Story npower Tests, Natwest Series, Natwest Challenge

Great presentation again especially how you made the final screenshot look like it was taken from sky sports. Unlucky to lose but i am pretty sure you will be in the final.

well lets hope so. India do have a game in hand. If Australia beat India at Southampton (anything can happen since I autoplay the non-england matches), then the aussies are through and the england and india will fight it out for the other spot.

INDIA v AUSTRALIA at the ROSE BOWL, SOUTHAMPTON (AUTOPLAYED)
Conditions: Overcast, Mild and good chance of rain.
Pitch: Green. Very bowler friendly conditions.
Teams:
Australia
M Hayden
A Gilchrist (wk)
R Ponting (capt)
D Martyn
A Symonds
I Harvey
C White
A Bichel
J Gillespie
B Lee
G McGrath

India
S Tendulkar
V Sehwag
S Ganguly (capt)
V Laxman
R Dravid (wk)
Y singh
A Agarkar
I Pathan
H Singh
Z Khan
L Balaji

The Toss: Saurav Ganguly won the toss and elected to field first.

Result: Australia beat India by 25 runs (D/L method)

Due to rain interruptions the match was reduced to a 28 overs a side match.

Australia 195-4 (28 Overs)
M. Hayden 43(41)
A. Gilchrist 42(45)
I. Harvey 28*(15)

Z. Khan 3/35

India 170-7 (28 Overs)
S. Ganguly 34(38)
V. Laxman 30(30)

G. McGrath 2/30
J. Gillespie 2/30
I. Harvey 2/32

Man of the Match: Ian Harvey

Austraia - 5 points, India - 1 point

With this win, Australia have already qualified for the final at Lords. England and India will battle it out it out for the other spot. However England just need 2 points from their remaining two games to reach the finals.

surely now england must be through because the maximum amount of points India can get is 6 and then they will have 9 but england would still have 13, good luck anyway.

Come on England - surely India are doomed against the might of Harmison, Flintoff etc ;) :p

i forgot that there are 6 games i thought this was the last one, well if england defeat india they are definetly out then surely.

no flintoff, he has an injury and hence has missed all of the natwest series matches. he might even miss the early part of the ashes test series vs australia which start after the natwest series. the point is to get him back fully fit.

Good luck on getting to the final and with you Ashes Tour, im not doing to badly on mine but havent actually faced the aussies yet, so we'll see, keep up the good work!!

Australia announce 16 man squad for the Ashes.

Ricky Ponting (Captain)
Adam Gilchrist (V Captain) (Wk)
Matthew Hayden
Justin Langer
Damien Martyn
Darren Lehmann
Simon Katich
Michael Clarke
Andrew Symonds
Shane Warne
Jason Gillespie
Brad Williams
Glen McGrath
Brett Lee
Cameron White
Michael Kasprowicz

England to announce squad for the 1st Test AFTER the NatWest Series.

Last edited:
Hey the match between India and England at Leeds has started and India who were made to bat first on a green wicket by Michael Vaughan, have slumped to 76-5 after 26 overs. James Anderson who is making his first appearance for England in this tournament picked up the prize wicket of Sachin Tendulkar. Anderson has replaced Darren Gough.

Full details and screens will be posted at the end of India's innings.

Please Note that I will be using Ravi's v1 ODI patch for all the remaining matches including this one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread