Discussion Online Play General Discussion

In Big Ant's defence, I have some wacky user-created fields . We're not trying to play genuine cricket matches, we're just having a tonne of fun... There was definitely connection issues last night, but almost-always we're just setting silly fields, or not bothering at all because, fun.

EDIT:

Upon watching the whole video, I need to vary my length a little more with the spin-bowlers... I kinda get stuck going to my same two or three go-to deliveries. Which is the only issue with the 3 ball over, because you get three balls and bowl the same two you usually do... then try something new with the 3rd.

It's prolly why so many shots were down the ground, to be honest. 3 ball overs make for lots of variety in the bowling side as a bowler, but you tend to get the same deliveries because of my earlier point.

Matt's great a varying his length of delivery, I've got out of the habit of bowling the slower-ball-yorker after a no-ball, thankfully.

...and Matt used to have this stealth ninja bearded spin bowler that would ALWAYS get me out. He's been removed from the team, because he was too funny. Bradman-Biggs who comes in 3rd on my current roster is getting dropped from the side, because he's absolutely terrible. Instead, blue-haired Biggs will make a comeback.

Last edited:
We were having quite a few troubles with connections last night
I think it's just the internet in general, it was around 5pm local time when the match started, so that's probably the worst for congestion. I don't blame the game, I blame Tony Abbott.

Hopefully when BigAnt have a bit more time, they can take a look at Matt's error logs or something, because it was pretty dire when we first started up last night.
As I said, I think you need to get @HBK619 to try and host a game against you with the right team ground set as the home, the crashes I got on a fresh profile make me think it is something weird you've managed to do.

If we host/join a game then we can debug it.

That reads to me like both a challenge and a great online opportunity. I can jump online later this arvo...[DOUBLEPOST=1406850640][/DOUBLEPOST]
I blame Tony Abbott.

Problem solved...

But yeah, I'd almost guarintee it's something weird I've done. My Biggs-Clone team is literally, just Biggs-clones I've downloaded from the academy, although I've gone through them all to give them individual traits so.... Lets stick with Abbott for now.

I was having connection troubles last night too but i think it was steam more than anything. Steam kept going down for me and dale the other night.

well i wouldn't say it's exactly a big deal, but i don't think you need to be wearing your shorts in the shower...
Fair enough... Shortless it is then (Sorry i wasn't familiar with that one)...

It really varies. Matt and I have had incredible connections for most of our games, it's certainly only a recent issue we've been facing so I'm inclined to believe it's most likely not game-based.

I think it's just the internet in general, it was around 5pm local time when the match started, so that's probably the worst for congestion.
This mostly, had an online quick match in the evening yesterday and its the absolute peak internet time here and had those half second delays while fielding and batting, couldn't time runs well but still made a good match of it.
Whereas playing in daytime when there is less congestion online is pretty good, were the delay is less and almost only a very small fraction late than the offline mode.

Users who are viewing this thread