Discussion Online Play General Discussion

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah I understand it is very unrealistic not to have the square drive in the game, but somehow I like the game as it is, as anyway Online game is way too biased towards the Batsman and against the Bowlers. It is extremely difficult to get Wickets/Limiting runs against good players in Online mode, now if they make the Square Drive/360 degree shot available and dont make taking wickets more easy it will be blood bath for bowlers. I would rather like Batsman Confidence to play a Major Part when batting and also if you hit the Batsman by a Bouncer or beat him with a good delivery, there is No reward for it (In terms of Batsman Confidence coming down etc)

It's not only about online. Most of the players play offline mode and omission of one of the integral shots of the game is indeed a huge oversight which needs to be fixed in the next iteration. Run scoring is higher in the online games coz most play 5 or 10 overs a side game and you would expect high run rates even if you have real cricket matches of that length.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
It's not only about online. Most of the players play offline mode and omission of one of the integral shots of the game is indeed a huge oversight which needs to be fixed in the next iteration. Run scoring is higher in the online games coz most play 5 or 10 overs a side game and you would expect high run rates even if you have real cricket matches of that length.
Yeah but slogging is made too easy in the game online..

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Played a random match where the guy had only 1 fielder in the circle and everyone were on the boundary line, is this possible , aren't there any field restrictions for the amount of player in and out of the circle??

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Played a random match where the guy had only 1 fielder in the circle and everyone were on the boundary line, is this possible , aren't there any field restrictions for the amount of player in and out of the circle??

In 5 over matches, you can have up to 9 fielders on the boundary after the first 2 powerplay overs are done. But I have also found that some people change the match settings to suit them. For example I played a guy who had allowed more than 2 bouncers an over (probably 4-5 bouncers allowed) and he put in Deep Square Leg, Deep Third Man and Deep Point and kep on bowling bouncers. Max you could get was a single. There was no way for me to adjust as I don't really check the match settings before hand and even if I did I didn't have enough time to change my team to include pacers. Plus my default field settings are not built for such type of bowling and I would have ended conceding the game due to delays if I had to change the field manually to cater to short pitched bowling.

This is very similar to what some people do in FIFA playing with a black colored ball in a dark stadium and counting on the fact they would catch you unawares. You can't really do much unless you create and host your own matches.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
In 5 over matches, you can have up to 9 fielders on the boundary after the first 2 powerplay overs are done. But I have also found that some people change the match settings to suit them. For example I played a guy who had allowed more than 2 bouncers an over (probably 4-5 bouncers allowed) and he put in Deep Square Leg, Deep Third Man and Deep Point and kep on bowling bouncers. Max you could get was a single. There was no way for me to adjust as I don't really check the match settings before hand and even if I did I didn't have enough time to change my team to include pacers. Plus my default field settings are not built for such type of bowling and I would have ended conceding the game due to delays if I had to change the field manually to cater to short pitched bowling.

This is very similar to what some people do in FIFA playing with a black colored ball in a dark stadium and counting on the fact they would catch you unawares. You can't really do much unless you create and host your own matches.
Thanks did not know that as he was the first player I saw who kept most of the players out..

joiaaiaxom

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guys, this is more of a question coming from noob....i have been trying to play DBC cricket 14 online, but whenever i go online and search for matches or tournaments, it just says searching for a long time and nothing happens!!!

Can someone help me understand is that normal that there is no matches to be found or am i doing something wrong?? Many thanks
Same situation here. How to solve the issue?

rtsks

School Cricketer
Cant able to play short pitch slower deliveries from spin and medium, most of the players exploit this condition to get a dirty win, DBC should take necessary steps to solve this issue...

kushari

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cant able to play short pitch slower deliveries from spin and medium, most of the players exploit this condition to get a dirty win, DBC should take necessary steps to solve this issue...

This issue (Minimum bowling Speed for Spinner has been increased) has already been addressed in the latest Patch. I would advise you to improve your skill if you want to play Online, as no will bowl as per your convenience, if its too much to handle, Offline & Career mode is always there.. Another way is to play online against your friends only or people whom you know.

rtsks

School Cricketer
This issue (Minimum bowling Speed for Spinner has been increased) has already been addressed in the latest Patch. I would advise you to improve your skill if you want to play Online, as no will bowl as per your convenience, if its too much to handle, Offline & Career mode is always there.. Another way is to play online against your friends only or people whom you know.
Thanks, do we get an update for PS3 version like PC update released, i am waiting eagerly for the update...

kushari

International Coach
Thanks, do we get an update for PS3 version like PC update released, i am waiting eagerly for the update...

Yes hopefully be early or middle September, the final update will come to Consoles as well..

dsaarun

Club Captain
mr rtks ur complaining of slower pitch spin bowling.u ur self ball those bove 8 m delivery slow medium pacers.Also ur skill playing spin is very poor.

rtsks

School Cricketer
mr rtks ur complaining of slower pitch spin bowling.u ur self ball those bove 8 m delivery slow medium pacers.Also ur skill playing spin is very poor.
Mr.Arunsa,

you are the one who started to exploit game conditions first , I have clearly told you on that day itself by message that if you bowl those slower deliveries i will also do the same.... u have tasted your own medicine now u feel how bad when it comes to slower ball 8 m deliveries, i play fair against players who play fair against me its mutual respect. but player / exploiter of game like u need to be treated in the same way as u did to others/ myself. if you play fair i will also fair, bu the way your batting skills against slow deliveries is very poor and penurious. chicken :D:D:arwk::ar:

dsaarun

Club Captain
Mr rtks I have played so many tournaments and nobody complained about my bowling.The fact that u ball all balls by medium pacers above 8 mts means that u don't ball fairly.Not a single delivery I bowled to u was above 6 mts forget 8mts.Ur complaining about the looing spin bowling but those were also eell within the 6mt mark.U need to improve ur skills.By the was ur in my blocked list now will not play with u again unless u change ur bowling styles that is slower boncers by medium,pacers.

Users who are viewing this thread