New Zealand's Tour Of India Aug-Sep 2012

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Also btw we drew with Australia in Australia last season, while India lost four nil to them... Yes India are big favourites in this series, but there's need to write us off completely. Tbh I'm not even sure why we're discussing what we are now, considering we still have a full tour of the West Indies before this series.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It really doesn't matter, I would stick up for any player being labelled a 'joke' after 6 Tests.

And that too when he has picked up 22 wkts in 3 tests. Kumble started off as a subcontinent bully, before maturing into an international class spinner. We used to go through times when Kumble picked bucketload of wickets in subcontinent, but would look like a pussy abroad. Only in 2003 or so did the scenario change. To label Ashwin a joke after just 6 tests is ridiculous of the highest order.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I feel this will be the last series of Laxman- a perfect chance for him to end at his home ground, Hyderabad:thumbs:mad:noway.

S

Satan666

I think both tests would turn out tame draws, unless the Indian pitches offer something, (which is highly unlikely). NZ bowling is surely stronger than the Indian attack but I doubt they would be able to take 20 wickets against a relatively strong but out of form Indian batting side, while the Indian bowling is too weak to even cause an inexperience Kiwi side any trouble.

As for the T20 India should win them with relative ease.

Some members posting on the thread are calling for Laxman's head but take him out and you have a weak middle order, while some are saying its a good walk away test for him but should we really remember Laxman in his last test at Hyderbad playing against a weak NZ side?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I think both tests would turn out tame draws, unless the Indian pitches offer something, (which is highly unlikely). NZ bowling is surely stronger than the Indian attack but I doubt they would be able to take 20 wickets against a relatively strong but out of form Indian batting side, while the Indian bowling is too weak to even cause an inexperience Kiwi side any trouble.

Some members posting on the thread are calling for Laxman's head but take him out and you have a weak middle order, while some are saying its a good walk away test for him but should we really remember Laxman in his last test at Hyderbad playing against a weak NZ side?

Well tbh I dont agree with you, we had the same bowling lineup against West Indies(excluding Zaheer) and still we won 2-0 against similar weak West Indies side which is way better then this stupid New Zealand side of theirs.

If Ross and Brendon dont play I dont see this team even drawing a match. Only Kane Williamson and Martin Guptill can play a long innings rest of them really suck

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

You are under-rating our spinners in home conditions. The last series we played at home, Ashwin picked up 22 wickets against West Indies and both he and Ojha wrecked WI big time. I expect our spinners to bowl pretty well at home as they know the conditions better and feel more comfortable at it. And NZ being not so great players of spin bowling, I expect India to win the tests comfortably.

S

Satan666

You are under-rating our spinners in home conditions. The last series we played at home, Ashwin picked up 22 wickets against West Indies and both he and Ojha wrecked WI big time. I expect our spinners to bowl pretty well at home as they know the conditions better and feel more comfortable at it. And NZ being not so great players of spin bowling, I expect India to win the tests comfortably.

Last time I checked WI are ranked close to the bottom of the table in all formats so using such a weak batting line up for your basis is not justification enough to say the Indians are worth something, albeit maybe Chanderpaul can be consider a good player of spin only. I agree the NZ players arent reading Narine in the present series but who does, even your god and saviour Sachin was unable to read him on the Indian pitces, so we cant say for sure that the Kiwi are so weak at spin.

----------

Well tbh I dont agree with you, we had the same bowling lineup against West Indies(excluding Zaheer) and still we won 2-0 against similar weak West Indies side which is way better then this stupid New Zealand side of theirs.

If Ross and Brendon dont play I dont see this team even drawing a match. Only Kane Williamson and Martin Guptill can play a long innings rest of them really suck

Well tbh I wasnt expecting you or any other Indian supporter to agree with me. The same so called 'stupid NZ' side you're talking about currently has the West Indies in tatters at 107/8.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After watching New Zealand subside to the West Indies, I think this series might be one sided

S

Satan666

Well I doubt the Indians stand a chance now, since the Kiwis are mauling through the 'strong, (as some Indian supporters seem to think) WI side.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Well I doubt the Indians stand a chance now, since the Kiwis are mauling through the 'strong, (as some Indian supporters seem to think) WI side.

What??? Right now, its NZ who are under the pump against West Indies.

S

Satan666

The only guys you have in the team are Kholi, Sehwag and Gautam. Everyone else are worst than the WI team, with that in mind it should be an easy win for NZ since today's game was close.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The only guys you have in the team are Kholi, Sehwag and Gautam. Everyone else are worst than the WI team, with that in mind it should be an easy win for NZ since today's game was close.

Dude - are you here with the intention of just provoking Indian fans? Mind you, NZ is not going to play India at home. They will be playing India in India. The last time we played NZ in NZ, we won the series (now ppl will say that was a worse NZ team, but heck even India are considered to be worse outside India).

And you talk about Sehwag and Gautam? These guys are probably among the weakest when it comes to our test batting lineup in challenging conditions. Sachin and Laxman will rank ahead of them anyday no matter how old they are and how slow their reflexes become.

S

Satan666

Dude - are you here with the intention of just provoking Indian fans? Mind you, NZ is not going to play India at home. They will be playing India in India. The last time we played NZ in NZ, we won the series (now ppl will say that was a worse NZ team, but heck even India are considered to be worse outside India).

And you talk about Sehwag and Gautam? These guys are probably among the weakest when it comes to our test batting lineup in challenging conditions. Sachin and Laxman will rank ahead of them anyday no matter how old they are and how slow their reflexes become.

No I am not here to provoke anyone but sent from hell to reveal the truth, and nothing but the truth, Laxman has played some legendary inns I cant argue that but its time for the new blood to be realised we cant rely on traditions and customs, this is one of the main reasons why not only cricket but why your kind have always fail in every facet. How long do you think Sachin will be playing? Is he an immortal, a god a superhuman? Is he your devine master? To me he is an old crow has long passed his used by date and its time for him to leave before they get rid of him like the garbage you discard of. We are fighting the same fight yar, see the light before its too late, change is never accepted by everyone but we need it now more than ever its the best time for Sachin to leave.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
He's got a year left in him imo, should retire from the One Dayers though.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The last time NZ toured us, we had prepared totally flat tracks. If we have the same ones, we wont be able to take 20 wickets and the matches will simply turn into a run feast for both the sides.

Also, have the Kiwis specifically requested the BCCI for a South India tour ? All the matches seem to be in the Southern part of India. I m guessing its cause of the proximity to SRL, maybe flying out is cheaper and easier :D

Yeah. Rohit is already in the test squad. I am talking about the squad, not the XI.

I'd say Rohit got in due to an injury to Pujara. Else, it would have been Pujara on that flight to Australia instead of Rohit.

Pragyan Ojha is extremely good on his day.
And Ashwin is slowly turning into a joke. I was a guy who wanted Ashwin to stay in the team for long but I've now realized that Harbhajan is still far better than him. We need to get him back.

How often does MSD employ the services of Pragyan ? Ashwin-the main problem is he is too much into the T20 mode.Similar to Harbhajan, who tried to clogg up the scoring rate than to try and take wickets. What we really need is a spin bowling coach who can guide our players. Our soin bench strength is no where as compared to the rest of the world. Proabably a Prasanna or a Bedi can be brought on board to rectify this.

Users who are viewing this thread