Discussion Online Play General Discussion

I sometimes play a similar style against the AI but 8-ball overs starting at 4pm and unlimited bouncers/ fielders behind square

Yea me too!!! But i play with my hands tied behind my back...

Bouncers yes, especially if playing one of the older Windies teams with 4 good fast bowlers... Behind square sort of but not a body line field as such just if you're playing leg glance/ hooks to the bouncers they obviously pack there until you play a defensive shot or offside shot... The AI field placing is too shit to take advantage of anything

Bouncers yes, especially if playing one of the older Windies teams with 4 good fast bowlers... Behind square sort of but not a body line field as such just if you're playing leg glance/ hooks to the bouncers they obviously pack there until you play a defensive shot or offside shot... The AI field placing is too shit to take advantage of anything
The thing is i tried something like that, ok it was exactly that... It just turned out to be a bummer... The AI did not react to the changes, except maybe bowling the odd extra bouncer after every 3 overs or so... Nonetheless, its been a while and so i've moved on...
However, the main reason i did that was too face loads of short stuff... I would love a pic of your settings if u are regularly facing 4 odd bouncers from the AI per over

Video of the match:

I've just cut out everything between balls - which cut about an hour out of the run time.

Very strange video. Two teams of freaks.
I've never seen the bowler just ignore the ball that is hit straight back to him. I don't think I saw the bowler attempt to stop the ball once. Why is that? It's never happens when I play the game.

Very strange video. Two teams of freaks.
I've never seen the bowler just ignore the ball that is hit straight back to him. I don't think I saw the bowler attempt to stop the ball once. Why is that? It's never happens when I play the game.
Online the bowler rarely stops any well struck straight shots, may be something to do with the latency.

Online the bowler rarely stops any well struck straight shots, may be something to do with the latency.

Is it the same with any close fielder such as silly mid off, silly mid on, short cover, short mid wkt etc.?

may be something to do with the latency.

We were having quite a few troubles with connections last night, I reckon there was about a half-a-second delay after a shot was hit, that hasn't been there before. Matt's copy of the game seems a little dodgy at the moment, ie; He can't host any games with me otherwise his crashes right away. He also can't use the right team/left team ground option so it means no comedy stadium names.

If you check the other videos he's been able to get a caught and bowled and stop a few shots down the ground. The delay also seemed to affect the fielding of the ball as well, with again, about a half a second delay. We kinda just persisted with it and got a great online match out of it...

Hopefully when BigAnt have a bit more time, they can take a look at Matt's error logs or something, because it was pretty dire when we first started up last night.

Is it the same with any close fielder such as silly mid off, silly mid on, short cover, short mid wkt etc.?
Yeah, anyone close to the bat fails to stop the ball but as Biggs says it doesn't happen all the time as sometimes c&b's still happen, must just depend on the connection. It's actually quite nice being able to play straight shots but they are perhaps a little too easy to score from with the bowler not stopping them.

Users who are viewing this thread