Discussion Online Play General Discussion

Couldnt agree more with the above posts. There should be some adjustments for this , currently the bowler can just merrily alternate between the two extremes , without any risk/penalty , and Poor old Batmen must contend with difference of 48km/h in bowling speed.

In real life cricket , I can see the slower ball normally when the bowler is jogging in , or by his delivery action , in the game all is the same , and you are expected to "pick" the speed from release of the ball. This is unfair on the batters part.

Praying it gets some attention in Patch3 , as thats one of my big gripes.

Yeap , the Speed Variances for the Fast Bowlers are just too wildly apart still.

In my latest online match , I had my opponent delivering either 116km/h Slowballs , or 158.8Km/h Extra Fast Balls , alternating whenever between the two.

This can never be allowed to occur every ball , and at such ease. Especially since there is no extra cue for the batsmen to know its a slower ball .

The Game must strive for a bit more realism here. They did close the gap from 97km/h to 116 , but I strongly feel it still needs more adjustment , plus one should not be able to bowl your two "Special" speed Balls continuously .

Right I am going to argue against this notion going around that the difference between slower balls and faster balls is too great, i have seen it going around a lot. We have already had the speed difference reduced once and it just about made the slower ball survive for pace bowlers and another change will just kill it.

Why is the focus only on the difference in speeds for pace bowlers? and not spinners?

I do not agree at all with cutting the speed fif, but if the speed difference is to be cut down then the level of difficulty to play the new slower deliveries should be increased. Currently to time a shot to a ball bowled at 158kph is not too different than timing a shot to ball bowled at around 138kph so basically if they simply reduce the difference of speed to around 20kph the slow ball will become useless, and that would widen the gap between quality pace bowling and quality spin bowling, the latter is already arguably some what ahead of the fast bowling. (Think of the online players who can are the best with bowling with pace bowlers and think of the players who are the best with spin bowlers)

I think difference in timing the deliveries at 158kph and 116kph is about right, the slower balls from a fast bowler should be difficult to play and the timing should be very different from timing a fast ball. A 20kph is not actually realistic, I have seen fast bowlers bowl at much greater difference than that.

Look at these 113kph, 111kph and even 107pph Shoaib Akhtar deliveries.

Brett Lee, bowling at 118kph straight after a 148kph delivery to Brian Lara, if it did the job for him then we should expect it to be difficult.

Shaun Tait bowling at 123kph

This was just a small sample of a quick youtube search for slower balls by fast bowlers I am sure there is plenty of more out there, but this should suffice to show my point that the difference in speed in game of between 158 and 116 is realistic enough.

It is also worth pointing out that not everyone is able to ball at these slowest speeds, I have played countless online matches and only a very few have been able to achieve the slowest speeds, so it is something that needs to be mastered and if some have able to do so then good for them.

Or if they do reduce the difference in speed of the pace bowlers they should also reduce the difference in speed with spin bowlers, at the moment the slowest ball a spinner can bowl and the fastest ball a spinner can bowl is probably greater than the difference between the slowest ball a pace bowler can bowl and fastest ball a pace bowler can bowl, or at least the difference required to time the ball makes it feel that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think that speeds have been rectified in the patch and now the difference is not much
remember in the end its a game and not real cricket i think if the difference is too less then you will not even be able to feel it as a batsman and fast bowling will be much more predictable

i think that speeds have been rectified in the patch and now the difference is not much
remember in the end its a game and not real cricket i think if the difference is too less then you will not even be able to feel it as a batsman and fast bowling will be much more predictable

Exactly. Glad someone is one the same page as me. :thumbs

Exactly. Glad someone is one the same page as me. :thumbs

Count me in this page too. I think Of course earlier it was an issue, but now, I dont even realize the difference between the Fastest & Slowest Ball while playing online. I have not played Offline much, so dont want to comment on Career Mode etc, but for Online it is perfect for me as it is..

----------

Are you in PC (Steam)? Want someone to play Test Match with..

The thing is those who r in favor of this absurd pace diff...will always be in favor of it.

Yes these deliveries can b bowled in real but not every alternate balls.

Spin loopy very slow delivery should n must be also rectified.

The whole mechanism of just too much bowling variations ball after ball must be sorted out.

Consistent line n length with variables depending upon pitch weather wind conditions should come into play.

Oh my oh
This game is awesome.
But many more improvements to make.

@Ross
Customer r always the king

Right I am going to argue against this notion going around that the difference between slower balls and faster balls is too great, i have seen it going around a lot. We have already had the speed difference reduced once and it just about made the slower ball survive for pace bowlers and another change will just kill it.

Why is the focus only on the difference in speeds for pace bowlers? and not spinners?

I do not agree at all with cutting the speed fif, but if the speed difference is to be cut down then the level of difficulty to play the new slower deliveries should be increased. Currently to time a shot to a ball bowled at 158kph is not too different than timing a shot to ball bowled at around 138kph so basically if they simply reduce the difference of speed to around 20kph the slow ball will become useless, and that would widen the gap between quality pace bowling and quality spin bowling, the latter is already arguably some what ahead of the fast bowling. (Think of the online players who can are the best with bowling with pace bowlers and think of the players who are the best with spin bowlers)

I think difference in timing the deliveries at 158kph and 116kph is about right, the slower balls from a fast bowler should be difficult to play and the timing should be very different from timing a fast ball. A 20kph is not actually realistic, I have seen fast bowlers bowl at much greater difference than that.

Look at these 113kph, 111kph and even 107pph Shoaib Akhtar deliveries.

Brett Lee, bowling at 118kph straight after a 148kph delivery to Brian Lara, if it did the job for him then we should expect it to be difficult.

Shaun Tait bowling at 123kph

This was just a small sample of a quick youtube search for slower balls by fast bowlers I am sure there is plenty of more out there, but this should suffice to show my point that the difference in speed in game of between 158 and 116 is realistic enough.

It is also worth pointing out that not everyone is able to ball at these slowest speeds, I have played countless online matches and only a very few have been able to achieve the slowest speeds, so it is something that needs to be mastered and if some have able to do so then good for them.

Or if they do reduce the difference in speed of the pace bowlers they should also reduce the difference in speed with spin bowlers, at the moment the slowest ball a spinner can bowl and the fastest ball a spinner can bowl is probably greater than the difference between the slowest ball a pace bowler can bowl and fastest ball a pace bowler can bowl, or at least the difference required to time the ball makes it feel that way.

You make some reasonable points however I think there are some things you are forgetting:

1) In the game you do not have any way of watching the bowlers grip, delivery, release etc to give you any hint it might be a lower ball

2) In the game you do not have any way of adjusting or changing your shot after the ball has been delivered as you would in real life

3) The issue is as much about the wide range in pace for "normal" deliveries as it is about the variation in pace between effort balls and slower balls

The bowlers you selected (Lee and Akhtar in particular) were known for having slower balls substantially slower than their stock speed so it's not really a representative sample.

Having said all that I do not disagree with your suggestion about making the timing window for a slower ball smaller but on the flip side I would also make them more difficult to deliver well. Ideally both the quality of the delivery (including magnitude of drop in pace?) and the timing window would be tied to the bowlers "slower ball" skill.

I think the biggest issue people have is that in reality a ball bowled at 116kph halfway down the pitch should be simple enough for most club standard batsmen to send wherever they want wherea in the game it is a deadly wicket taking delivery!

I think the biggest issue people have is that in reality a ball bowled at 116kph halfway down the pitch should be simple enough for most club standard batsmen to send wherever they want wherea in the game it is a deadly wicket taking delivery!

This and also the fact that in real matches slower ball is a surprise weapon which is used once every so many deliveries to be effective. If you use it often, you get hit all around the park. But in the game you can vary the pace every delivery and it actually plays in bowler's favor rather than the other way round. A 110 kph long hop bowled regularly should be hammered out of the ground instead of being the wicket taking delivery of choice.

We also don't have a tell on the ball until it leaves the hand, everything can change up until that point.

We also don't have a tell on the ball until it leaves the hand, everything can change up until that point.
ya that's one of the things that while enhances bowling so much, makes it so that you cant cut slack with batting by having the marker appear a tad earlier.

But would it be possible in the next iteration to have length alone appear early depending on batsman, form, conditions, settled/unsettled etc as its selected during the runup.So that we get to feel a difference between sachin,ponting and a saha or broad in-terms of ability to pick length early.

One of the things that can be looked into for the next iteration is having the bowler select the length while pulling the stick back and then use the pushing of the stick for hurling the ball, this way the length can be known that tad earlier and can be played around with.

Last edited:
Was having a great test match with kushari when the game crashed to the desktop and didnt give us the chance to save.:mad,Gutted.:noway

Played this AMAZING Test Match with my friend @jaraarrow Though there were some bugs initially and frequent disconnections, but it was real fun. The Match was quite close than what Score Card suggest. We both agreed and played with our created self player in both the ENG 1930s Team (For Jaraarrow) and INDIAN All Time Best (for Kushari). I scored above 50 in both the Innings, disappointed not to get to century.

Wsh6Nfy.png

I dont agree.

When you Pull back the RAS , the wanted length of the ball is locked into a bracket of Short/Good/Full . Depending on when the RAS is pushed back up , determines the exact length in the Block.

If for example a "Full" delivery was selected on the face button just prior to the RAS pulling back , it can NEVER become a Short ball by pushing RAS up very late. It can only result in being on the border of a full ball and a good length ball.

Hence I`m saying that the intended length of the ball is known prior to the release of the ball , and my request for the length indicator to be shown that split second earlier.

If it cannot be done because of the way the code is written , then that is something else and nothing could be done about it for this iteration.

I dont agree.
I think Ross might be referencing the fact the ball indicator also shows you line/direction, which isn't calculated until the release, even though the general colour might be at the point of pulling back.

@RIZZYX

My gripe is not with the slow ball being bowled at that speed. Its more the ease of it , and the fact that a bowler can alternate between extra fast and Slow ball , each and every ball.

This cannot be right , and should be looked upon. It is just too easy to achieve this , there should be some tapering off , of the ability (without sounding too Arcade gimmicky) . Currently its just too much variation balls being bowled at will , by ANY bowler , not even high ranked bowlers.

Surely some timing window adjustment at least can sort this out if the actual speed is not touched , but it cannot be that this is what DBC will end up .

Who can second guess the opponents Fast/Slower ball the best....

Users who are viewing this thread