ODI/Test Series- Australia vs Bangladesh (brad352 vs madmattg)

Ok heres the match report at present.

Bangladesh walked onto the field knowing that a performance greater than their team looks on paper was needed.

Battling the greatest cricket nation in the world at present, world cup winners records that are forever increasing and new heights being set everyday.

Could they produce a match to end all matches.

From the outset it would seem not.

Mcgrath and lee bowling line and length than was not only tight but beautiful in its flawless design set Bangladesh realing with wicket after wicket being bowled. No not just bowled clean bowled.

The stumps flying as each batsman walked out to only turn around and head back to the dressing room.

The first boundary took 8.5 overs to come, with a magnificent square cut from Khaled Mashud. The man opened his shoulders and in the next over hit another four and then a six. Then a square cut went to hands only to be dropped. Lee was furious a yorker dot ball the outside off whack a four..... no again straight to hand and this time held.

As Khaled Mashud left the field chasing a mammoth total Bangladesh are 6/61 of 10

Khaled Mahud 18
Hosain 15

Bowlers

Mcgrath 5overs 3/27
Lee 5 overs 3/34

Match continues tomorrow after work.

Are you still sure you want Bangladesh? Well, your run rate's good anyway- and you've hit more sixes than I did :D

Yeah I will survive with Bangladesh.

Man I couldnt even hit a four, only reason I hit the six is because I lashed out trying to hit a four.

These will be hard matches but as I said I play them realistically if I get out its out, so if buts or maybes.

Just makes it alot harder with Bangladesh.

I will still chase hard at your total but a bit more cautiously I think.

Hayden only had 1 four when he brought up his hundred, the only time I played any slog shots were in the last 15 overs hence the minor collapse but increased run rate- Tim did his job well :)

20 OVER MATCH REPORT

Heres the second 10 before work.

With the introduction of Gillespie combining with Lee, Ponting must have wondered what he hda done wrong. Still persisting with the combination may be a mistake Australia will later regret.

Will Gilchrest to date have missed 3 Caught Behind opportunities with the ball seemingly going straight through his hand or in one instance over his head, with out so much as an attempt, the second 10 overs has breathed hope into Bangaldesh.

As Gillespie bowled a very poor line Khaled Mashmud unleashed, hitting not only fours but 2 sixs before his untimely dismissal for 45 of only 23 balls. Four fours and 2 sixs to boot.

With a 99 run second 10 Bangaldesh satnd at

7/160 with a run rate required now below 6 and an attainable 5.47.

Without wickets in hand it will still be a task but will the bowling of Gillespie and the failing line of Lee hope is still there.

Mashrafe and Rafique are living it up with confidence building and a strange game at hand.

Bangladesh 7/160 of 20 Overs.

Mashmud 45(23)
Mushrafe 30(27) four fours
Rafique 30(22) three sixs

Bowlers

Mcgrath 3/35 of 6
Lee 4/74 of 9
Gillespie 0/54 of 5

Good work Matt- good luck for the rest of the game. What shots did you play to hit the sixes?

The ball was placed off stumps about a metre out of the crease so I did a power advance cover drive.

Right Hand left diagonal down

Left Hand right diagoanl down

Think thats a cover drive.

Gillespie was so meaty in his diliveries. I basically waited for the bad ball and punished him away. As the score ticked up Lee's bowling went to sh*t as well.

The fours were lucky as well leg glances all of them.

Cant believe Gilchrest he has missed so many oppotunities.

All in all Australia could have had another 4 wickets and its only 20 overs in.

The ball was placed off stumps about a metre out of the crease so I did a power advance cover drive.
Yeah, thought so- the power leg glance is the same, I just don't play them because they're almost guaranteed sixes.

Never do the leg glance one, but I have also tried it and nailed it into the hands of a fielder.

Rafique does it as a left hander, but thats about it.

I can not do it if you think its too easy.

I just play the game that the patch allows. The ball is so meaty it deserves to be smashed.

Up to you?

You can do what you want, but the only reason you can play it is because Tim overlooked it when he made the patch- it shouldn't be easy.

Users who are viewing this thread