New Zealand's Tour Of India Aug-Sep 2012

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
India win by an innings and 115 runs, wonderful stuff from Ashwin, finishes with 12-85, just wow.

Needs to be put in perspective though, Ireland would probably put up a better fight than us against spin bowling.

Not much to say tbh, I don't really think there is any possible way for this team to improve anymore. Its quite sad really when you think about the joy the Hobart test brought, we thought we may have finally turned a corner and it couldn't possibly have turned out any worse since. This without a doubt is the lowest point I can ever remember NZ cricket being in. We always used to moan about playing Bangladesh but I seriously don't think this current team would stand any chance against them especially in Bangladesh.

----------

Done and dusted in 4 days. Well that was brilliant performance from Ashwin. Hope his haters will shut up for a while. Good supporting role by Pragyan Ojha as well, he is a quality spinner as well. Good sign in batting s well with Pujara getting a ton and Kohli and Dhoni getting important runs under their belt. Overall, a good match for us.

As I posted before though, remember who its against. He bowled well but we are simply a joke so I don't think any haters will shut up, he needs to do it against England and Australia coming up to really silence the doubters.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Absolutely, just happy to see us finally dominate a side, albeit New Zealand.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
As I posted before though, remember who its against. He bowled well but we are simply a joke so I don't think any haters will shut up, he needs to do it against England and Australia coming up to really silence the doubters.

Yes, that is true. He needs to do that against England and WI but still getting 12 wickets in a test match against any test nation is not an easy task. Ashwin did very well last year in ODI against England as well. I think he was the highest wicket taker in that series when England toured India. So I am very positive that he will do well against those teams as well.

btw, this is the first time Zaheer Khan has won a test match without taking a single wicket. :D

ferg512

International Coach
Was there any more news on Pujara? I really hope that doesn't put him out for a while, that would be pretty devastating after making your maiden test ton and India do need him.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Yes, that is true. He needs to do that against England and WI but still getting 12 wickets in a test match against any test nation is not an easy task. Ashwin did very well last year in ODI against England as well. I think he was the highest wicket taker in that series when England toured India. So I am very positive that he will do well against those teams as well.

btw, this is the first time Zaheer Khan has won a test match without taking a single wicket. :D

Ashwin did well in the ODI series in England as well.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=6114;type=series

----------

Was there any more news on Pujara? I really hope that doesn't put him out for a while, that would be pretty devastating after making your maiden test ton and India do need him.

Yes, heard one of the commentators say the knee was just bruised and it was nothing serious, will wait for an official announcement of sorts.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Like Ferg says, this is the worst New Zealand team in most people on here's lifetime. You look through that team minus Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, and this is what you get:

McCullum - 33
Guptill - 28
Williamson - 32
Taylor - 40
Flynn - 26
Franklin - 23
van Wyk - 18

That's a top seven that averages a sorry 200 runs between them, including the inflation from not outs, which is only going to win games on pitches like Hobart where we can rely on our pace bowlers to give us an outside chance.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Let me guess you much prefer the batting side that toured us 2 years ago?

McIntosh
McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Ryder
Williamson
Hopkins
Vettori

Remember you guys drew the first 2 Tests against the then No.1 Test team. :p

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
india must be chuffed to bits, they trounced nz easier than they did 2010, but CG is right, it's weak NZ team, no vettori or ryder and NZ can't really afford those sort of casualties with such a small pool.

must be a slight worry that quicks accounted for only 2 of the 20 wickets but I think I'd cut india some slack. they've transformed their team and while there are bigger challenges ahead it must be reassuring for them they are still streets ahead of the weaker test teams without dravid and laxman and a couple of new spinners.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Excited to see us dominating like this. We always have the tendency to make ordinary teams look good against us. But this time, we have done well.

Quite excited to see Ashwin perform against England and Australia at home. These guys will give much tougher competition, but Ashwin has been performing super well at home (he has picked 34 wickets in 4 home tests now). Hope Pujara is fine enough to play the second test. One more good show will cement his spot in the test XI for atleast a year.

jacobfelix

International Coach
Now we welcome good ol' kiwis to our city :D ....the biggest threat for them, apart from our batsman and spin, is the WEATHER :D....so hopeless, that it suddenly gets hot....after few hours suddenly it starts raining.....then it becomes cold....by the time they put on the sweater it becomes hot again :p......surely, if the present weather persists when they come, the kiwis will wither under this....

hopefully the delicate darlings in their team doesnt catch a cold, a flu or even dengue....:p

Sahil 7

Panel of Selectors
maginificient win there for india spinners were brilliant particularly ashwin for picking 12 wickets in a match :eek: hope india will win second test match as well

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
Good bowling by Ashwin and well supported by Ojha. Turned out to be a easy match than i expected. Although i was worried because of the rain. Happy that India started their camp by winning in the absence of Dravid & Laxman. Need to carry it long way.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Any updates on Pujara? Pretty keen to know about his status. Hope the additional day's rest helps him recover soon.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Any updates on Pujara? Pretty keen to know about his status. Hope the additional day's rest helps him recover soon.

The news from the comm box was that it's nothing serious, waiting for an official announcement though.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Happy with the performance and I see another win next match for sure. New Zealand with or without the DRS just cant compete now a days :)

Users who are viewing this thread