New Zealand vs Sri Lanka - ODIs

Hopefully Styris performs with bat and ball given Styris is awesome in NZ with his bowling. Took a punt on How who might be replaced by Fleming in the 2nd ODI.

New Zealand Cricket has announced the team for The National Bank series match against Sri Lanka at the Queenstown Events Centre tomorrow.

New Zealand:- Daniel Vettori (capt), Nathan Astle, Shane Bond, Chris Cairns, Peter Fulton, Jamie How , Hamish Marshall, Brendon McCullum (wk), Kyle Mills, Jacob Oram, Scott Styris, Lou Vincent.

Good to see some new players in the Team. Who will be the Super Sub ?

Is something wrong with NZ cricket or Cricinfo.com as they earlier said Nathan Astle is dropped and then the next day he is present in the squad. :confused:

there is some prob in editing the team, i got fleming in the team and he is not playing, so i have to edit my team.

akira2291 said:
a registered team cant be edited anymore. its a bug in FC.

i know its a bug, i was just trying may be this time i can edit my team. but this bug really have to be fixed and substitute players too it also has some bugs.

Didn't know Astle is back. And can't check it on cricinfo, since I can't enter it. It gets stuck on the homepage.

I think adding him now would be unfair to the rest. From the other hand they have a choice to enter late, so he still could be added.

If Astle did not perform in 1 ODI then surely he is out of the team, if its the other way then its not good for Sri Lanka as he is deadly dangerous in form.

Interesting that Aussie1st also chose Styris as captain. I chose four Sri Lankans in my team, but as the score is now 34-3, that could turn out bad for me.

Many people have got 5 Batsmen instead of 4 Bowlers. In my opinion it is the bowlers who will decide these odis as it will be the case perhaps in this 1st one. Lets see......

I have Oram and Bond, but no Mills. They all took three wickets. The standings after the first update will be close after such a low score Sri Lanka made. And New Zealand doesn't have much to chase.

siddharth2002 said:
Not yet mate, I've betted on NZ win in the first ODI:cool: . So lets just hope I cross the 10,000 mark:upray

You've won! To be honest when I saw your message, I put some money in vBookie too. So thank for me reminding. Now I wished I had put some more money in.

You've won 2840 and I myself 1371 in cash. :cheers

Last edited:
My picks came in pretty good really. I didn't have Oram. Had he been in the All-Rounders section where he perhaps should of been I could of picked him.

I had a hunch about Fulton so I took him and bonused him. Its already paid off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread