ODI Tri-Series (Malaysia)

That's about 20 overs lost now.

If the West Indies innings was reduced to 30 overs, India would probably need to take at least 4 wickets.

If they got closer to 40 overs, the Windies would be able to play relatively conservatively, even for the loss of 4 wickets (90 runs in 20 overs).

Pretty close to being in the bag.

If they come back out, it won't be for any more than 10 overs, I dare say.

Wait, no. Barely 5 overs considering what they said on Cricinfo.

Ah Windies were pretty lucky there. Must of been an amazing innings by Sachin, looks like he is back.

40 ODI hundreds :D

What a fantastic feat to achieve.

Probably scored 5,000 runs in hundreds alone in ODi cricket, maybe even more.

nightprowler10 said:
That's what I thought two days ago :p Although India doesn't have the bowling attack to dismiss the Windies like that.

God I hate this D/L method with a passion. I'm sure India would have won, WI were allready 2 wickets down, one wicket could change the situation.

Brilliant innings from Sachin

I think it was a pretty fair result in the end. WIndies were going well so who knows. I think it was just as likely to be over in another 20 overs as it was that the WIndies might throw it away. A win for India against Aus would be good to keep the series nice and tight.

Drewska said:
Ah Windies were pretty lucky there
Well if you have to pick a man to match a big Sachin Tendulkar innings, surely Brian Lara would be in your thoughts. They were certainly on target.

Probably a fair enough result. Like I said, the way Windies were playing, they would've won anyway barr a collapse like in the last match. But again, India's bowling attack isn't as impressive as Australia's.

I think India's bowling lost them the match.
Had they kept the Windies under check it could have been dsifferent.
All the more, i don't think India would be too unhappy with the way they lost.Infact they might not even be considering it as a loss.

Further,I think if India were to win against Australia,it would really throw the series wide open.
Let's wait and watch.

iceman_waugh said:
I think India's bowling lost them the match.
Had they kept the Windies under check it could have been dsifferent.
All the more, i don't think India would be too unhappy with the way they lost.Infact they might not even be considering it as a loss.

Further,I think if India were to win against Australia,it would really throw the series wide open.
Let's wait and watch.
The Aussies were pretty average in the last game. But they dont need to be at their 100% best to win matches.

Right you are
Aussies were average,definately.

They also fielded a second XI.
I dont think they'll make that mistake aginst India though.

Bowlers went for 450 runs in 70 overs despite the pitch being unpredictable. But good to watch and a fair result.

India is doing an excellent job in promoting cricket in other countries. Not only did they foot the bill on the stadium upgrades but are also paying Aus. and WI for their appearences. I think India should be comended for their efforts. Spreading the geographical boundries can only be good for the game. This should also be a que to countires like Aus. and Eng. to carry out similar initiatives. I am not sure why they have not done anything.

Users who are viewing this thread