Story npower Tests, Natwest Series, Natwest Challenge

hi .... must say m_vaughan ... I am very new to this site .... but I do enjoy your stories ...... great stuff !!

thanks mate

anyways some importance notice. As you know I am moving to Dubai on Wednesday, and I dont think I'll get a chance to play the game before thursday evening, even though I will be carrying the laptop with me, and maybe at the airport if I am in the mood I might play a few overs.

However I have completed the England innings (Australia won the toss and elected to field first at Old Trafford), and England have scored 237-9 in 50 Overs, with Ian Bell top scoring with 73. Full details, screens and the scorecards will be posted on Thursday or Friday hopefully.

Originally posted by Ste
Hope the move goes smoothly! Dont let the x-ray scanners in the airport ruin your save games!

Good point mate!I'll upload my current sav file here as backup.

I have also backed-up my roster.pak, cricket_pc.gob and user.sav files in rar format.

good luck vaughan!! shifting permanently??

rahul i've moved here for atleast four years. I have yet to get internet connection at my house, and only after I get that will I be able to upload the screens and continue with my story. Till then I'll have to use this local netcafe. But hopefully I'll get the internet connection by sunday. sorry for this halt.

TEAM INDIA DROP CAPTAIN GANGULY

Indian captain Saurav Ganguly today announced that he will not play in the 3rd Natwest ODI against the Australians at Taunton. Saurav Ganguly has been in poor form for quite a long time now, and his dropped catch of Andrew Strauss at Edgbaston effectively cost India the match. Saurav Ganguly will be replaced by Rohan Gavaskar, and Rahul Dravid will captain the side in the match.

However Ganguly refused rumours that he would lose his captaincy and his place in the side if India fails to make it the Natwest finals. He said he was just taking some time off, and will come back into the side as the captain of the side, when it is best suited for his team.

Thanks to who ever who invented the CD writer and CD-R, I have managed to upload all the screens of the England innings.

So here they are!

The NatWest Series
2nd ODI
England v Australia
Old Trafford, Manchester, England

Welcome to Old Trafford for this second Natwest Series match between England and Australia. The biggest rivalry in world cricket, and both teams want to win this game to get into a strong position to get into the Natwest series final.
manchester.jpg

Conditions: Its a dark and gloomy day here at Manchester. There is a high chance of rain, and it is also pretty cool and chilly out in the middle. The players will have to be well wrapped up.
conditions.jpg

Pitch: The pitch is a good one, with normal bounce. However the overhead conditions favour the bowlers.
pitch.jpg

The Toss: Ricky Ponting won the toss and elected to field first.

The Teams:
ENGLAND
No changes from the first game. Obviously no Flintoff and Trescothick, who are both injured.
teameng.jpg

teamengland.jpg

AUSTRALIA
Cameron White makes his ODI debut after failing to get into the starting lineup in the ICC Champions Trophy.
teamaus.jpg

teamaustralia.jpg

Score Update
England 237-9 (50 Overs)
M. Hoggard 12*(23)
S. Harmison 0*(0)
I. Bell 73(90)
A. Strauss 42(46)
K. Pieterson 42(51)

G. McGrath 3/43
A. Symonds 3/55

AUSTRALIA NEED 238 RUNS TO WIN AT 4.76 RPO
TO WIN BONUS POINT AUSTRALIAN NEED TO SCORE 238 RUNS FROM 40 OVERS AT 5.95 RPO

A disciplined bowling performance from the Australians. England got off to a flashy start with both openers playing shorts with ease. However they could not maintain the good start, as the Aussie bowlers started to find their rhythmn. Robert Key was the first person to be dismissed, caught by Harvey off Gillespie. The McGrath who had been hit for 24 runs in his first three overs, dismissed Strauss, Vaughan and Collingwood and finished with figures of 3-43 in 10 overs. When Vaughan was dismissed, England were 89-4. However a 84 run partnership between Bell and Pieterson took England to a much comfortable position. The Australians kept it very tight though, and England had to earn every run. Pieterson was the next to go, unlucky to be run out. Geraint Jones and Ian Blackwell failed to score many runs and were dismissed for 6 and 12 respectively. Ian Bell was the best English batsman scoring 73 from 90 deliveries. Darren Gough managed just 5 before being caught behind by a flying Gilchrist. England finished on 237-9 in 50 Overs, setting Australia a very getable target of 238. Had it not been for that 4th wicket partnership between Bell and Pieterson, England wouldnt even have managed to reach 200.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

Another realistic-looking scorecard there vaughanie; you're going to have to bowl well to restrict those Aussies and win this one:) .

Well......there has a been a shower (pretty much expected), and a considerable amount of time has been lost due to this shower. However it has stopped raining for the past 10 mins, and the umpires are getting ready to restart play. Unless there are more interruptions, we will have 38 overs.

So the by the D/L method Australia need to score 199 runs in 38 overs. To win the bonus point they have to score 199 runs in 30.4 overs.

excellent recovery after the usual england mid innings collapse :)

Users who are viewing this thread