New Zealand's Tour Of India Aug-Sep 2012

My argument against Kohli being the new Number three is that he is too flashy for that position, and I don't believe he has that determination to play out time when the team has lost a very early wicket and the new ball bowlers are steaming in and are giving hell to the batsman. Pujara is of the Dravid kind who can come in, eat up balls and bide out the testing period and then slowly start flourishing. Or even Rahane who has batted at No.3 many times for Mumbai in domestic cricket.

Kohli is a perfect No.4! Once Sachin retires, No.4 must be Kohli's spot. But right now, having Pujara at No.6 is also not a bad option. His recent 96* for India-A vs WI-A where he batted with the tail and took India home to victory reminded of the way VVS used to win games for India batting with the tail. Pujara has that kind of talent too.

:facepalm

Another Dravid at number 3 ? Nope .
Flashy is the wrong word . Attacking is the correct word . Like Ricky Ponting . I am not a big fan of players who just eat up deliveries without rotating strike/scoring. Kohli can buckle down when the need arises . He is not an impulsive stroke maker like Sehwag .

As long as Sehwag opens the innings we'll need a Dravid-esque player at #3 to steady the ship, just how it is.

Kohli will be a good #4, than any other player currently (apart from Sachin).
Rahane, as he is opener, can easily fit into #3, so that even if an early wickets gets down, he can manage as he has fair amount of experience as a opener. And since Kohli can be a good #4 and Pujara has technique of what a #5 batsman needs to have, he will fit into #5.

If selectors consider Kaif, I'd love to see Rahane sitting for Pujara or come down at #6 after Sachins retirement.

Planning to stay awake for sometime if India bat first today. The first test match after the retirement of RD and Laxman and the hype created by its significance is consuming me. I hope and pray that Pujara, Rahane and Badri make it count and settle into the side.

That was a given once Dhoni said yesterday that Raina was a good slip option in the absence of Dravid and Laxman. I wont worry at all about Raina scoring in home conditions. THat worry will come only late next year. Good that Pujara gets his game. Hope he gets to No #3 and gets a big hundred (wherever he bats). I hope this is the moment for him where he converts all his hype and expectations into something very real and very big. All prayers on him for India's test future.:cheers

Good decision to play Yadav with Zak.

P.s: Where are they streaming it online for North American viewers? Want to catch a glimpse of the match.

Edit: Never mind. Pleasantly surprised to see Willow.tv covering the games. BRILLIANT!!

Last edited:
Where do I watch this match live?

Where do I watch this match live?

Its on willow.tv (of course you buy their monthly subscription for $14.99/month; it covers most of international cricket though and the stream quality is brilliant with almost no buffer).

Pujara padded and Kohli not padded! Seems like Pujara will be the new #3 as I expected and wanted.

Willow.tv is only for northern america

Sehwag swinging at it as usual. Has already been lucky to survive in there, which is to be expected since he is playing in Indian conditions.

Its not good, but I am actually waiting for a wicket so that I can watch a bit of Pujara and hopefully a bit of Tendulkar today.

Its not good, but I am actually waiting for a wicket so that I can watch a bit of Pujara and hopefully a bit of Tendulkar today.

Lmao, same here and as I'm typing that Gambhir has edged it to the keeper! :D

Users who are viewing this thread