ODI Quadrangular Series (Ireland)

jeromedascorp

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
So is there a difference between being given Full ODI Status and being on the rankings for the ODI Championship? Because Kenya has been on there since it was introduced and now the Irish are on as well.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
So is there a difference between being given Full ODI Status and being on the rankings for the ODI Championship? Because Kenya has been on there since it was introduced and now the Irish are on as well.

Yes. Despite what some lazy sections of the media thought, Ireland had full ODI status (on a temporary basis) before they ever appeared on the main table.

jeromedascorp

Club Cricketer
I understand that. I read that the top 6 associates have it till 09. But does being on the table mean they have permanent full odi status?

jeromedascorp

Club Cricketer
That really clears things up but now I am confused about Kenya. They enter each world cup without having to qualify. On what basis do they do that?

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
That really clears things up but now I am confused about Kenya. They enter each world cup without having to qualify. On what basis do they do that?

At the time, they were given permanent ODI status. Obviously, they no longer have that.

Today's match was rained off, with Scotland on 71/5. Ryan ten Doeschate took 3/25.

cricketmad09

International Coach
Disappointing Morgan couldnt go on and make a big total against a test playing nation. Would have been great for his confidence, his development and for Irish cricket in general.

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Ireland should make 200 here...Niall O'Brien 70no with Trent Johnston on 24 O'Brien looks to be a quality player good thing Northants signed him.

Users who are viewing this thread