Next England Captain

the next England captain

• Total voters
Who on earth is going to be ODI captain? Colly has resigned from that position and Flintoff got sacked as captain after the pedalo incident. Other than that there is no-one that is captaincy material in the squad for West Indies (who is a regular).

Who on earth is going to be ODI captain? Colly has resigned from that position and Flintoff got sacked as captain after the pedalo incident. Other than that there is no-one that is captaincy material in the squad for West Indies (who is a regular).
I don't think that was the case, was it? Vaughan was captain all the way through the World Cup because he had come back from injury...

If Strauss is skipper, he'll probably return to ODIs. Colly may get it again.

Bottler Bell lives up to his name more than often enough and I'm afraid you have bought into the crap about him having talent. He is crap and there are far better players in the county game. Let him go and score some more runs in county cricket. Get Key or his team mate Trott in. As for dropping Colly, you must be having a giraffe. Also can you please stop with this crap about Bell having a good record in England. That isn't a positive, all it shows is what a bottler he is, how he can't adapt at all and is not good enough. You talk about decline but he's just getting progressively worse. there is no way a sane human being can think Ian Bell deserves to be in the team more than Paul Collingwood, and just to add to the fact Collys a better batsmen he's also a better batsmen and fielder.

why don't you guys call someone like Alec Stewart,trescothic..

Yeah I said straight away when a family member told me that Pietersen stepped down. With him in form though would it wreck his form trying to sort the team out?

I don't think that was the case, was it? Vaughan was captain all the way through the World Cup because he had come back from injury...

Yes you are right, I think Flintoff was just stripped of the vice captaincy, which amounts to the same thing anyway.

Bringing back Strauss in the ODIs is not a bad idea because we definately need an opener, but he is not in the squad for the West Indies.

We should have picked Strauss when we were in Australia two years ago. How things changes though - a year ago everyone thought his test career was over.

Strauss should get it but i've got no idea about the ODI team. Chances are he'll be back in the side, maybe in the middle order, playing a more Vaugnesque role.

KP has made it very tough for England.

We have enough agression in the middle order that Strauss could fit in. Don't think he'd work in the top 3 which already lacks agression though.

Don't see why we can't consider a bowler for the ODI captaincy though. If they give it to Bell I think I might kill myself, although maybe being a Warwickshire lad he'll bring Trott in. Every could I guess.

Which bowler to give it too? Anderson and Harmy struggle to focus on their bowling alone, Monty and Broad are rookies, Swann is a rookie to the team, Freddie doesn't want captaincy, really just leaves you with Sidebottom.

No believe it or not I support England. Although maybe the captaincy will see him raise his game. Plus if it means getting probably the second best OD batsmen in England into the side maybe it will be worth it in the long run. In fact I'm starting to come round to the idea. :D

I would go for Strauss. Vaughan for another spell would not be a bad choice. But I had really high expectations of KP, and its all come crashing down.

Users who are viewing this thread