New Zealand's Tour Of India Aug-Sep 2012

Epic

Panel of Selectors
NZL needs to play McCullum in the mid-order. Its gives the sense of a stronger middle order even if NZL are like 60/3. Maybe BJ can open in that case.

Also, another change that I'd like to see-2 spinners. You can't play 4 fasts unless you are Australia with the likes of McGrath, Lee and so on. Agreed that Tarun Nethula is still young,but what better an opportunity than to bowl in India to a few top batsmen. I believe its NZL's best chance of drawing the game.
His best performances have come at the top of the order though, his double hundred in Hyderabad, pure class.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Btw, is it really ESS who is producing the pictures, cause the graphics look really yuck-way below ESS's standards.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
NZL needs to play McCullum in the mid-order. Its gives the sense of a stronger middle order even if NZL are like 60/3. Maybe BJ can open in that case.

I was thinking the opposite, keep him up top but encourage him to attack. India will surely turn to spin early, and I'd be tempted to tell McCullum to hit anything that gets in his area. Not reckless, all out attack, but enough to disrupt the spinners and force Dhoni to turn to pace again or to set defensive fields.

It might address the point that's bugged me about NZ, first in WI and now here in India - their batting run rate has generally been VERY slow. All about survival and not much about working out how to get off strike or how to change the bowlers line and length.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Btw, is it really ESS who is producing the pictures, cause the graphics look really yuck-way below ESS's standards.

ESS?

----------

I was thinking the opposite, keep him up top but encourage him to attack. India will surely turn to spin early, and I'd be tempted to tell McCullum to hit anything that gets in his area. Not reckless, all out attack, but enough to disrupt the spinners and force Dhoni to turn to pace again or to set defensive fields.

It might address the point that's bugged me about NZ, first in WI and now here in India - their batting run rate has generally been VERY slow. All about survival and not much about working out how to get off strike or how to change the bowlers line and length.

Middle ground between his 1st innings and 2nd innings eh, smart.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
ESPN Star Sports.

Also Sahil bhai, that ain't ESS mistake. BCCI wants it to broadcast with those graphics. I remember even Neo Cricket was with same set of graphics against Australia in 2010, the blue involved was bit lighter though.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The amount of other graphical tools being used is pretty horrible really. No hot spot, no hawk eye/eagle eye, no snicko, etc. The only thing I saw them use was the stop watch to show the reaction time of Sehwag's catch.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Think they've done that on purpose, just so no one says "Eh, that would've been out had the DRS been in effect."

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
And, I love how Shastri always has something to cover up for the no DRS. BCCI would be paying him a hell lot of a money, seriously. That McCullum lbw, he was the one who brought up that it would also have been pad first and then bat, and was immediately followed by LSRK. Seriously, I hate these Indian commentators nowadays.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Seriosuly ? LSRK ? I havent seen the games with the commentary on- but -just wondering who all are in the team ?

I know for sure that Sunil Gavaskar and Ravi Shashtri are cause they are paid by the BCCI to act as the 'Indian commentators' for each series. So, you can expect them to defend the board every now and then.

Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I won't add Sourav Ganguly to the list. He is a sensible commentator. From whatever I've heard him speak, that is.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I can't agree with you more User, some of the ---- they were talking in the first test... They should just delay our radio commentary by a second or so, so we can listen to that along with the pictures, it's so annoying how they're not in sink.

ferg512

International Coach
I can't agree with you more User, some of the ---- they were talking in the first test... They should just delay our radio commentary by a second or so, so we can listen to that along with the pictures, it's so annoying how they're not in sink.

Yeah the BCCI commentators are pretty awful. I don't mind Ganguly though but the rest are a complete bore. Who is doing the radio commentary by the way? Waddle?

Users who are viewing this thread