Story New Zealand V England Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Battles​

Shane Bond vs. Kevin Pietersen

bond1234.jpg
k.jpg

Bond has had an excellent start to cricket but has been hampered with injury throughout most of his career. His memorable bowling has been against Australia in the world cup 2003 and the VB Series 2001. Pietersen has made a tremendous batting start to his test match career with an average of 44.93 with to centuries against Australia and Pakistan.

Advantage: Pietersen: will not let bowlers settle and will have an aggressive content

Michael Vaughan vs. Stephen Fleming​

va.jpg
flemin.jpg

Both captains are regarded as the top cricket captains in international cricket. Vaughan guided England to an ashes series win last summer, whereas Fleming has found out new techniques and plans on how to get batman out most famously his Damien Martyn Theory.

Advantage: Fleming: the New Zealander has performed consistently with the captains arm band in the last couple of years and will have home advantage for his new plans.

Andrew Flintoff vs. Nathan Astle

flin.jpg
astel.jpg

Flintoff has matured in recent years from being a slogger to an innings builder evidence of this was his 1st test century vs. Australia. His effective reverse swing bowling will pay dividends in New Zealand pitches. Astle also has aggressive batting content he hit the fastest double century vs. England in 2002

Advantage: Flintoff with his consistency with the ball and his aggressive batting nature

looking good , + i will try make your sig even better.
:)

:cheers
Usy

Freddie vs. Astle seems a bit unfair, Astle doesn't bowl that much. Freddie vs. Vettori/Oram seems more suitable, and Astle vs. Threscothik...

Preview

New Zealand v England 1st Preview

New Zealand Probable:

JDP Oram, L Vincent, HJH Marshall, SP Fleming (Capt), NJ Astle, SB Styris, BB McCullum, DL Vettori, KD Mills, SE Bond, CS Martin, 12th Man A Adams

England Probable:

Michael Vaughan (Capt), Ian Bell, Andrew Flintoff, Ashley Giles, Stephen Harmison, Matthew Hoggard, Geraint Jones, Simon Jones, Kevin Pietersen, Andrew Strauss, Marcus Trescothick, 12th Man James Anderson

England are likely to be a fully strength side and name the same squad that won the ashes against Australia. Ashley Giles and Michael Vaughan both passed fitness test and are 100% fit.

England will now be looking to win Against New Zealand in the test series to improve their away record and they will definitely look to win after losing the last series against Pakistan

New Zealand are likely to set out a strong squad against England mainly with all-rounders. This will be England?s first encounter with the highly rated fast bowler bond. New Zealand really should be no match for England but with home advantage the kiwis may have a say.

Cricket Pitch

16pitch2.jpg

The Auckland Pitch is a typical New Zealand wicket it will provide pace, bounce, swing and seam for the quick bowlers. The pitch should favour bowlers on day 1 and then even out for a good batting wicket and then suit bowlers again for day 4 & 5

lovely build up and great to see you back. im going for the kiwis here (i just cant stand any team that beats australia). welcome back mate

MWaugh said:
lovely build up and great to see you back. im going for the kiwis here (i just cant stand any team that beats australia). welcome back mate

thanks mate

MWaugh said:
You Aussies need to learn from us Indians to be graceful in defeat. We do that quite often, you know!:D

Machanperu Bala said:
You Aussies need to learn from us Indians to be graceful in defeat. We do that quite often, you know!:D
lol, what makes you say that? 6-1, 2-0 wins over Sri Lanka...when was the last time India actually lost a series?

Anyways, I think those head2head battles are amazing. Agree on Kev and Fleming, but I think it would better if we had Astle vs Strauss and Freddie vs Oram/Styris. Vincent v Trescothick would also be close, though I would pick the former.

m_vaughan said:
lol, what makes you say that? 6-1, 2-0 wins over Sri Lanka...when was the last time India actually lost a series?

Anyways, I think those head2head battles are amazing. Agree on Kev and Fleming, but I think it would better if we had Astle vs Strauss and Freddie vs Oram/Styris. Vincent v Trescothick would also be close, though I would pick the former.

yes i agree with you, i dont know how i was thinking when i did the head-head battles :p

ill change them for the 2nd test

Vincent vs. Strauss, Astle vs. Tresco.

Now, 3 pages are up with the buildup. Let the games begin :cool:

England Win Toss

England Win the Toss

tos.jpg

Michael Vaughan elects to bat

New Zealand Line up:

nzl.jpg

England Line up:

e.jpg

England make Good Start

England Make Positive Start

Trescothick looked shakey early on but then found the middle of his bat both openers going well

23/0

st.jpg

tco.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread