Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
Hi all,

Yep, we do read your posts with interest! It's quite funny reading some of the rumours and speculation, as Heath just mentioned after many speculated, that was someone playing the game badly in the vid ;). And as much as we'd love to reply to your posts, we have our own NDA's ;).

Heath, myself and the rest of the team are working really hard right now. Have patience all, it's not too far away! :D

Kind Regards,

-Rob.

(Lead Programmer).

Nice to hear that Rob:D I dont know have your read the Q & A section or not so i'll ask some questions anyway which wont break your NDA's...:happy:happy
Note:Some questions here might look silly coz real questions aer related with gameplay which they cannot answer due to NDA,though i have posted them in Q&A

*Is there a demo in the pipeline?? When it is going to be released if so?
*Would the game release on the same date worldwide?? Like in India too??
*Are there any hidden surprises and modes in the game which Jamie Firth hasn't mentioned in the interview and has left for us to discover and enjoy?? (A simple yes or no will do... you can name a few if you are feeling a bit generous:D)
*does the game has a ultra scalable graphics setting?? Like crysis has a very low graphics setting for low end PC and Ultra high setting for a beast of pc. In that way crysis catered both type of gamers well.
*ARe there more songs in menu or just one like previous BLIC07? Is there a jukebox in the game? Can we select custom songs.

A request: Please create a gameplay video ASAP:upray. We are starving:eek:

not codies

Hey guys,

Just FYI, Rob and myself are -not- Codemasters, we're Transmission games, the developer. Codies is the publisher. Jamie is from Codemasters. Codemasters are the onces who can talk about the game, release screenshots etc etc.

Transmission Games

Cheers!

Heath

Heath, how long in creation was Ashes Cricket 09? Are you allowed to tell us that?

Yes, this has been discussed briefly by Jamie in interviews so far. We started production in March 2007, so it's been a little over two years. We looked long and hard into the BLIC2007 code base, but ultimately decided it was time for a complete re-write. In doing so, we've aimed to capture everything that's been great in the series, while hopefully designing away many of its flaws, and evolve the series for current gen platforms.

Obviously creating a sequel to an existing series essentially from scratch for multiple new platforms is a rather large undertaking, so it's kept us pretty busy! We've set out to provide something that's both familiar to existing fans so as to preserve the appeal of what's made the game successful, and at the same time move it forward to provide a deeper, more dynamic and rewarding experience.

Heath's also worked extremely hard to make the game much easier to pick up for beginners, so your friends who've never played the game before find it much easier to get into. Easier to pick up, harder to put down is the idea!

Sorry, but I can't discuss too much more at this stage, in popping my head up, I justed wanted you to know that:

a) we sincerely thank you for your interest
b) we have all been listening, and
c) we're working really hard to deliver the best experience we possibly can, one we really hope you'll enjoy!

Anyway, I'd better get back to it, as we've got a game to deliver ;).

Cheers,

-Rob.

Great to see the developers read's and post's in a fan forum. Its good for cricket games and cricket fans.

If your NDA permits, i have a question
Is the kits editable ?

I am very much eagerly waiting for the release.
please release it soon Codies...

Its good to see you guys going through the forums. But i think i can speak for most people when i say that we cant wait for codies to release a gameplay video... and can you tell me anything to do with the player creation or will i just have to wait for the game?

developer

Hi Rob and Heath,

First of all, Thanks for comming here and reading the posts! As you guyz may have seen in previous posts there were discussions that unlike other games cricket involves lot of psychological thinking that goes into the game and batsman making mistake is more or less I think depends on how he swings the bat i.e timing and position.

In that sense, I am wondering what were the first thoughts on rewriting code for AC09? How difficult or easy which I wont say has been to come up with all the tactics that is put into AC09?

Lol, at jkartik get all excited when a Codemasters developer comes on this board. :p

hehehe.....for two things :-

1) not always do you find developers interacting with forum members ! ;)

2) i've worked extremely hard and what better than to have an opinion from such a pro.:)

See I told you they read these forums!

Probably should explain myself after waiting 35 odd pages and two years to make my first ever post. Didnt mean to troll or anything but just this line made me break my silence (and hopefully not my NDA)

You yourself im guessing has seen awesome graphics and gone wow i want to buy this, while the true fans see gameplay sucks!

I had seen the gameplay so I knew first hand it didnt suck! True fan or not!

Lol they don't read many forum posts. Also what were the conspiracy theories? I don't think there were any.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread