Pakistan in India Dec-Jan 2012/13

Series stats: Gambhir+Sehwag+Kohli+Yuvraj+Raina+Rahane+Rohit = 216/16.

MS Dhoni alone - 188/0 and still batting.

He has a back problem and he has to do 50 overs of wicketkeeping.It is already bad that others keep on making him play over 30 overs as a batsman.
He is a wicketkeeper for heaven's sake!Also,No.3 belongs to Kohli.

A trivia question- Is MSD the only captain[India] to have led the country to 3 white-washes[including this] ?

----------

Very lucky day for Shami Ahmed, not often that a No.11 makes his debut and he gets to bat.

I really liked the statement from Wasim Akram; " Everyone is shell-shocked that Jadeja has hit a six".:p

Dhoni goes :cheers now it all depends on Sir Ravindra Jadeja to get a fighting total for India :D

He is only a kid, he has triple centuries to his name in domestic Cricket, it is only a matter of time before he does justice to his talent and faith shown by the captain in him.

Soft dismissal for the captain today :( I just feel that after the selectors dropped Sachin from the Pakistan series everyone in the team is feeling the pressure, I think even Dhoni is not feeling very safe, anyway people asking for Dhoni's head is absolutely ridiculous.

A trivia question- Is MSD the only captain[India] to have led the country to 3 white-washes[including this] ?

Wow, are you for real? I can only think that you are posting all this rubbish just to make sure you are noticed. Anyone with half a brain would realize Dhoni has been top Indian batsman in all these series. There are 11 players playing for India fyi. And, MSD is the only captain to lead India to T20 WC win, 2nd to WC win and maybe the 1st under whom the team was number 1 in Tests.

Anyone with half a brain would realize Dhoni has been top Indian batsman in all these series. There are 11 players playing for India fyi. And, MSD is the only captain to lead India to T20 WC win, 2nd to WC win and maybe the 1st under whom the team was number 1 in Tests.

My question was whether he is the only captain to have had the maximum white-washes. Don't remember any other Indian captain to have been given such a long rope.

FYI, I am not even talking about his batting here. I have just been talking about white-washes and MSD being in charge in all of those.

Team wins, captain gets the credit (don't know why, it's a team game), similarly team loses, captain's the culprit. In the latter case, if the captain makes runs he is still the reason team lost. What exactly do we expect from a captain? :facepalm

I think I have heard him say it before - that he intentionally takes the blame when India loses so the pressure doesnt fall on the team. And then the whole of India goes after him.

What the F is wrong with the idiot, the Indian captain ???

Why can he not go in 1-down ???
And Jadeja again bats below Ashwin ? Why select him in the first place at all,if he is to bat below a bowler.I am not going to watch the game anymore. I wish the Indians lose 0-5 to England as well.

Really baffles me how we won the World Cup ! [one tour wonder] Probably this must be the worst performance by a World Champion side.
I hope you're trolling, I hope you're trolling, I hope you're trolling....

----------

I am not going to watch the game anymore.
That will be better for whole India. Thanks :wave

Nope, they would finish it off earlier. Your batsmen are in great form and I think the match might end before 30 odd overs.

Team wins, captain gets the credit (don't know why, it's a team game), similarly team loses, captain's the culprit. In the latter case, if the captain makes runs he is still the reason team lost. What exactly do we expect from a captain? :facepalm

Depends who you ask, if it's Icyman it'd go something like this;

Bat (1-11) - score a 100 at each position, no edges
Bowl (50 overs) - take 10 wickets, wicket every ball, all must be bowled
Keep wicket (50 overs) - take 10 catches, no drops, wides must be caught

If all criteria are met then maybe, just maybe he won't get angry. :facepalm

So Indian are bowled out for 165, a whitewash most likely, thank you Pakistan!

Users who are viewing this thread