Story Oceania Premier League:***End of Story!***

Who are you backing in the OPL Grand Final?

• Total voters
Grand Final, SOE: Eagles bat first

OPLTV.png

Oceania Premier League
Sponsored by Coca Cola
Grand Final
Southern Stallions v Northern Eagles
AMI Stadium, Christchurch

Eagles Bat First in Super Over Eliminator

The Eagles have won the coin toss and will bat first: Shane Bond will bowl for Stallions, while Sachin Tendulkar, Martin Guptill, and Kane Williamson will bat for the Eagles.

Graphics1.png

Ball 1: SB to ST, One run: Tendulkar goes down on one knee and plonks Bond over square leg but there's a fielder roving the boundary, they'll just get 1! An audacious stroke, but Bond put it in the slot for the stroke so in a sense it was warranted, more so if he had cleared the man. What can he follow it up with here...

Ball 2: SB to MG, Four runs: Fantastic shot from Guptill, he gives himself room and smashes it over point. A nice strong hit through the line.

Ball 3: SB to MG, One run: Bond finds the block hole - it's a touch wide so Guptill can squirt it wide of point for a single. Tendulkar is now on strike and is looking surprisingly pumped.

Graphics2.png

Ball X: SB to ST, Wide: Bond goes for the fast, wide yorker but it is rather wide and Tendulkar barely raises his eyebrows and lets it go. The umpire does raise his eyebrows and doesn't let it go - Bond will have to bowl that one again.

Ball 4: SB to ST, Four runs: Tendulkar takes a step across to the off side and carts this one over straightish mid wicket for a one bounce four, bisecting the men at cow corner and long on. Bond is really under the pump and hasn't responded well so far - still two balls to go.

Ball 5: SB to ST, Dot ball: Well, he responds beautifully now. Probably the ball of the match. This one swings back in late and dramatically so, actually going through between Tendulkars legs as he falls over trying to hit it. It's not a wicket but it's a ball to tell the grandchildren about, for sure.

Graphics3.png

Ball 6: SB to ST, Four runs: And the little master has the last word. A quite amazing stroke, we've seen Tendulkar employ the paddle scoop well against spinners but with less regularity against the pacemen - and Bond is certainly not one to take too many physical risks against. As it is though, it came off beautifully and will carry the Eagles into the field with some momentum...

Northern Eagles: 15/0
Tendulkar 9 off 4, Guptill 5 off 2
Bond 1-0-15-0
The Southern Stallions require 16 runs to win

Its become difficult now. 16 runs is way too big a target for Super Over that too in a Grand Finale

Anything can happen. Well, Sachin played really well.

Can't predict the Champions yet.

One doubt, will there be any special toss for super over? I read somewhere that the ones batting second in the main match will get to bat first without any toss, if I;m not wrong!

16 will be too much for Stallions to score, I hope they'll score it! Vettori must do the proceedings for Eagles and I'm sure he can defend 16 easily:thumbs!

Grand Final, Super Over: Stallions bat

OPLTV.png

Oceania Premier League
Sponsored by Coca Cola
Grand Final
Southern Stallions v Northern Eagles
AMI Stadium, Christchurch

Stallions Pursue OPL Title

Tim Southee will bowl the over for the Eagles, while Brendon McCullum, Nathan McCullum and Eoin Morgan will bat for the Stallions

Southee.png

Southee has left the long off, cover and third man boundaries relatively unprotected

Graphics1-1.png

Ball X: TS to BM, Wide: With the majority of his protection on the leg side, Southee is obviously intending to bowl very straight, but on this occassion he's slipped too far down the leg side and Brendon McCullum couldn't keep up with it.

Ball 1: TS to BM, Four runs: McCullum goes over cover in style, easily finding the gap between deep point and the extra-cover sweeper for a one bounce for. Still 11 to win but anything is achievable when McCullum is on-song like this.

Ball 2: TS to BM, Four runs: Southee hits the block hole but McCullum is up to the challenge - this is a dream battle for NZ viewers, as Southee has been renowned for bowling yorkers, and McCullum has been the star of scooping them for runs. Here McCullum comes off and gets four wide of fine leg. Suddenly the Eagles' total doesn't look so imposing.

Graphics2-1.png

Ball 3: TS to BM, Six runs: WHAT A SHOT from Brendon McCullum. Southee backed himself with the bouncer and it was well directed but McCullum has leant inside it and smashed for an absolutely huge six over point. The deep point fielder thought he was in with a show for a while but it sailed well over him. McCullum has now amassed 15 runs from the first 3 balls and is looking like leading his team to victory - another run will do it, but the title could still be shared.

Ball 4: TS to BM, Dot Ball: A fine reply from Southee here, hes holding his nerve brilliantly. Not quite as spectacular as Bond's yorker to Tendulkar, but bang on target and all McCullum can do is dig it out to short mid wicket. Good field placing from Vettori. Still only 1 required from 2 balls, the Stallions can already sniff this.

Ball 5: TS to BM, OUT: SURELY THERE'S NOT ANOTHER TWIST IN THIS GAME!? McCullum misses, Southee hits! The Stallions' skipper was eyeing the gap between fine leg and deep square with this slog sweep but it has played into Southee's hands. Another straight ball from Southee and after a few ill directed deliveries earlier, Vettori and Southee's plan may be paying off.

Eoin Morgan will be the new batsman to face the final, crucial ball of the inaugural OPL - interestingly, for some reason or another, he has decided to use his new Slazenger gear for this ball, rather than the Kookaburra gear he used in the Stallions' main innings. Vettori has brought all his men up but left cow corner out three-quarters of the way out to the boundary, as a catcher. If Morgan scores a run, the tournament belongs to the Stallions. A dot ball or wicket will give the game to the Eagles. What a tournament this has proven to be!

anigif.gif

Ball 6: TS to EM: Morgan is hit on the pad, and there's a huge appeal! All the Eagles players go up as Morgan and Nathan McCullum scamper through for a single, the ball forgotten. The umpire is taking a long hard look, as he should - his decision will decide the tournament! Remember there's no referrals in Super Overs, the umpire's decision stands. If he gives it, the match is a tie but if he doesn't, the leg bye which the batsmen scampered through for will win them the match! What will it be?

So much suspense! You really are fantastic with animations.

To me it looks like the ball could be going down leg but I can't really tell.

Wow, I'll repeat what I said earlier, this game is alive till the last ball is bowled! Great storyline there, JC!

I have a strong feeling that Morgan is out. :spy

Wow! What a match this has turned out to be. We yet can't decided who are CHAMPIONS. I think, the ball is going down the leg-side but what if umpire is Steve Bucknor!?! :D

Anyways, Great way to represent JC! :thumbs

I feel JC will end the match here! Great end to a great great tournament (with great great great jerseys:p).
Ireally feel this concept of OPL should be bought in in real life as well:thumbs!

Users who are viewing this thread