Official Apology from AC13 officials

It is nice to read an apology. As you say a little disappointing that we had to read it on their facebook page.
I find it interesting that there is no mention at all of Chief in that statement.

Which can mean one of two things... either Jamie walked away on his own or he was sidelined. Did you manage to connect with either Jamie or hear back from 505 Games regarding the delay?

I very much doubt he walked away. It's all speculation anyway.

As I said it's all reading between the lines as IMO someone from development (Mike Fegan) should not be interfacing with the consumers. That should be the role of the game producer.

Well Mike Fegan is the CEO so he can do what he likes.

Except the apology and statement about the new communication protocol was made by 505 Games, which would mean game producer would manage the communication if you will, supported by Mike Fegan. But taking out Chief altogether in that statement means something is not right.

After reading about court battle they are trying to drag Ross in, I've just 2 words for them: "Ghanta Case". My sub-continentaly friends can understand this better ;).

Its business mate,No one walks away in it...Most probably he is sidelined

You will be surprised. Sometimes it's mutually beneficial for you to walk away in the long run. Ever heard of forced resignations?

Anyone who pays for something that hasn't been released is a fool regardless of what they're consuming.

Sainsbury's don't say they've created a new sandwich that redefines the way we eat them. Then promptly ask everyone to pay for it ahead of it's release in a few months.

People who put down pre-order money before a game is even released are nearly always tools. It's not like this is a game that came with awesome pre-order bonuses on a dead-cert of a franchise. This was a tricky (heh) project to get right in a market where maybe only 4 games have ever really got close to getting right previously over a 20 year period!

Then people start talking as though their entire life has been effected because some luxury item they didn't need to pay for doesn't actually exist. Never mind the people who's actual livelihoods are pinned on the development of the game. Or... actually... meh, I could go on for too long on this.

Is it me or am I the only one who thinks by "rebuilding" they were referring to the development thus far and not rebuilding as in now...?

also the game isn't built from scratch due to the screenshots they released which looked EXACTLY like the old games UNLESS those screenshots were actually taken from the old engine and the new engine is still being worked on etc

anyway still not really sold on this simply because bigant have been doing such a good job

Anyone who pays for something that hasn't been released is a fool regardless of what they're consuming.

Sainsbury's don't say they've created a new sandwich that redefines the way we eat them. Then promptly ask everyone to pay for it ahead of it's release in a few months.

People who put down pre-order money before a game is even released are nearly always tools. It's not like this is a game that came with awesome pre-order bonuses on a dead-cert of a franchise. This was a tricky (heh) project to get right in a market where maybe only 4 games have ever really got close to getting right previously over a 20 year period!

Then people start talking as though their entire life has been effected because some luxury item they didn't need to pay for doesn't actually exist. Never mind the people who's actual livelihoods are pinned on the development of the game. Or... actually... meh, I could go on for too long on this.

If you are planning to purchase the game anyways, nothing wrong with pre-ordering games. If you want to purchase the game based on reviews, you hold off.

By the way it doesn't look like you understand the concept of pre-ordering. You don't actually pay when you pre-order a game. You pay when the game is actually shipped to you. Plus you always have the option to cancel the pre-order anytime you feel like so you don't really lose much.

Again, I don't see what's your point. Are you blaming consumers for developers/publishers' incompetence?

Users who are viewing this thread