stories and have some fun practicing each others' games :yes

The Marlins thing is old news, that was set up through the USACA CEO Don Lockerbie who has contacts with the Marlins.

Oram and Vettori threw the 1st pitch, a couple of kiwis showed the Marlins how to catch without a glove and some of the guys had a hit in the cages.

There is loads of video on it, at the hotel Oram was always wearing Marlins jerseys and caps.

hMarka added 7 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

BTW more people came to each NZ match than to the average Marlins game. Marlins are lucky if they get 5000 people a game, we had 6500-8000 for each match

Wow, this looks like an awesome experience Mark. Some great pictures there!

I'm coming down to Florida in the summer for a week or two - pity there's no international cricket then. :(

Mate, I watched the games and I know what I saw. I saw the same pitch and the same crap, which cannot be changed from crap to normal overnight. Do you know anything about preparing a cricket wicket? Have you ever helped out in preparing an international pitch? I have, and I know what I'm talking about.
The same low bounce that was evident in the first game was definitely nonexistant at the time I made that post, so don't give me this crap.

I may not have helped form an international pitch, but I definitely have helped out at the club level, and from what I saw, up to that point, the pitch had been worked on, and it seemed to play alot better.

Too bad the Kiwi batsmen were too crap to play those first 2-3 overs; there was nothing wrong with the pitch, only the crap batsmen.

Nice pictures Mark, but now videos :p :banana2

The Pearls Cup Reads Lewd On TV

2.jpg

3.jpg

this series didn't live up too expectations by all of us really. Due to the pitch and the players. It's a shame that there weren't any high scores.

riz7khan12 said:
this series didn't live up too expectations by all of us really. Due to the pitch and the players. It's a shame that there weren't any high scores.

It has set the ball rolling though. Now cricket in USA will at least get some much needed international exposure. Like Mark has already stated, the officials out there have plans to call India and West Indies in the near future to play tournaments like these and promote cricket in their country. If this trend continues, I see no reason why cricket won't be popularized in USA within a short time. But yeah, they surely need to better their cricketing infrastructure to get the maximum out of such games.

Cricket is popular in the US, (2nd most followed) just not among the pure Americans. Those guys dont like soccer either.

'football' :P

I much prefer calling it soccer though too :)

Uh no, no Pakistan and I hope we never invite them.

No offence to Pakistanis here but we are not exactly your biggest fans. You really want to grow cricket amongst real Americans? Then keep the Pakistan team as far away from here as you can./

Ok so I put all the video I had into one file.

Nothing special but nice drive up view of the stadium at the end

youtube really butchered the quality, looks a lot better on my computer

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread