New Zealand's Tour Of India Aug-Sep 2012

Whoa..... My jinx worked out there. Hoping to see Pujara notch up a big ton here along with Sehwag.

gambhir gone big wicket there for nz. I am really surprised to see why kohli dint came to bat at no 3 :eek:

Pujara is the right guy to come in here, and he has. Still wonder why people think Kohli is a good #3 in tests. Just because he is good at it in ODI's doesn't mean it would be the same in tests. A test #3 is different from an ODI #3.

Raina again? Wow, he must be special then. I can't get why Rahane wasn't picked in his place. Happy to see Pujara at 3. Kohli can and should bat at 5 as long as Sachin plays.

A good team selection [Pujara at No.3], but I'd have been happier with Rahane's inclusion over Raina. Although, we did have a very strong hint that Raina will play in the press conference itself.

Dhoni remarked that the slip cordon area would not be problematic seeing as they have Sehwag, Virat & Raina.

Good to see the back of India's openers in the first session. Sachin will probably be the key towards India posting a big score; if we can get him after lunch then keeping India under 400 might be a possibility.

50 for Pujara, needs to keep going though, get that all important first 100 and cement his place in the batting lineup.

Pujara's increasing the scoring rate here. Taylor's just dropped Kohli...oh dear. Boult was REALLY close to having Kohli LBW first ball, not sure they showed Hawkeye of it. I know the ball was hitting middle of leg, they showed the summary of the over later on Hawkeye, just a question of where it was pitching. Good to see Boult playing though, was afraid they'd play Wagner again. And not sure why Franklin is bowling those tame mediums...:noway

Pujara has really turned it on since the tea break, love watching him bat, really do.

Sifter, I think that ball was pitched outside leg. It looked as it was the case, commentators also said that but, yeah hawkeye wasn't shown. Great to see Pujara scoring those runs.

Sehwag
Gambhir
Pujara
Tendulkar
Kohli
Rahane
Dhoni

Perfect batting lineup this! Once Sachin goes, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, etc. can come in. Rayudu is one hell of a talent too and he's just 27 (will be in a few days). Rahane can always open if needed..

Won't say a perfect Test line up for me. I'd certainly make some changes after Tendulkar. For me, it opens up 3 spots-Tendulkar, Dhoni & Raina.

But at the moment, 'The Foundation' [will go on to become a Wall later] is doing really very well. Just as expected, he has played well and is a technically supreme player.-ton on the way, maybe a 150 ?:yes

I wish we had my batting lineup right now, 'cus Kohli's gone! Rahane coming in would always be better in a situation like this, anyway, Raina at the crease now.

----------

100 for Pujara! What a player this guy is, his patience, his temperament, at this age, cheers.

Eh, whats Raina doing now ?

Ahead of MSD ? I'd have expected him to be below Dhoni.

Anyway kudos to Cheteswar Pujara-well deserved ton, may we have many more of those :)

As for the Kiwis- its already 1600 hours in India and they have 20 more overs to go. They seem to have a missed a trick or two by over-relying on their pacers.

Raina has come and gone, didn't look like he had edged it to me, 5 down now.

Users who are viewing this thread