Discussion Online Play General Discussion

I think Ross might be referencing the fact the ball indicator also shows you line/direction, which isn't calculated until the release, even though the general colour might be at the point of pulling back.

I agree , that bit is not known until release.

But who has the time to actually look at which half of the green indicator is on which end when a ball is hurtling to you at 158.8km/h ? One my PS3 , Ive never even distinguished the difference between the two. They might not be there for online play for all that I know .

For that I look at the actual ball path rather , but I need some pre warning on the length , as thats the first input needed , BEFORE the final input of shot direction , that happens split seconds later than the first movement.

The batting in its current form to me at least , is 90 % perfect , and I just feel that the feet movement is a bit of a juggle . Bear in mind that I excusively play in the fast paced Online T20 arena , so maybe I should rather bow out of that and take the meandering road of a four day County player rather , which to my view would possibly ease the need to pick up the length that bit , because you dont HAVE to score from each ball.

I agree , that bit is not known until release.

But who has the time to actually look at which half of the green indicator is on which end when a ball is hurtling to you at 158.8km/h ? One my PS3 , Ive never even distinguished the difference between the two. They might not be there for online play for all that I know .

For that I look at the actual ball path rather , but I need some pre warning on the length , as thats the first input needed , BEFORE the final input of shot direction , that happens split seconds later than the first movement.

The batting in its current form to me at least , is 90 % perfect , and I just feel that the feet movement is a bit of a juggle . Bear in mind that I excusively play in the fast paced Online T20 arena , so maybe I should rather bow out of that and take the meandering road of a four day County player rather , which to my view would possibly ease the need to pick up the length that bit , because you dont HAVE to score from each ball.

Agreed. There should be a setting in the game which shows you the length of the delivery before the ball is bowled. How early depends on your setting. My reaction time is not that great so I would select the 'Reaction Time' setting as "Slow" or "Average". Others may select "Fast" or "Lightening". But it will allow us to bat without pre-meditating as length is what I would prefer to kow about early.

I was playing with some "Zaid Fox" on PC. He is 2nd on overall Ranking on DBC 14 (Not Online Ranking). I batted 1st and scored 10/97 in 9.4 Overs. In reply he was 7/5 in 4.5 Overs when he disconnected his connection. What a sore looser this so called 2nd Rank DBC14 player. He could at-least forfeited the match if he was so ashamed about humiliating defeat. I tried several time to send him to resume play request but of-course he has not accepted it. We really need a thread to Name & Shame guys like these so that we know whom to play and who are the low life quitters.

73PmXIZ.png

hTOizff.png

Agreed. There should be a setting in the game which shows you the length of the delivery before the ball is bowled. How early depends on your setting. My reaction time is not that great so I would select the 'Reaction Time' setting as "Slow" or "Average". Others may select "Fast" or "Lightening". But it will allow us to bat without pre-meditating as length is what I would prefer to kow about early.

Absolutely wrong. No need for that. this is the most challenging part of the game. Also the best part.
See the ball closely to hit a proper short.
But still the difficulty level is further to B matched between bat and ball.

Played some random putz online today, who bowled the loopy bullshit spin deliveries that were almost bouncing twice... I think those kinda deliveries need to be locked into the "auto-forfeit" function or something. I've blocked him on Steam, if I can dig his username out of my steam chat logs, I'll post it. NO IDEA why you would want to play online and bowl bullshit non-cricket deliveries, it's no fun for anyone and you're not being clever. Hope it's not a member of PC.net...

...as an aside, played another knobhat who when I was kicking his ass, decided he'd bowl short deliveries and wides, thanks auto-forfeit function.

Played some random putz online today, who bowled the loopy bullshit spin deliveries that were almost bouncing twice... I think those kinda deliveries need to be locked into the "auto-forfeit" function or something. I've blocked him on Steam, if I can dig his username out of my steam chat logs, I'll post it. NO IDEA why you would want to play online and bowl bullshit non-cricket deliveries, it's no fun for anyone and you're not being clever. Hope it's not a member of PC.net...

...as an aside, played another knobhat who when I was kicking his ass, decided he'd bowl short deliveries and wides, thanks auto-forfeit function.
What's wrong with bowling wide's and short?Btw! it was'nt me you played online.

If you're getting beaten and bowling them over and over again, it's just being a douche. Thankfully, the game offers a forfeit to the person suffering that shit, so jokes on the sore loser.

If you're getting beaten and bowling them over and over again, it's just being a douche. Thankfully, the game offers a forfeit to the person suffering that shit, so jokes on the sore loser.
True.

NO IDEA why you would want to play online and bowl bullshit non-cricket deliveries, it's no fun for anyone and you're not being clever. .

It's because there are a lot of gamers out there who don't have a working concept of genuine competition or mastery, and whose enjoyment therefore mainly stems from winning (or avoiding losing) with little regard for how cheap and shitty their play is.

But does'nt the forfeit option offer your opponent the win? never mind,i understand now,what you meant.

Last edited:
Absolutely wrong. No need for that. this is the most challenging part of the game. Also the best part.
See the ball closely to hit a proper short.
But still the difficulty level is further to B matched between bat and ball.

Challenge would be if you don't need to pre-meditate and bat based on judging line & length. As it stands now most of the folks are pre-meditating as there's not enough time to judge line & length and play a shot accordingly. I don't see any reason why a 'Reaction Time' setting can't be added in the game. If you are happy the way things are you can select the "Lightening" option for the setting and things will remain as they are, but majority will have the choice of selecting "Average" as Reaction Time setting and get enough time to judge line & length, or at the very least length.

More Online greatness over the last few days against @MattW, so much hilarity. Hopefully his video worked and he can upload some of the carnage that went on. On a more serious note we had an amazing bat-pad moment, one or two BRILLIANT run-outs and the "Super Test" format remains king of all online formats, despite me trying to be clever and come up with better, I was unable to... But still won the weird format I came up with.

#BradmanBiggs

Users who are viewing this thread