Story Oceania Premier League:***End of Story!***

Who are you backing in the OPL Grand Final?

• Total voters
^You see clapping icon and the facepalm icon side by side?
So in a hurry I mistakenly clicked on it instead of the clapping icon.:p

^You click on those icons? I just type 'em :yes

Great writing and presentation again JC! KUTGW!

Can't believe this has almost run it's course! It's nice to see you using a few of my materials and layout. Incredible story using the best game out there.

The Eagles are in the driving seat at the moment. Sachin and Styris will be the key batsmen.

Trev, I agree man. Gameplay is fantastic. Not any mods though for it. JC, you mind providing me some mods for the game if you have?

Eagles Innings: Overs 11-15

OPLTV.png

Oceania Premier League
Sponsored by Coca Cola
Grand Final
Southern Stallions v Northern Eagles
AMI Stadium, Christchurch

Overs 11-15: Tendulkar and Styris Crank it Up despite struggling Vincent

Vincent finds it difficult to force the pace
1-2.png

Vincent can't get bat on ball; is rapt on the back pad by McCullum; Is given out and doesn't refer - plumb

Amit Mishra continued after a promising first over, and immediately had Vincent in trouble. After a few wild swipes across the line which failed to connect, Vincent could only scrape a french cut two, and two other streaky singles.

Tendulkar looked markedly more comfortable against the persistent but relatively gentlre spin of McCullum, but soon he lost the strike and subsequently lost his partner. Vincent went to the slog sweep to try to release some pressure but was hit on the back pad and it looked dead. Sensibly he didn't even blink before walking off to the pavilion - Hawkeye confirmed that it was as plumb as you get.

Tendulkar and Styris rebuild in style
2-1.png

Tendulkar blasts Mishra for six; Styris follows suit over long off; McCullum is given the same treatment from the little master

However, the departure of Vincent seemed to reinvigorate the innings as Styris joined Tendulkar, and together they began an assault on the Stallions' spinners. Several powerful blows down the ground and over cover - often against the spin - not only demonstrated their expert skill but more importantly allowed the Eagles to take the ascendancy.

Styris takes command
3-1.png

Styris lifts McCullum over the top; hits inside out over cover for another boundary; both batsmen used their feet to great effect

It was quite some tribute to Styris that he was able to outshine Tendulkar for a brief couple of overs - the little master was content with taking singles and feeding his partner the strike, as Styris used the depth of his crease both ways to manufacture boundaries. McCullum continued to leak runs and Mishra ended his spell somewhat worse than he began it, as the score moved smoothly over the 100 mark and well beyond. The Eagles now need to go at 10 an over, but with the pair at the crease going as they are, anything is possible.

After 7 Overs
Northern Eagles: 116/3
Tendulkar 38 off 33, Styris 19 off 14
Mishra 4-0-25-1, McCullum 3-0-26-1
The Northern Eagles require 51 runs from 5 overs with 7 wickets in hand

After 7 Overs

I guess you mean after 15 overs? :)

Can't really pick the winner at the moment, Northern Eagles certainly have the upper hand but then in t20, we never know, just 2 or 3 wickets can change the match.

Excellent update as usual. :)

Chasing 51 from 5 overs with 7 wickets in hand is possible! Moreover, Sachin is still on the crease.

51 to win off 5 should be easy now. JC, don't spoil it now for Eagles! :p

Users who are viewing this thread