New Zealand

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
i know man but,i still doubt it.
don't get me wrong.i dearly want them to win but,looking at the current team,i'm a bit worried.
jacob oram is totally out of touch with the bat.
a lot depends on B.McCullum and Guptill

nz0003

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
so that means we are out of the tounament!!!:crying:crying:crying

You have the worst attitude towards Cricket and NZ, we are well aware of all the injuries but its no time to right us off, there's no point in playing Taylor with a hamstring injury, and Vettori may play but he has to play heaps more cricket this year, so there's no point bringing him back for a Twenty20.

You say that we need to bring back Taylor and Vettori to have a chance, well look at their replacements; Redmond scored the fastest 50 in the tournament and Nath McCullum has been the most economical bowler in the tournament.

So I hold your regard right down on the ground where my dog shits.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
You have the worst attitude towards Cricket and NZ, we are well aware of all the injuries but its no time to right us off, there's no point in playing Taylor with a hamstring injury, and Vettori may play but he has to play heaps more cricket this year, so there's no point bringing him back for a Twenty20.

You say that we need to bring back Taylor and Vettori to have a chance, well look at their replacements; Redmond scored the fastest 50 in the tournament and Nath McCullum has been the most economical bowler in the tournament.

So I hold your regard right down on the ground where my dog shits.

you may feel that you have posted a very wise comment,but the mods have given you infraction points and don't contaminate this forum with dirty comments again. Coming back to the topic,i wonder why grant elliott hasn't been called up in the squad as a cover up as he's currently in england.nathan mccullum has done well so far.lets see how he does against sides which play spin well. Guptill holds the key today.

nz0003

International Cricketer
you may feel that you have posted a very wise comment,but the mods have given you infraction points and don't contaminate this forum with dirty comments again. Coming back to the topic,i wonder why grant elliott hasn't been called up in the squad as a cover up as he's currently in england.nathan mccullum has done well so far.lets see how he does against sides which play spin well. Guptill holds the key today.

But you said its already game over?

Why did you change your mind all of a sudden?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Longest tail you have seen?

We have 10 players that have first-class century?s, and Ian Butler is a very good hitter. You don?t know anything about NZ cricket.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
May be or may be not! It doesn't matter whether i know anything about NZ or not.seeing the performance so far, it will be a disgrace to cricket in general if NZ qualify for the semi finals but,that's totally impossible now! :cheers

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
May be or may be not! It doesn't matter whether i know anything about NZ or not.seeing the performance so far, it will be a disgrace to cricket in general if NZ qualify for the semi finals but,that's totally impossible now! :cheers

Yeah you?re right it?s impossible. :rolleyes:

I guess you don't know much about mathematics either.

Sureshot

Executive member
I think everyone needs to take a step back and start a fresh. Respect each other, even if you disagree with their opinion, or further action will be taken.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Sadly for the Kiwis all these injuries have killed their hopes. Losing Taylor was massive as they guys after Styris in the order today have no form behind them. But no shame in losing to Pakistan, when Gul is doing his reverse swing any team would struggle.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
This is it!
NZ needs to beat SL to go to the semis.
i don't know if ross taylor is fit or not,but he must play the match.
Aaron Redmond doesn't have the class and proper technique to counter SL's attack (they will probably open with jayasuriya and matthews to get McCullum out)
he doesn't even hold the bat properly to be honest (i'm sure you too noticed it)
I think NZ will beat SL tomorrow as they are the underdogs now!

Here's the most likely playing xi-
1.B.McCullum
2.A.Redmond
3.M.Guptill
4.R.Taylor
5.S.Styris
6.J.Oram
7.J.Franklin
8.N.McCullum
9.D.Vetori
10.K.Mills
11.I.Butler

irottev

School Cricketer
he doesn't even hold the bat properly to be honest (i'm sure you too noticed it)

Shivnarine Chanderpaul is one of the best batsmen in the world right now and look how he holds the bat. I love how Redmond's being written off after 1 failure after that fifty.

My XI would be the same as the last game with Taylor in for McGlashan who has looked embarrassing with the bat. Lets face it, against Malinga and Murili that cute stuff aint gonna work. McCullum can keep wicket. Maybe it'll save him from dislocating a shoulder or something like he almost did in the last game.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
If anything I would drop Oram, I can't see him making anything against Mendis and Muarli. McGlashan's cute paddle sweeps might actually work against them.

Ari

International Cricketer
I would drop Oram as well but it won't happen. McGlashan hasn't had a decent go yet but probably will make room for Taylor if hes fit.

Users who are viewing this thread