New Zealand's Tour Of India Aug-Sep 2012

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
In the words of David Haye "this series will be more one sided than gang-----"

Hopefully for India. They are class when it comes to T20's.

Even hope for that is too far fetched. You seriously think NZ will gang ---- India in tests in the subcontinent?

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Even hope for that is too far fetched. You seriously think NZ will gang ---- India in tests in the subcontinent?

No I think India will win. Compare them to New Zealand. No chance. At home, New Zealand have no decent spin options. unlike India and India bat very deep.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
No I think India will win. Compare them to New Zealand. No chance. At home, New Zealand have no decent spin options. unlike India and India bat very deep.

I know we have no decent spin options, but last time I checked neither does India...

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
I know we have no decent spin options, but last time I checked neither does India...

Pragyan Ojha is extremely good on his day.
And Ashwin is slowly turning into a joke. I was a guy who wanted Ashwin to stay in the team for long but I've now realized that Harbhajan is still far better than him. We need to get him back.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Pragyan Ojha is extremely good on his day.
And Ashwin is slowly turning into a joke. I was a guy who wanted Ashwin to stay in the team for long but I've now realized that Harbhajan is still far better than him. We need to get him back.

One bad tour of Australia and you are calling him a joke, the funny thing though is the fact that it was a bad tour and he still out did Garbhajan.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
One bad tour of Australia and you are calling him a joke, the funny thing though is the fact that it was a bad tour and he still out did Garbhajan.

He only had one good tour in the first place though, against a very average West Indies team. He just looked so bad in Australia from what I saw of him.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
He only had one good tour in the first place though, against a very average West Indies team. He just looked so bad in Australia from what I saw of him.

Well that was his the first time he was touring Australia so I wasn't expecting any wonders from him. He did not look too bad to me because he was at least trying to get wickets rather then going round the wicket like Harbhajan does.

I still think we need to stick with him for at least this home and see how is he doing because if you haven't played him before, it will be tough to pick his carrom ball.

I agree with Yudi about Pragyan Ojha. He is a very good bowler and very underrated. He is one Indian spinner to watch out for. For NZ, I think Kane Willimson is the only guy I am excited to see.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Average West Indies side just like average Kiwi side :p Come on, last time you toured us only McCullum played still you lost to us 1-0 I suppose with Harbhajan in side.

I am sure this series will be a tough one as recently we have had a habbit of making things tough for us but anyday back in Sub Continent I consider Australia and England to an average side :)

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Average West Indies side just like average Kiwi side :p Come on, last time you toured us only McCullum played still you lost to us 1-0 I suppose with Harbhajan in side.

Harbhajan scored a century :D

Epic

Panel of Selectors

Sure, but he has only played 6 Test matches(3 away) so far and that's definitely not enough to pass judgement on a player.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Highly unfair on Ashwin that people pass judgements on him after a 5-6 tests, out of which he has got a bagful of wickets in three of them. It is not his problem that West Indies could not withstand him in India. And in fact, WI were coming into that series with subcontinent exposure where they had played Bangladesh just before that series.

Ashwin needs to attack more, and he will do that when he hits subcontinent wickets (and hopefully on his next overseas tour too after his first tough experience). And his batting is highly reliable (he has a test century too) so he doesnt lose out to Harbhajan on that. Harbhajan has experience, but Ashwin needs to be given that to see how the two compare.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Only CSK supporters are supporting Ashwin and I understand why!

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Haha, don't take what I said so seriously guys. I was just responding to the guy who was talking down our spinners when India don't have any proven international test spinners. I just said that he looked bad from what I saw of him in Australia, because I didn't see any of his good performances against the West Indies.

Come on, last time you toured us only McCullum played still you lost to us 1-0 I suppose with Harbhajan in side.

We dominated the first test, and we would've won had it not been for a Harbhajan hundred. Yes India annihilated us in the third test to win the series.

On that tour McCullum averaged 74, Ryder averaged 55, and Williamson averaged 42. Yes our bowling was pretty woeful, but who can forget Martin's spell which was definitely one the best spells of test match bowling in the last few years. That spell along with Bracewell's against Australia are the two spells that I remember the most vividly.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Ah, that Bracewell spell and that David Warner hundred!

Users who are viewing this thread