Official Apology from AC13 officials

plodder

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Too little too late.

Even in their apology they aren't being truthful, they clearly could have informed customers significantly earlier about the delay.

Also, their plan for re-engaging the community is basically what proper developers like Sports Interactive and Big Ant do as standard.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Colin, did you hear anything back from Chief/Jamie? And were you able to get any explanation about fiasco that was AC 13 preview event from 505 Games?

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hope 505 is not pulling a Duke Nukem Forever on us :noway

LegBreakGoogly

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As far as I'm concerned, I was pleasantly surprised that they released an apology. It is a step in the right direction as they are acknowledge their past mistakes and once again have opened the communication channels. However given the elapsed time between the announcement of the delay and the apology is worrying, as it leads me to question whether this "apology" is just a measure to counter the negative feedback receive since the delay rather than a sincere heartfelt apology.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I hope 505 is not pulling a Duke Nukem Forever on us :noway

That has to be the most likely result of any cricket video game based on the recent track record. So far we've had Cricket Life, EA Cricket 2009, Trine Cricket 2010 go under and BAC on the fringes for the past 4-5 years. Safest approach to take with a cricket video game is to believe it when you get the game in your hands.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, I understand. I've almost given up now. I'd rather be surprised in games shop browsing for games and spotting a new cricket game there, than follow these upcoming games only to feel betrayed everytime.

Last edited:

WillHop

School Cricketer
This is a nice thing to do but it can't undo the damage that has already been done. Too little too late I suppose, it won't change my opinion and the odds are I still won't buy the game but at least they are saying something.

nahid

Club Captain
If they would of be honest from the beginning then nothing would of happened by then! And its really late to apologies, basically the herm is done. But still the apologies is accepted ! Now make us happy with some visual and a PROPER release date :)

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Look, unless this game (which no one has seen or played) turns out to be a heap of dung, we're all going to buy it along with BAC. So let's get down off the high horses and do what we always do. Wait and hope that this time the game will not be a disappointment and will be worth waiting for.
No one is more cynical than myself about the video game market but hope springs eternal.:yes

Very true dude, I enjoyed ic2010 and look forward to this game when it does release next month.:lol

virtuosovidit

School Cricketer
During this phase of official apology and release, their first aim should be to release a 'gameplay' video as soon as possible to give some confidence to the customers. A Q&A session with Mike Fegan won't help half as much as a gameplay video would.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Another Gambiance Cricket Life in the making here.Ashes 2013,i doubt if it will come anytime soon.Anyways good luck.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Yeah, I understand. I've almost given up now. I'd rather be surprised in games shop browsing for games and spotting a new cricket game there, than follow these upcoming games only to feel betrayed everytime.

Yup, as my signature says "Seeing is believing and talk is cheap." Maybe I should add another clich? in "Action speaks louder than words" :p

I've spent my AC 2013 cash on a horse racing game!! Bizarre I know....but maybe all of the waiting for AC 2013 has psychologically damaged me? :eek:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I've spent my AC 2013 cash on a horse racing game!! Bizarre I know....but maybe all of the waiting for AC 2013 has psychologically damaged me? :eek:

Must be some serious damage for you to go with such a left field genre/title :D

I didn't even know horse racing games were available... but at the same time it shows that horse racing has games in the market but not cricket :(

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It is nice to read an apology. As you say a little disappointing that we had to read it on their facebook page.
I find it interesting that there is no mention at all of Chief in that statement.

Users who are viewing this thread