Pakistan in India Dec-Jan 2012/13

Damn ha Pakistan just find good looking quick bowlers from everywhere. Mohammed Irfan 7 feet tall, bowling 90mph could be an interesting find for them.

Sometimes I feel that Rohit Sharma and Ravinder Jadeja have made a CD of Dhoni! ;)

Haha amazing game in the end. Good start by India bowling but failed to get Hafeez and Malik which destroyed them.

We got off to good starts in both innings, just couldn't push on and get a big score or bowl the other team out.

Good thing I attended a social family function today. Don't think there is any point in supporting India now. We did have an excellent start, but even in home conditions we have been throwing it away. Good luck Team India....as long as MSD leads you ,you shall never ever be the same force again.

Well played by hafeez and mailk great partnership at the right time.

And we'll played for the debut guy kumar

For those who saw the game live i didn't realize that a batsman could be given not out off a no-ball for "height", for a ball that bounced. To my knowledge the height equation for a ball over a batsman waist is considered for a full-toss.

So i found Malik's reprieve interesting, since i don't know if the icc adjusted the rules recently cause i've never seen that before in cricket.

No surprise here, Pakistan are light years ahead of India.

India bowling wasnt bad, batting after the openers deplorable!

----------

Damn ha Pakistan just find good looking quick bowlers from everywhere. Mohammed Irfan 7 feet tall, bowling 90mph could be an interesting find for them.

Certainly sounds interesting, angry I missed the match today looking forward to see him play, at that height and pace certainly seems a threat to batsmen.

Ifran was the biggest positive for Pakistan and Kamran Akmal proved once again that he is not good enough for this level. He let Ishant get in his head and almost cost us the match. I would like to see him dropped and have Umer keep the wicket.

For those who saw the game live i didn't realize that a batsman could be given not out off a no-ball for "height", for a ball that bounced. To my knowledge the height equation for a ball over a batsman waist is considered for a full-toss.

So i found Malik's reprieve interesting, since i don't know if the icc adjusted the rules recently cause i've never seen that before in cricket.
So what happened was earlier in Ishant's over, Mohammad Hafeez was dismissed by a short delivery which bounced over his shoulder.

In T20, a bowler can only bowl one delivery over the batsman'a shoulder (that's what it is when umpires call "one for the over". He had bowled his one delivery over the shoulder when he dismissed Hafeez.

Now the delivery Malik was dismissed on, was also over the shoulder, and therefore rightly given as a no ball.

Whatever you guys say but looking at the way pitch behaved, I think we missed Irfan Pathan. A damn good swing bowler and a left armer to add the variety and can bat better than Sir Ravindrasinh Jadeja in shorter formats. Btw, I'm very pleased with how the wickets have been prepared for that match and for the England T20I series. If such wickets are prepared for the domestic matches particularly for FCs, it will go a long way in getting good pacers and technically more sound batters for green-top pitches.

Its that time in the calender where the Indian politicians invite their Pakistan counterparts over discussing current political problems over a game of cricket.

I never understand politicians and cricket. Leave politics out of sports completely. I could understand if racist comments are made and politicians have to step in (like in the case of Harbhajan vs. Symonds/Australia or Apartheid), but if nothing sour is being done, stop making a sport into anything bigger than a sport. I feel as if that's the reason why India stops playing Pakistan after terrorist attacks that they trace to Pakistan. Just leave sports to sports.

I never understand politicians and cricket. Leave politics out of sports completely. I could understand if racist comments are made and politicians have to step in (like in the case of Harbhajan vs. Symonds/Australia or Apartheid), but if nothing sour is being done, stop making a sport into anything bigger than a sport. I feel as if that's the reason why India stops playing Pakistan after terrorist attacks that they trace to Pakistan. Just leave sports to sports.

Yet that was discussed over a game of cricket in a world cup semi final. Indian Prime Minister spared no time in inviting Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousaj Raza Gillani to visit Mohali to see the cricket match. This was a new beginning of the dialogue between the two countries after India accused Pakistan for the Mumbai Terror attack in 2008.

(like in the case of Harbhajan vs. Symonds/Australia or Apartheid)
But why wasn't NZ banned in the 70's for their racial problems with Pacifics people or Australia banned for slaughtering thousands of natives close to extinction? SA at least did not commit genocide. People on the outside will never understand SA because they fail to look up how big its diversity is. There are several different tribes who all speak different languages and who have distinct and hugely different cultures. We are talking about over 200 tribes here. The Xhosa and Zulu fight till this day and there is killings everyday between them. Now think of Rwanda with two tribes fighting similiar to Zulu's and Xhosa. What happened in 1994 how many people were killed? That is a country with 2 tribes fighting mostly untouched by European laws and dictated by tribal laws. Now how do the elected government protect all its citizens? What is the best way for the Rwanda government to protect both tribes? Remember they will never accept each other never ever as their believes are different. Its not a religion its a culture. Go look at every country in Africa almost how tribes fight and kill each other in massive scales.

Last edited:
So what happened was earlier in Ishant's over, Mohammad Hafeez was dismissed by a short delivery which bounced over his shoulder.

In T20, a bowler can only bowl one delivery over the batsman'a shoulder (that's what it is when umpires call "one for the over". He had bowled his one delivery over the shoulder when he dismissed Hafeez.

Now the delivery Malik was dismissed on, was also over the shoulder, and therefore rightly given as a no ball.

Ahh thanks, that clears it up..

I think Pakistan have a rule that states a bowler must bowl at 140kph plus to be considered as a fast bowler for national team.

Users who are viewing this thread