New Zealand

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Jacob oram should play as a bowler.he should bowl 4 overs and may be bat after franklin.how about opening the batting with franklin and mccullum and playing mcglashan instead of redmond? Franklin is a good striker of the cricket ball.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oram wouldn't be good enough to play as a bowler alone.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
No.i think you are very disappointed with him.he can hit the block hole consistently and mix the pace up as well. He was,is and will never be a good batsman.i can't believe he even thought of giving up bowling as if that happens,he wont find a place even in the ireland team.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
:rolleyes:

Oram is probably in the worst form of his career. But for you to say he has never been a very good batsmen show's me you haven't seen enough of him to comment on his ability. During the 06/07 CB series Oram would of been one of the best ODI batsmen in the world, and up until around last year he had a test batting average of 40. I've seen some of you're post's where you have ranked his batting along side that of Harbhajan Singh, which I find quite laughable.

vickyrox

Club Captain
Is there any chance for them to qualify...I have a soft corner for them

Guess?Guess...KKR SKIPPER

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
yeah.there is a chance. Oram was a good slogger jamie howzie but not a proper batsman.in that 101* he got against the aussies,he got dropped twice but,played some good slogs.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
yeah.there is a chance. Oram was a good slogger jamie howzie but not a proper batsman.in that 101* he got against the aussies,he got dropped twice but,played some good slogs.

Please stop trying to act as though you know a thing or to about New Zealand cricket, it's embarrassing.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
This forum allows me to share my thoughts as long as the rules are not violated which i always keep in mind.yeah. I agree with you NZC is pretty embarrasing! Lol. You guys just over rate your cricketers. It generally works in rugby but not in cricket jamie.lol.

coolz_hari

International Coach
how come nz get so many all rounders? is it because of their grounds /special ability / what can be the reason? i had this doubt from my childhood

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
So in you're opinion Jacob Oram has never been anything more then a tailend slogger?

jazz

Panel of Selectors
This forum allows me to share my thoughts as long as the rules are not violated which i always keep in mind.yeah. I agree with you NZC is pretty embarrasing! Lol. You guys just over rate your cricketers. It generally works in rugby but not in cricket jamie.lol.

We don?t overrate our rugby players. Even though we lost against the French the other day we are still the best rugby team in the world and that too with only a population of 4-5 million.

You seem to think New Zealand is a pathetic nation at sport but where always up their with the big boys whether its rugby, rugby league, cricket etc

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
But,tell me how many of those all rounders are good enough to do the work with both bat and the ball consistently? Hmm.. Hadlee,cairns,harris and that's it. Styris is not so good with the ball,oram with the bat,etc. These franklins,ryders,astles are not actually all rounders. how many proper batsmen and bowlers have they produced? How many runs did their highest run scores in tests score? 6000? So,having incomplete all rounders isn't so great.is it?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
:rolleyes:

Harris. You have just proved you know nothing about NZ cricket by saying that Harris was a quality all-rounder. If he couldn't bat his bowling would of been no where near good enough to get him into the New Zealand team.

And for the record Oram was once the best all-rounder in world cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread