Next Codemasters game - Ashes Cricket 2009

Ashes Cricket 09 better than EA Cricket?

• Yes, it will beat EA Cricket games

Votes: 137 57.6%
  • No, EA Cricket is far better than this

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • Have to wait for trailer and features to release

Votes: 53 22.3%
  • Maybe Cricket 09 beat Ashes Cricket 09

Votes: 27 11.3%

• Total voters
lazy codies updated there forum,may be announcement coming very soon .:upray

Last edited:
woo,waiting for release:cool:,can I buy and download full version of the game online?:onpc

lazy codies updated there forum,may be announcement coming very soon .:upray

Yeah their community manager Helios said that the announcement will be made soon and he said that on 08-07-09. Its 1:30 Pm here in Pakistan. Offices must have started working in Uk so an announcement may be coming sooooooooon. :upray

^Yes Today is 09-07-09. Thats why I presumed an announcement could be forthcoming soon. But we don't know what is their definition of the word "soon"

Old news just look back couple messages
mate i am not talking about following one!!!
"We're going to be issuing a release date soon everyone, not long to wait now"
from
Ian 'Helios' Webster
Community Manager

they have changed the Ashes cricket 09 forum's background,and opened a new sub forum called Ashes cricket 09 discussion and other cricket related discussion,

Dont u guys think codemasters is testing our patience & coming up with new dates evry now & than.

I remember in forums people mentioning that codies will declare the release date on day 1 of ashes but day 2 has started & no news till now, what i see is it will be declared on its commnity, & since the game was named Ashes cricket 2009 it would have been ideal if the fans could play the game when ashes start rather than a month after ashes & if the ashes becomes one sided than i wonder who will buy game in losing side.

Poor planning by codies

well it doesnt matter who wins... aussie gamers will still buy this game if it is a good game... i am getting it either way

Dont u guys think codemasters is testing our patience & coming up with new dates evry now & than.

I remember in forums people mentioning that codies will declare the release date on day 1 of ashes but day 2 has started & no news till now, what i see is it will be declared on its commnity, & since the game was named Ashes cricket 2009 it would have been ideal if the fans could play the game when ashes start rather than a month after ashes & if the ashes becomes one sided than i wonder who will buy game in losing side.

Poor planning by codies

I think Codemasters have listened to opinion of people who play tested and are trying to iron out a few glitches in the game e.g. loopy bounce and bowler's pace. That may have caused them to delay release till August (seems most likely to be released in August). If this is the case then I have no problem waiting a bit more for the game. Anyways its all just speculation. They may just surprise with an early release

Last edited:
That's not codemasters doing that, it is people/retailers guessing dates. There are no confirmed dates from codemasters at this stage.

well, is it trully ready, i think last times u guys tested it there was some stiff to fix in the game. i dont mind about the time it takes to come to the market but i like it to be the best game ever and to be a game you would play for more then one year coz it really feels like cricket as we know it

Too many people hoping for an early release. Saw that poster of 13th of August, I'll follow that. Best source so far.

Aug 7 & Aug 13 seems pretty solid. Its already July 10 so I dont think they will release the game in two weeks. It will be a bad decision to release the game on the start of the 4th test. If its the official ASHES game then it should have been released a couple of weeks before ASHES not at the end of it. They might loose some casual gamers.

They might be thinking there is no other Cricket game coming so people dont have any choice they will buy it. But I think they will loose some dishearten fans

i think codemasters are releasing the game towards the end of the ashes series because they know how much everyone, even not massive cricket fans were interested by the end of the 2005 series and they're probably expecting the same for this one.

Users who are viewing this thread