Nrl 2009

creagh.gif

Hahahaha, classic.

What a crap week for tipping 3 out of 8 :( Had a feeling the Eels would win, if I knew Smith and Finch were out I would have changed my tip.

Haha, whatever you want to call him he's the form player of the comp. Big game for us in New Zealand followed up by Melbourne at Jubilee. Should be good.

The Return of Tahu

Timana Tahu quits rugby union to return to the NRL with the Eels
By Josh Massoud
July 22, 2009

Rugby Union convert Timana Tahu will return to the NRL next season after agreeing to a three-year deal with his old club Parramatta this week.

Tahu and the Eels finalised negotiations on Monday, with the shock switch to be formally announced later this week.

The 29-year-old finished his rugby league career at Parramatta in 2007 after signing a four-year deal with the ARU worth nearly $2 million.

But the switch has not been an enjoyable one for the Newcastle junior, who has spent much of this year?s Super 14 competition on the bench for the Waratahs and failed to claim a start with the Wallabies.

Speculation arose earlier this season that Tahu was poised to join the Roosters, but he denied a return to league was on the cards.

Unbeknown to most, however, was a get-out clause in his ARU contract that enabled Tahu to leave at the end of this season.

He has decided to exploit that clause with Parramatta.

His signing is a further coup for the club, which recently snared representative props Justin Poore and Shane Shackleton and has began negotiations to wrap up in-form superstar Jarryd Hayne for another three years.

-- Fox Sports News

Big news. He's was wasted show much in Union. It's great to have him back.

I don't know why the NRL takes these guys back for. If they want to leave for money don't let them come back when they flop in Union.

Last edited:
had a go at the NRL Ladder predictor and here is what my top 8 looked like:
(nrl ladder predictor: NRL Ladder Predictor - NRL.com)
1. Dragons
2. Bulldogs
3. Storm
4. Titans
5. Sea Eagles
6. Knights
7. Cowboys
8. Broncos

Tahu was always an exciting player. Anbody remember when after he scored a try he slammed dunked the ball over the crossbar?

Tipped Canberra - you boys better not let me down. Too often Ive tipped against them when at home and they win but it always seems that when I tip Canberra they get off to a decent start but end up losing. The Tigers are useless away though so I'm hoping you roll them, syl.

Users who are viewing this thread