Discussion Online Play General Discussion

Yes, as Biggs notes above, this video doesn't exist.

It's a masterful fake, sir... I'll note there's no highlights of my magnificent comeback in the second game, including the @blockerdave approach to chasing your massive total of 18 runs...

I think I need to start recording some games to counter this conspiracy attack on my character. Think of it like the "Secret Mongolian History" document... people will discover it on YouTube and learn the real truth to these matches.

....and also the fact that my edited highlights are a lot shorter.

Watching those Matt v Biggs videos makes me want to go and create my own comedy team just for online play, that voice when they appeal is hilarious. Seen some pretty funny ones already, one guy had The Rock, Barack Obama, Gollum and Michael Jackson among others :p.

Watching those Matt v Biggs videos makes me want to go and create my own comedy team just for online play

@MattW might post a screenshot of the team line-ups, but every time the screen rolls it cracks me up. ...also every-time the commentary says "The Biggton Gamecocks have changed the field slightly"

watching this made me feel like the world's best DBC player

That's the ONE flaw with the Super-Test format, is if you're having a bad day it looks like you've had a REALLY bad day. I've put on plenty of 0/50 innings against him, he's just conveniently not recorded those ones...

I love online, seriously love it now it's fixed. To think I'd be saying that, blows my mind.

EDIT:

The best bet, IMO, which he didn't include... was I was out for 1 run in the first innings, he proceeded to score 2 runs off the first ball, declared, put me into bat, bowled me out first ball and won by an innings...

...a little bit of me died last night. It's great he's left out much of my steam-chat meltdowns.

@MattW might post a screenshot of the team line-ups, but every time the screen rolls it cracks me up. ...also every-time the commentary says "The Biggton Gamecocks have changed the field slightly"

That's the ONE flaw with the Super-Test format, is if you're having a bad day it looks like you've had a REALLY bad day. I've put on plenty of 0/50 innings against him, he's just conveniently not recorded those ones...

I love online, seriously love it now it's fixed. To think I'd be saying that, blows my mind.

EDIT:

The best bet, IMO, which he didn't include... was I was out for 1 run in the first innings, he proceeded to score 2 runs off the first ball, declared, put me into bat, bowled me out first ball and won by an innings...

...a little bit of me died last night. It's great he's left out much of my steam-chat meltdowns.

lol the super test format is indeed great fun - I prefer it to the slogathon that is 5Five online. As you said time to record some of the beatings you dish out

time to record some of the beatings you dish out

...Bradman-Biggs is due a good knock, he was horrible last night. Pink Bearded Biggs earns his selection every time though, devastating with the ball. Especially when he employs Whitehorn-style tactics...

EDIT:

I didn't know about how good the team commentary names editing was... Just spent a few minutes playing around with it howling in laughter after coming up with "The Cricket Association of the under 12's crimson tide"

Urban Dictionary: crimson tide

@MattWthat's the ONE flaw with the Super-Test format, is if you're having a bad day it looks like you've had a REALLY bad day. I've put on plenty of 0/50 innings against him, he's just conveniently not recorded those ones...
To be fair to the supertest format - you also failed miserably at the superdoubletest format where you had two wickets.

I said shhhhhhush.

Played my 1st online match!!! Handed out a humiliating defeat to my opponent :D
Took a hatrick!!! My 1st ever :D

And another humiliating defeat handed out to another online player... :D

Most of the time when I go online it seems that I either play a complete doofus who seems to be holding the controller with their feet, or some sort of cricket god who can launch almost everything to the rope at 15-20 per over...

Five 5 is a horrible format, it rewards complete anti-cricket. I've played one T20 and really enjoyed it but nobody seems to play those with randoms, understandable really as if both teams last the overs you could be there for an hour or so.

I'm eager to try this 'Supertest' invented by Matt at some point, sounds like a nice blend of the test match feeling of protecting your wicket and a short/convenient duration - may have to just add some people on Steam and ask around :p.

Users who are viewing this thread