New Zealand's Tour Of India Aug-Sep 2012

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah the BCCI commentators are pretty awful. I don't mind Ganguly though but the rest are a complete bore. Who is doing the radio commentary by the way? Waddle?

Yeah, Waddle, and Macca when he's not on the TV, and maybe Doull as well when he's not on the TV.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I won't add Sourav Ganguly to the list. He is a sensible commentator. From whatever I've heard him speak, that is.

Trouble with Ganguly is that he's starting to talk too much. Says reasonable things most of the time, but if he doesn't moderate his comments a bit viewers will think he's a know-it-all (eg Sanjay Manjrekar) or that he's just full of hot air (eg. Bill Lawry :p). Pick your moments to add something useful and don't feel like you have to talk incessantly between every ball.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Ganguly is decent. What I don't want to see is an idiot like Manjrekar showing his stupid face on every TV channel, ranting about the same old story as to how players from his hometown are far superior than anyone else in the world.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I've always looked at most commentators as people who know more than let's say a you or a me, it's rather obvious isn't it, they've achieved more in every aspect on cricketing terms and they are there for a reason.

----------

I said most commentators for a reason, there's one exception, Sanath Jayasuriya, makes me cringe every time.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
You clearly havent been subjected to the horror of listening to Ather Ali from BD-who claims there is Duckworth-Lewis in Test matches.

Back to the 2nd Test, I just figured out that it s going to be in BLR, whihc has a notion of being overcast most of the time. Will the Kiwis stick to the side that they played in the first test or try out the Nethula-Patel combo ?

Epic

Panel of Selectors
You clearly havent been subjected to the horror of listening to Ather Ali from BD-who claims there is Duckworth-Lewis in Test matches.

Can't say I have.

But back to the 2nd Test, they ought to make changes. I can understand a team not making changes after a hard fought defeat, but the 1st Test was everything but that, it was an annihilation, a ----.

My point is, you don't see many ---- victims approach the same dark alley, ignore that, I get carried away. :D

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The amount of other graphical tools being used is pretty horrible really. No hot spot, no hawk eye/eagle eye, no snicko, etc. The only thing I saw them use was the stop watch to show the reaction time of Sehwag's catch.

Yeah man, the look and feel of Star Cricket has been tacky to say the least in this Ind-NZ series. It feels the same horrible Neo Cricket broadcast, same C-grade graphics and font, same BCCI logo placed irritatingly at the top left corner of the TV screen. :mad

Trust me, I spent so much time searching for any forum or mail-id to get back to folks at ESS, trying the give them feedback regarding the pictures that we have seen so far on their channel.

When Neo's broadcast contract was terminated by BCCI, who eventually entered into a new contract with Star TV for India cricket broadcast rights, I was like "Good riddance Neo, What a relief!!" :yes

In South-East Asia Pacific region, ESS has always been pioneer as far worldwide cricket broadcast is concerned and I was so hopeful of finally getting to watch live cricket on TV the way it should be presented..but in this series, the aesthetics from ESS has taken a sharp nosedive :facepalm

Is there anything that is even remotely related to cricket at large and not influenced by BCCI, they have already wrecked havoc on larger issues of the game...why tamper with the viewing pleasure ???

jacobfelix

International Coach
From the last 5-6 days, we have had mostly overcast conditions with spells of drizzle to heavy rains....so expect lots of stoppages due to bad light and rains....

These overcast conditions would probably suit the kiwis....I think only yesterday we had some sunshine...so the pitch got some 'baking'....but today's rains again might have spoilt that......should see how our spinners & their paceman respond on this pitch.....

Epic

Panel of Selectors
"Frankly, we were expecting turning tracks, the last two wickets I don't see them as turning tracks," he said a day ahead of the Bangalore Test. "This wicket also doesn't look like a turning track. We have put our request through and after that whatever wickets are provided we'll have to play on them."

I have a feeling he wants Test matches to be One Dayers. :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have a feeling he wants Test matches to be One Dayers. :p

Dhoni is right! We should play to our strengths by having turning wickets. These days, getting turners in India is very hard. Its either a flat road, or very slow turn where the batsman has ample time to decipher the ball.

Viresh

School Cricketer
Ojha needs 1 wkt to reach 100 wickets in intl cricket career :rolleyes

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Dhoni is right! We should play to our strengths by having turning wickets. These days, getting turners in India is very hard. Its either a flat road, or very slow turn where the batsman has ample time to decipher the ball.

That's all cool, but there's a limit to everything, Test matches ending in 2 days is not a Test match.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
So we're bringing in Southee for Martin... I can't say that I agree, but hopefully they can prove me wrong and get the job done. I have no idea why Watling's not in the team, he's a better batsman and fielder than Flynn, or they could bring him in for van Wyk and strengthen our middle order.

The pitch is meant to be more pace bowler friendly, but that shouldn't matter because we have to win the toss and if we do we have to bat. Hence if we're going to have any chance we're going to have to bat into day two when the pitch will have already more than likely flattened out, but at that stage we're only going to have Patel to call on. If we loss the toss and our young pace trio struggle early on, then I'm afraid to say that it's going to be a very long two days.

Users who are viewing this thread