Story npower Tests, Natwest Series, Natwest Challenge

thanks jonah and gas, and yes that partnership between bell and pieterson saved england. but at the end the likes of jones and blackwell did not perform to expectation.

anyways the bad news is that australia have won this match by six wickets and with four balls to spare (D/L method). tha match wasnt actually as close as it looks. i managed to concede just 2 runs off the last three overs, otherwise the aussies needed something like 3 runs to win in 24 balls.
i will post the full details along with the trademark bbc match report tomorrow morning.

another great match shame England loss again but at least you picked up some points against India what does the points taable look like at this point in time

yes I will put up the updated points table soon....anyways in brief it is 1. England - 6pts, 2. Australia - 5 pts, 3. India - 1 pt

I dont think that india will make it to the final i reckon that it will be England v Australia, whats the next match great tour by the way.

Score Update
Australia 199-4 (37.2 Overs)
D. Martyn 71*(87)
A. Symonds 20*(14)
M. Clarke 57(90)

S. Harmison 2-38
D. Gough 1-33

AUSTRALIA WIN BY SIX WICKETS (D/L METHOD)
MAN OF THE MATCH: GLEN MCGRATH

As a result of a rain interruption the second innings was reduced to 38 overs. By the D/L method Australia would have to score 199 runs in 38 overs to win the match and the same in 30.4 overs to win the bonus point. England can have upto three bowlers bowl a maximum of 8 overs, and the remaining a maximum of 7 overs.

Hayden decided to go hammer and tongs from the word go, and he hit Hoggard for six over long on , on the very first ball. However this eventually led to his own downfall, as he was caught by Gough off Harmison in the just 4th over. Harmison then picked up a second, when he had captain Ricky Ponting caught at Short Mid on by Andrew Strauss. And then Australia found themselves in unwanted trouble when Adam Gilchrist was run out for just 11. Australia at this stage were 38-3 in 6 overs. But then a well placed and well planned partnership between Damien Martyn and Michael Clarke brought Australia back into the game. They milked the English bowlers for singles, twos and hit the odd boundary as well. Michael Clarke made 57 before being caught by Vaughan off Gough. But Martyn who finished unbeaten on 71 and Symonds who finished unbeaten on 20, guided Australia to a rather comfortable six wicket victory over England.

pic12.jpg

pic13.jpg

pic14.jpg

pic15.jpg

pic16.jpg

pic17.jpg

pic18.jpg

pic19.jpg

Last edited:
Updated points table in HTML format...........thanks ravi for enabling htm and html uploads

Attachments

• table2.html
    5.4 KB · Views: 32
great stories

Hi!. m_vaughan your stories are great I can see, I am new to this forum and have got this on PS2, but i'm getting the PC version this week and i'm hoping to do a couple of stories myself.

Re: great stories

Originally posted by WCC_bowler
Hi!. m_vaughan your stories are great I can see, I am new to this forum and have got this on PS2, but i'm getting the PC version this week and i'm hoping to do a couple of stories myself.

thanks mate!! and looking forward to your stories!!

Probably the best stories on this site. Will you be doing a county season after this mr vaughan?

Users who are viewing this thread